Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Norvell Out.....Kiffin almost certainly out....Morris In

Started by Roaringboar, December 04, 2017, 06:05:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RexMentor

A couple of seasons of success at UA (seven wins, nine wins) could see those salaries bumped to $5 million, $3 million and $3 million.

HogPokerPlayer

So under market rate for HC after a couple winning seasons, and above market for both coordinators. Seems like a solid plan.

After dangling 7mm in front of Gus, we aren't hiring anyone for less than 4mm their first year.

Pigstie

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 04, 2017, 07:42:09 pm
And another damn thing. You are quite the uppity type. Demanding answers like you got some kind of deadline or report you must file quickly. You work for the Madison county weekly or something? IBM? FBI?

You don't get this board, you don't get me. This board is entertainment mixed with some info. I bring info AND entertainment in spades....and these people, most of them anyway, are hog fans and my friends. They don't hinge on this like it is life or death. We all roll with the flow. Duck has been wrong before, Porked tongue has been wrong before, Porkaterian has been wrong before, Lanny, Wilson, Biggus have all been wrong before and I have been wrong before....doesn't mean we don't hear things or that they are definitely wrong. Every one of those guys knows the politics that go on up there and everyone of them is more right than they are wrong...by a big percentage....and other than Duck, none of them like me. But that is how the cookie crumbles sometimes....

But and no offense, you deserve nothing.

PRJ
Wrong before??? lmao
When has anyone on this board been right?? Who picked CBB? Who picked the new AD? Hell who picked Long? Who picked BP?  Wrong before?? The fact is no one on this board has ever been right.
The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

Redhogs

Quote from: Pigstie on December 05, 2017, 09:06:24 am
Wrong before??? lmao
When has anyone on this board been right?? Who picked CBB? Who picked the new AD? Hell who picked Long? Who picked BP?  Wrong before?? The fact is no one on this board has ever been right.
Wrong...I mean right.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Roaringboar

Not sure, can't confirm, but I'm hearing Kiffin and another name is getting another look with the new AD hire......but I am hearing we should name a coach by tommorrow night at the latest.......
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

Omahabound

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 04, 2017, 07:34:58 pm
And? And? The only AD candidate that my people mentioned to me was Scott Varady..and that was 2 weeks ago.

With that said...

Lane Kiffin.

I am warming up the word wizard.....

PRJ
Okay..so here you said Kiffin..

NationalChamps2017

Quote from: ModestoHOG63 on December 05, 2017, 11:30:25 am
We've already been a laughing stock.  We need to hit a home run (hire) and then get busy on the recruiting trail.

Who are we a laughing stock to?

Omahabound

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 04, 2017, 07:34:58 pm
And? And? The only AD candidate that my people mentioned to me was Scott Varady..and that was 2 weeks ago.

With that said...

Lane Kiffin.

I am warming up the word wizard.....

PRJ

Well you said Kiffin here

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Pigstie on December 05, 2017, 09:06:24 am
Wrong before??? lmao
i picked BP real early in december. a few of us degenerates did, and got SOUNDLY mocked. but nobody was right on the rest of those.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

3kgthog

Is this what watching the moon landing was like? I am riveted.

Hardyguy

I wonder how much the University of Oregon comes into play for Kiffin. With his social media efforts and offensive mind, I see him as someone they may go after. He would have a chance to stick it to USC if he's in the PAC 12.

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

OkieBack

Quote from: Omahabound on December 05, 2017, 11:27:30 am
Again...Kiffin

News out of Fayetteville.  Forget Kiffin.  Forget Norvell and Morris.  Forget all the rest.  It's Norm Chow baby!!!!  Lol

Libertarian Hog

Quote from: Roaringboar on December 04, 2017, 06:05:59 pm
That's what I'm hearing anyways......can't confirm, but pretty certain Kiffin won't be the guy......wish he was going to be, him or Norvell, but Morris is sounding more and more likely..... :puke:

I think this is baloney.  Norvell is certainly not out.
Question with boldness even the existence of a God, for if there be one, he must more approve the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear. - Thomas Jeffersxon

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Hardyguy on December 05, 2017, 12:25:06 pm
I wonder how much the University of Oregon comes into play for Kiffin. With his social media efforts and offensive mind, I see him as someone they may go after. He would have a chance to stick it to USC if he's in the PAC 12.
it's a good question.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

searkhogfan

Quote from: ModestoHOG63 on December 05, 2017, 11:50:39 am
Com on.....jeez.   Everyone!   Every single team we play and their fans and the media.......they all think Arkansas is a joke going back to the Houston Nutt fiasco and the banners.    The list is endless if you pay attention.    WINNING will shut these people up real quick and you know it.   Unbelievable.

