Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bret's Message to Morris

Started by Next1_04, December 06, 2017, 07:01:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Chief Mac

Some of you are just sad, bitter human beings. 
Pathetic
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

RagingHawgOn

Quote from: rude1 on December 06, 2017, 07:16:47 pm
No it wasn't his fault he had his finger in ole Jeff's eye. But does that excuse him for making the cash grab on the way out the door, knowing he hadn't delivered anything on the field?

Cash grab my ass. A contract is a contract.

And, whether you choose to believe it or not, he delivered in ways that will show up as we move forward.  A change was necessary but CBB left this place in much better shape than when he arrived.

East TN HAWG

I like the guy a lot.  Hope he lands on his feet somewhere. 

rickm1976

Quote from: Lanlord on December 06, 2017, 07:03:39 pm
He has class.  He has not said a bad word publicly about Arkansas.  His coaching ability is what was the problem.

I think he's a good enough coach and leader.  He just couldn't bring in enough SEC level talent, especially speed on defense.

babo1

Quote from: East TN HAWG on December 07, 2017, 08:23:55 am
I like the guy a lot.  Hope he lands on his feet somewhere.
[/quote       This, i agree               

Grizzlyfan

Both Long & Bielema have behaved in top-flight fashion following the firings.  You can't ask for much more from two guys you just canned.

hogcards

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on December 07, 2017, 09:29:23 am
Both Long & Bielema have behaved in top-flight fashion following the firings.  You can't ask for much more from two guys you just canned.

They have millions of reasons to do so.   ;)
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

smb

Quote from: rtr on December 06, 2017, 07:43:46 pm
100 % class.  Good luck to Coach B in all future endeavors.
This.
GeorgiaHOG

CiriusPorker

I think coaches rarely get butt hurt over being fired for losses.  It's the business they're in.  You can't blame him for fighting to keep his job by talking. We all do that.  His job was never on the line because he was a bad guy, not even because he was a bad coach.  He just didn't get the wins. 

hogcards

Quote from: CiriusPorker on December 07, 2017, 09:34:56 am
I think coaches rarely get butt hurt over being fired for losses.  It's the business they're in.  You can't blame him for fighting to keep his job by talking. We all do that.  His job was never on the line because he was a bad guy, not even because he was a bad coach.  He just didn't get the wins.

No, make no mistake, he's a bad coach.

If you want to believe he's a "nice guy", that's ok.  But don't comingle the two.
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

DeltaBoy

I will be shocked if Bret not coaching Fall of 2019.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jdlew

December 07, 2017, 09:50:55 am #111 Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 10:06:29 am by jdlew
Quote from: rude1 on December 06, 2017, 07:13:16 pm
You guys are just blind and it is not my fault. Guy walks away from here with 30 million dollars and produces nothing, and you sit around patting him on the back, talking about how great of a person he is. Funny I didn't see him telling his attorney to take a sensible buyout because he hadn't produced, no he sent his attorney to get every dollar  possible

on his way out. I just don't see how great of a guy he is................

This hate and jealousy ...will revisit you some day...

zebradynasty

Why is he bad coach because he didn't win at Arkansas ??? Hate to bust your bubble but Arkansas is and always has been tough to win at. For me...his downfall confirmed what I was concerned about from DAY 1 of his hire. Didn't think his system or style would work here. It obviously worked in Wisconsin and it could work somewhere else. I think that people that know and understand football won't count his failure at Arkansas against him too much. He will coach again. As for him getting $11 mil from us...unfortunately that's the cost of doing business now days, and I hate it but not coach B.

wildcat101

Quote from: snoot hoggy hog on December 06, 2017, 07:18:19 pm
You sound like someone who would fart in the tub then turnaround and bite the bubbles.

Lol that would be a good party trick

CiriusPorker

Quote from: hogcards on December 07, 2017, 09:36:27 am
No, make no mistake, he's a bad coach.

If you want to believe he's a "nice guy", that's ok.  But don't comingle the two.

