Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bret's Message to Morris

Started by Next1_04, December 06, 2017, 07:01:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cale

Look. His tenure didn't work out here. He's not a bad guy. Quite the opposite.
Quote from: jst01 on January 06, 2018, 06:00:42 pm<br />Maybe we are a baseball school <br />

ifghog

Really wish he would have worked out. Great dude.

hawgmasta

Thanks bret, I think most everyone liked him, just couldn't get the job done.

Bardicer

Quote from: rude1 on December 06, 2017, 07:16:47 pm
No it wasn't his fault he had his finger in ole Jeff's eye. But does that excuse him for making the cash grab on the way out the door, knowing he hadn't delivered anything on the field?

How many of your employers have you told "no, don't pay me what we agreed on me making"?

jkstock04

Quote from: latrops on December 06, 2017, 07:41:32 pm
Making the cash grab?  He took what he was contractually due.  He fulfilled his end...the results just weren't there. 

Problem is that the terms of his buyout were too generous for too long.  That is on our former AD and probably factored in his termination.
Quote from: checkraiser88 on December 06, 2017, 07:18:29 pm
So he stole money? You want him to just burn money on fire? Well done by him I say, it's Long's fault, you're blaming the wrong person here lol
It is a little ironic he says on his way out he will do everything and anything in his power to help Arkansas...yet his very next move is to take Arkansas $$ wise for everything he possibly can. Doesn't strike me as extremely helping or "nice guy-ish."

It's whatever though...not my $$$. Simply rich guys striking checks for Jeff Longs mistakes, which ultimately they gave the green light for him to do at the time.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

little pigee

Quote from: rude1 on December 06, 2017, 07:20:07 pm
If by class you mean he manipulated an AD who was in love with him to get a contract he neither earned nor deserved, then I agree.
Good guy, done deal.  Leave it and don't be an arse.  Move forward and Go Hogs!
It's not about the money...it's about the amount of money.

AirWarren

Quote from: Next1_04 on December 06, 2017, 07:01:20 pm
https://twitter.com/BretBielema/status/938570574615506944

#WoooPig congrats @coachchadmorris on this opportunity at a very special place for you and your family. Well deserved & earned. #WoooPig

Say what you want. Class 100%

Class guy.

Man, I wish there was some way they U of A could hire him. He would be a great marketer.

bonedoc

Classy move, Coach.  Appreciate your work here with our kids in this program we all care greatly for.

1-0

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: micali on December 06, 2017, 07:55:11 pm
Careful,  you could be close to getting a vacation.  Don't call out the you know whos .
I am already on vacation. Fired myself, however thought I would venture over here and check up on the new FB hire. Total Chit show thus far from some of our hog fans. Depressing really. I am gonna ban myself.
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

bphi11ips

Nice.  Very professional.  CBB left this program in much better shape than he found it in. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Qui Gon Jinn

Quote from: JaketheSnake on December 06, 2017, 07:03:33 pm
Hope CBB gets a job and is successful somewhere. 

This.  He's a class act. 
The expert in anything was once a beginner.

Mr Jade

I do, I really, really do, wish that CBB had been the coach to take Arkansas to a consistent 9+ win seasons. Not that I hate Morris, but... dang. What a fellow to miss out on, but he looks awful, clearly the stress was too much for him.
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 27, 2017, 08:12:12 pmNORVELL, Baby.

*Please refrain from claimin "Pokey guaranteed Norvell!!!"*

Quote from: GuvHog on October 06, 2019, 07:52:47 pm
The game against SJS was an abnormality. Even though the players were cautioned not to, they got caught looking past SJS to A&M. They learned a valuable lesson and I don't see them repeating that mistake.

zumhog

Quote from: Lanlord on December 06, 2017, 07:03:39 pm
He has class.  He has not said a bad word publicly about Arkansas.  His coaching ability is what was the problem.
A compliment but yet you still take a shot at him.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Billy Bats on December 06, 2017, 07:48:31 pm
You wanna see class?  Give me $30m over five years and I'll let you see whatever you want.
If we were paying him $6m a year we got a good deal on CCM

SugarHillGaHog

Quote from: TX HOG on December 06, 2017, 07:10:43 pm
Do they still live in NWA?