The only one's they're laughing at. Is the ridiculous overreacting nutjob fans. That are screaming & Crying about the coaching search.  I have to agree with them. It's quite humorous. 

NationalChamps2017

Quote from: searkhogfan on December 05, 2017, 12:42:38 pm

The only one's they're laughing at. Is the ridiculous overreacting nutjob fans. That are screaming & Crying about the coaching search.  I have to agree with them. It's quite humorous.

This is what I was referring to with my question. I think the searches have been handled fairly well. Yes, there was a report of of split groups searching, but how accurate is that? The MEDIA reported what they thought was information on the new AD. Again, that was not the school. The searches have seemed to be thorough, since being turned down by Malzahn. I have no issue with them swinging big out of the gate to get someone established. What you should be more pleased with is the not pulling a Tennessee and throwing hires up against the wall to see what stuck. The Board got together, seem to set into motion the plan for if Gus turned us down, and went to work. Yes, I am just as impatient as the next person, but it seems they are trying to get it right, and whomever they hire, should be afforded to have OUR support, until they prove otherwise.

searkhogfan

Quote from: NationalChamps2017 on December 05, 2017, 12:58:23 pm
This is what I was referring to with my question. I think the searches have been handled fairly well. Yes, there was a report of of split groups searching, but how accurate is that? The MEDIA reported what they thought was information on the new AD. Again, that was not the school. The searches have seemed to be thorough, since being turned down by Malzahn. I have no issue with them swinging big out of the gate to get someone established. What you should be more pleased with is the not pulling a Tennessee and throwing hires up against the wall to see what stuck. The Board got together, seem to set into motion the plan for if Gus turned us down, and went to work. Yes, I am just as impatient as the next person, but it seems they are trying to get it right, and whomever they hire, should be afforded to have OUR support, until they prove otherwise.

+1

Jonbo

Quote from: NationalChamps2017 on December 05, 2017, 12:58:23 pm
As I've mentioned elsewhere,  I'm heartened by the fact that the search is being conducted,  as was the AD search, in such a secretive manner. It indicates that some discipline, at least, is being applied. In this atmosphere I don't mind so much them taking their time.  I trust they're doing their due diligence rather than being indecisive or bickering.

carolinahogger

Quote from: ModestoHOG63 on December 05, 2017, 11:50:39 am
Com on.....jeez.   Everyone!   Every single team we play and their fans and the media.......they all think Arkansas is a joke going back to the Houston Nutt fiasco and the banners.    The list is endless if you pay attention.    WINNING will shut these people up real quick and you know it.   Unbelievable.

Nobody except Razorback fans and ESPN talking heads are interested in the following things:
1.  The Arkansas coaching search.
2.  Long Firing / new AD
3.  Old Nutt news

Some of you want to play this up like it is a big drama and everyone is watching.  Nobody cares.

3dawghawg

It sounds like the media has been told to push Morris and JJ is in control

NationalChamps2017

Quote from: 3dawghawg on December 05, 2017, 01:16:07 pm
It sounds like the media has been told to push Morris and JJ is in control

Look, Morris is not the most desirable to me either, but obviously they keep saying his name because that's the name they are hearing from the inside. I don't think they are pushing anyone. May just feel like they need to take a stand when people start bashing. Everyone needs to calm down, and REALIZE NOBODY HAS ANY INFORMATION!!!!!!

Roaringboar

I'm hearing it was Morris until last night, Kiffin by Wednesday unless Orgeon throws the bank at him.....hearing he wants back in the SEC......

Roaringboar

Also....told you so about Norvell....heard it first from Roaringboar......

Roaringboar

I'm hearing Morris is now the plan B to our new Plan A......get ready for a crazy train tonight folks......

jgphillips3

Quote from: Roaringboar on December 05, 2017, 03:33:04 pm
I'm hearing it was Morris until last night, Kiffin by Wednesday unless Orgeon throws the bank at him.....hearing he wants back in the SEC......

By God you better be right.  I started off thinking okay of Morris.  The more I looked, the more I think he could be a disaster.  Kiffin, Venables...then down a ways Leach...I don't even want to contemplate a Morris hire.  If he had spiked recruiting at SMU, I might feel different but he actually got slightly worse and his big selling point, other than offense, is being a recruiter. 

Philip Seaton

Quote from: Roaringboar on December 05, 2017, 03:50:51 pm
I'm hearing Morris is now the plan B to our new Plan A......get ready for a crazy train tonight folks......

Morris is the plan. There is no other. Just go ahead and get used to the fact they are going to a hire a coach with 7 wins this season, with three of those by 4 points or less to teams that were 3-9 or worse.

National media will rave about the hire. Yet three weeks ago were just "Arkansas" and are no better than mid-pack 7 or 8 wins at most team.

Local media is already attempting to sing the praises. All of these coaches just rave about him. He can recruit East Texas, etc., etc. All garbage.