Fair comment.  But I don't equate losing record at Arkansas to being a bad coach.  There are examples I could give, but..I'm sure you could think of your own examples.

MB Hog

Quote from: rude1 on December 06, 2017, 07:13:16 pm
You guys are just blind and it is not my fault. Guy walks away from here with 30 million dollars and produces nothing, and you sit around patting him on the back, talking about how great of a person he is. Funny I didn't see him telling his attorney to take a sensible buyout because he hadn't produced, no he sent his attorney to get every dollar  possible on his way out. I just don't see how great of a guy he is................
Like you would have done anything differently.  If anything, UA actually owed him over $15 million since they fired him before January 2018.  CBB was gracious enough to take the post-January buyout amount.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: rude1 on December 06, 2017, 07:20:07 pm
If by class you mean he manipulated an AD who was in love with him to get a contract he neither earned nor deserved, then I agree.

You have a personal hatred for the guy don't you?
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

hogsanity

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

BroyledNutts

He didn't work out, but he's a genuinely nice guy, and he likes it here.

How many of you have congratulated the guy that replaced you in your job? That takes a level of civility and class I don't think I could exhibit.

ATU HOG

I feel like Bret has been humbled a bit.  Dude seems like a great guy and is probably a pretty good football coach, just didn't work out here.  Feel like he was a tad on the arrogant side and felt like we should be honored to have him and Wisconsin should have been honored to have him too.  Hence the twitter wars with Wisconsin fans and blocking hog fans on social media (some for no reason). 

These last 2 seasons have really taking a toll on him I believe and I think he's been brought down to Earth a bit.  Very classy move on his part wishing the new guy well and being appreciative of being a razorback.

greenEGnHAWGS

This tweet was mentioned on the Finebaum show and they asked him on air to basically take a year off and become an analyst on espn. I think that'd be great for him to do. Give him time to regroup and go at it again next year.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

MB Hog

Quote from: hogcards on December 07, 2017, 09:32:17 am
They have millions of reasons to do so.   ;)
They get paid either way.  Being classy is just in their nature.

hogsanity

I hope BB takes a year off, enjoys being a dad, hopefully loses some weight, and then starts looking for another job.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HamGrowsOnTrees

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on December 06, 2017, 07:03:29 pm
Hate it didn't work out with him but I'm excited to move on!
He will be. He lost his Identity here. He needed to hit rock bottom to find it again.

hogginbama

Quote from: checkraiser88 on December 06, 2017, 07:18:29 pm
So he stole money? You want him to just burn money on fire? Well done by him I say, it's Long's fault, you're blaming the wrong person here lol

It is actually the fault of the BOT & RF for approving the deal and agreeing to paying the money when the time came. At the time of the extension/buyout, the trend was going up a year early. So they felt confident it would continue. He took us to what has been our average win total during the past 20+ yrs in year 2, 3, & 4...3 bowl games, was the only coach to win back-to-back bowl games....so they felt justified. No one could see the massive derail that would take place in the last 2 games of last year and this year.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

arkansashogs

have no idea why there are so many morons who still consider Bret as a classy man, classy act, etc.

it is simple he screwed us more than 30 million dollars, who else will not be classy if they can get even 1 million dollars from you.

hogginbama

Quote from: panhandlepig on December 06, 2017, 10:27:27 pm
  I wish it had worked out too.  I truly believe CBB came here with good intentions and thought he had a plan.  He didn't.
  I'm just imagining he had had an easy ride at Wisconsin with big time supervision and a framework for success.  He was in over his head from the get go. 

I don't even blame him for it. I'm just glad he is gone..

I think he felt there was a base to build a system on that would be in place for a long ride, similar to Wisconsin. Don't think he realized the move from a system like Petrino's to what he wanted would be as difficult and that recruiting would be as difficult nor the lack of depth the program has. A system like he came from takes depth and time to put in place (more than 4-5 yrs) and today's programs can't afford that amount of time.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.