I would think so.  One doesn't just disappear in a couple weeks.  He was putting down roots here.  You've got to have a place to go, house to sell and such.  Even the new coach is far from just disappearing in Dallas to arrive here.  He'll live out of a suitcase probably while the wife or SO handles things back home.

BOAR_N2BWILD

Very Classy. I would support him as DC
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

theFlyingHog

Mr Jade

Quote from: zumhog on December 06, 2017, 08:15:05 pm
A compliment but yet you still take a shot at him.

I like CBB personally, but is it a shot at him if its a fact? He went overall 27-29 and his final season was 4-8. Heck, over the last two seasons he went 11-14, over the last three he went 19-19. That's not a great record. Clearly, his meshing/coaching at the UofA wasn't sufficient.
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 27, 2017, 08:12:12 pmNORVELL, Baby.

*Please refrain from claimin "Pokey guaranteed Norvell!!!"*

Quote from: GuvHog on October 06, 2019, 07:52:47 pm
The game against SJS was an abnormality. Even though the players were cautioned not to, they got caught looking past SJS to A&M. They learned a valuable lesson and I don't see them repeating that mistake.

Mellon Collie

Quote from: JaketheSnake on December 06, 2017, 07:03:33 pm
Hope CBB gets a job and is successful somewhere.

11.6 mil. sittin pretty.

Hogtownbrown

Great guy ,loves the program just couldnt get it done. Wish him the best.

HeyHogs

SugarHillGaHog

Quote from: Mellon Collie on December 06, 2017, 08:21:27 pm
11.6 mil. sittin pretty.

If I was paying him 11.6 mil I'd say until you have a job elsewhere you are recruiting, house dad or whatever to these kids.  Put his feel good to parents to work and not just cut it off.

sowmonella

Quote from: WaltonCollege on December 06, 2017, 07:33:43 pm
who is bret bielema?

A much better man than you will ever be. Any other questions?
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

mckinneyhog5

I wonder how many employers wish they had some of their money back from those moaning about BB.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

The Hogfather

#WoooPig congrats @coachchadmorris on this opportunity at a very special place for you and your family. Well deserved & earned. #WoooPig

Love the guy.  Wish he could've figured it out.  However, I think Morris will do very well here and I'm happy to have him.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on December 06, 2017, 08:01:31 pm
I am already on vacation. Fired myself, however thought I would venture over here and check up on the new FB hire. Total Chit show thus far from some of our hog fans. Depressing really. I am gonna ban myself.

Maybe you just need to embrace the positive and stop whining so much?
Go Hogs Go!

ricehog43

U of A Alum 2011.

hoghearted

Quote from: HoggyCat on December 06, 2017, 07:18:43 pm
Most things football related I didn't care for. But outside that he's a great human being.

Ditto.

I didn't think he excelled as a coach, but he is a genuine and caring guy. Good luck to him and his family.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

synthartist69

Quote from: Billy Bats on December 06, 2017, 07:48:31 pm
You wanna see class?  Give me $30m over five years and I'll let you see whatever you want.
AMEN

Flrazrback

That is CLASSY... Bret Bielema didn't have to make a comment at all. I hold a ton of respect for a man of this character, he didn't do the job we needed done, but he is a good guy..

31to6

This is why the people who ripped on B with non-performance-related criticism are a-holes.

The guy didn't win.

But he did just about everything else the right way.

Hoggish1

STLhawg

I think I might feel like tweeting some nice words to the new guy even after getting fired if my former employer was paying me almost $12million (over the next 3 years) to do nothing.  Just sayin...

pumphog

Whew, there are some people on here that have really had their Wheaties wizzed in.

Sooiepride

God, Family, Country, Razorbacks.

ShadowHawg

Class acts don't have alligator mouths attached to a lizard body.

He came here and talked a bunch of crap and never backed any of it up. My favorite was when he pissed off the Texas high school coaches by telling them that his teams will destroy teams that run spread offenses, then let's Kingsbury come in here and take us to the woodshed and call CBB out about his remarks in the post game presser.

His tweet is smart. Didn't burn bridges.

panhandlepig

Quote from: The Chief on December 06, 2017, 07:22:00 pm
CBB was always a good guy.  I really wish it would have worked out, but he just didn't have it.

I wish it had worked out too.  I truly believe CBB came here with good intentions and thought he had a plan.  He didn't.
  I'm just imagining he had had an easy ride at Wisconsin with big time supervision and a framework for success.  He was in over his head from the get go. 

I don't even blame him for it. I'm just glad he is gone..

rzrbackramsfan

And a private message to CM from BB: I left like an entire case of slim Jim's in my old desk, can you send it over?

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: WaltonCollege on December 06, 2017, 07:33:43 pm
who is bret bielema?
A 100% class guy who loved Arkansas and apparently still does.
Godspeed and best wishes to him and his family.

Uncle Remus

He's nowhere near the villain that people portrayed him to be in the end.  We were all frustrated in the end, and the action that was warranted was taken.  That didn't stop me from rooting for the guy.  Him being successful would have meant our team was successful and we would have been happy campers.  That isn't how the story played out, and he's gone.  In the couple of personal interactions I had with him, he was a super gracious individual that seemed like someone most could relate to.  I truly feel like he will get on his feet somewhere and find success.  I wish him nothing but the best and thank him for many good things he did while here and for leaving so many parts of the job for coach Morris in good shape.  I'm proud to see he reached out to Chad to wish him well here.  I truly believe him when he says that Fayetteville will always be a special place to him.  Good luck Coach B...as best your interests don't conflict with ours! 

MaconBacon

Top notch guy and I will pull for him where he lands.

Justagp

Very nice guy - wish the best for him.

a0ashle

Quote from: panhandlepig on December 06, 2017, 10:27:27 pm
  I wish it had worked out too.  I truly believe CBB came here with good intentions and thought he had a plan.  He didn't.
  I'm just imagining he had had an easy ride at Wisconsin with big time supervision and a framework for success.  He was in over his head from the get go. 

I don't even blame him for it. I'm just glad he is gone..

I think it was timing and geography. Right as he got here the landscape of the SEC shifted to spread, even "out" Bama. Additionally we didn't get the road graders, because the country had shifted to the spread. I do wonder if the Midwest had been a late holdout for HS's shifting from pro style to spread, and this meant he had accesss to Pro style talent.

Philip Seaton

Quote from: rude1 on December 06, 2017, 07:13:16 pm
You guys are just blind and it is not my fault. Guy walks away from here with 30 million dollars and produces nothing, and you sit around patting him on the back, talking about how great of a person he is. Funny I didn't see him telling his attorney to take a sensible buyout because he hadn't produced, no he sent his attorney to get every dollar  possible on his way out. I just don't see how great of a guy he is................

It's his fault for the extension and hugh buyout? No it's not. That's on Jeff Long. As far as taking the money? Are you crazy, he had a contract. He has a family. He has been nothing but class all the way. Even after he was fired, he was told he didn't have to do the postgame presser against Missouri, he did it anyway. For what happened on the field, it was his fault, but that far, far from makes him a bad person.

Pork Twain

Love him or hate him as a coach, I like him as a person.  Never even heard him talk darn about Wisky. 
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

TexasRazorback

Sivad

Quote from: trphog on December 06, 2017, 07:17:28 pm
Truly #uncommon
Yes he really is.
Great guy, there's a reason his players love him and so many fans still respect him.
Hope he finds much happiness and success in his future endeavors.

hawaiianhogster

Quote from: Mr Jade on December 06, 2017, 08:13:04 pm
I do, I really, really do, wish that CBB had been the coach to take Arkansas to a consistent 9+ win seasons. Not that I hate Morris, but... dang. What a fellow to miss out on, but he looks awful, clearly the stress was too much for him.
I noticed the stress taking a toll on him too. He was beat up inside. I did wish he could have taken the hogs to the SECT and beyond. He will find his success if he decides to coach again. I'm sure of it.

jvanhorn

Quote from: rude1 on December 06, 2017, 07:16:47 pm
No it wasn't his fault he had his finger in ole Jeff's eye. But does that excuse him for making the cash grab on the way out the door, knowing he hadn't delivered anything on the field?

Evidently you have not noticed what kind of country this has turned into.