Give me back Bielema with this hire. Absolute waste of resources, spend over $15 million in buyouts and end up with Morris? And Morris will probably be getting 3 to 4 mill per year. Insane!

a shady hog

Quote from: Philip Seaton on December 05, 2017, 03:55:38 pm
Morris is the plan. There is no other. Just go ahead and get used to the fact they are going to a hire a coach with 7 wins this season, with three of those by 4 points or less to teams that were 3-9 or worse.

National media will rave about the hire. Yet three weeks ago were just "Arkansas" and are no better than mid-pack 7 or 8 wins at most team.

Local media is already attempting to sing the praises. All of these coaches just rave about him. He can recruit East Texas, etc., etc. All garbage.

Give me back Bielema with this hire. Absolute waste of resources, spend over $15 million in buyouts and end up with Morris? And Morris will probably be getting 3 to 4 mill per year. Insane!

I hate to agree with you, but I think you're probably right.

Roaringboar

Sources......I'm not saying it won't be Morris, because I was hearing it would be him until the hire was announced yesterday for the new AD, but a lot of what I'm hearing says it's Kiffin to turn down like it was for Gus......the only fear is Orgeon is going to counter and possibly offer him more with a huge bonus to stick around after what just happened to them.....Can't confirm.......just what I've heard......

Roaringboar

Basically tonight is the night if everything I've heard is right......it's either go with Plan A and ride the train or take Plan B before Tennessee can get him which really, REALLY sucks!!!!! I'm hearing we should know tonight, or early tommorrow.......

bollweevil

A few facts about Chad Morris . . . draw your own conclusions:
Head Coach, SMU (2015-17) / Record: 14-22 (2-10 in 2015, 5-7 in 2016, 7-5 in 2017 / SMU was 1-11 the year before he arrived
Offensive Coordinator, Clemson (2011-14) / Clemson's record:  41-11
Offensive Coordinator, Tulsa (2009-10) / TU improved from 5-7 in '09 to 10-3 in '10
Texas high school coach for 16 years
In his last two years, led Lake Travis HS to back-to-back 16-0 seasons and Class 4A state championships

I know he's not the flashy hire some of you want, but in the long run, he might be the best hire.

Roaringboar

Quote from: bollweevil on December 05, 2017, 04:10:16 pm
A few facts about Chad Morris . . . draw your own conclusions:
Head Coach, SMU (2015-17) / Record: 14-22 (2-10 in 2015, 5-7 in 2016, 7-5 in 2017 / SMU was 1-11 the year before he arrived
Offensive Coordinator, Clemson (2011-14) / Clemson's record:  41-11
Offensive Coordinator, Tulsa (2009-10) / TU improved from 5-7 in '09 to 10-3 in '10
Texas high school coach for 16 years
In his last two years, led Lake Travis HS to back-to-back 16-0 seasons and Class 4A state championships

I know he's not the flashy hire some of you want, but in the long run, he might be the best hire.

He wasn't the head coach at Clemson, nor Tulsa.....he may have run the offense but not the team, and let's not forget that the ACC wasn't nearly as good when he was there as it has been since he left.......and at SMU he's not been that impressive.....two losing seasons 1 with 7 very ugly wins for the most part........and his HS career doesn't mean crap in the SEC......might get you a start at a Sun Belt school......here that isn't worth a thing........

ChicoHog

If we had Kiffin in our pocket but waited too long and now Mr. Nike is in play and snatches him from us I will be really ticked off. 

Roaringboar

Quote from: ChicoHog on December 05, 2017, 04:13:07 pm
If we had Kiffin in our pocket but waited too long and now Mr. Nike is in play and snatches him from us I will be really ticked off.

Wasn't in our pocket, still isn't......this could still go Morris which would suck.....if it ends up being Kiffin, it'll be by just inches that he beat out Morris.....but Morris is still the clear-cut #2........

colbs

cosmodrum

Thanks a lot Jerry Jones. You bumbling redneck.
Go away, batin'

OkieBack

bollweevil

No he wasn't the head coach at Clemson or Tulsa.  But every great head coach started somewhere as an assistant. Bud Wilkinson, Barry Switzer and Bob Stoops had never been head coaches before Oklahoma hired them. As for his HS career, it means he has plenty of recruiting contacts in Texas, and that IS worth something. I'm not saying he's the best choice, but I don't think he'd be the disaster some on here think he would be.

Tony Perkis

stronguard

December 05, 2017, 04:28:12 pm #391 Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 04:26:25 pm by stronguard
I wanted Kiffin or BV.  But, I'll hope for the best.  Good Luck CM
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

Roaringboar

HoopS

haha. Wow.

HF#1

We should keep this thread alive for the next 6 years so we can refer back to it for a good laugh.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin