Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bret's Message to Morris

Started by Next1_04, December 06, 2017, 07:01:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Next1_04

https://twitter.com/BretBielema/status/938570574615506944

#WoooPig congrats @coachchadmorris on this opportunity at a very special place for you and your family. Well deserved & earned. #WoooPig

Say what you want. Class 100%

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Athog

Porkette

GO HOGS GO!

greenEGnHAWGS

Hate it didn't work out with him but I'm excited to move on!
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

JaketheSnake

Hope CBB gets a job and is successful somewhere. 

Lanlord

He has class.  He has not said a bad word publicly about Arkansas.  His coaching ability is what was the problem.

respirback

Bunch of jerks here. Brett is a good guy

Hogeration

I liked the guy after a couple of years. He was very cocky when he got here but left humbled. Very classy tweet. He did not have to do that.

BorderPatrol

TX HOG

rude1

Quote from: Next1_04 on December 06, 2017, 07:08:37 pm
I know the truth, and that is if you hit the lotto for $11.7 Million, you would be pissed if they paid you in $20 bills instead of $100 bills.
You guys are just blind and it is not my fault. Guy walks away from here with 30 million dollars and produces nothing, and you sit around patting him on the back, talking about how great of a person he is. Funny I didn't see him telling his attorney to take a sensible buyout because he hadn't produced, no he sent his attorney to get every dollar  possible on his way out. I just don't see how great of a guy he is................

checkraiser88

Quote from: rude1 on December 06, 2017, 07:13:16 pm
You guys are just blind and it is not my fault. Guy walks away from here with 30 million dollars and produces nothing, and you sit around patting him on the back, talking about how great of a person he is. Funny I didn't see him telling his attorney to take a sensible buyout because he hadn't produced, no he sent his attorney to get every dollar  possible on his way out. I just don't see how great of a guy he is................

It's not his fault Jeff Long was out of his mind..

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: BorderPatrol on December 06, 2017, 07:09:39 pm
Just one.

bp
Apparently I was one for standing up for BB and his tweet, however my last was deleted. Really! That's why I am no longer a MOD on Hogville. I am too emotionally involved in all things RAZORBACKS!
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Hopefully he gets a job he wants soon. Good guy.

rude1

Quote from: checkraiser88 on December 06, 2017, 07:14:51 pm
It's not his fault Jeff Long was out of his mind..
No it wasn't his fault he had his finger in ole Jeff's eye. But does that excuse him for making the cash grab on the way out the door, knowing he hadn't delivered anything on the field?

Tortfeasor

That's the business of coaching. If he did as you said, would you leave money on the table? He didn't have to reach out to Morris, but chose to. I hope he has great things to say about his time here.

trphog

onebadrubi

He took what was contractually owed to him. Doesn't make him any less of a class act.  Guy is full of class, unlike many on this forum.  Many could learn some very good life lessons from him that would make the world a better place

snoot hoggy hog

You sound like someone who would fart in the tub then turnaround and bite the bubbles.

HogFan1973

checkraiser88

Quote from: rude1 on December 06, 2017, 07:16:47 pm
No it wasn't his fault he had his finger in ole Jeff's eye. But does that excuse him for making the cash grab on the way out the door, knowing he hadn't delivered anything on the field?

So he stole money? You want him to just burn money on fire? Well done by him I say, it's Long's fault, you're blaming the wrong person here lol

HoggyCat

Most things football related I didn't care for. But outside that he's a great human being.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Dark Helmet Hog

Class act and always has been. I'm sorry it didn't work out for him here and I wish him the best moving forward.

BallHog1

Your jealousy betrays you.

Jimbob111

Exactly! He peter-principled. Nice guy? I don't know, never met the man. Good coach? No. So he needs to remain classy because that's all he can hang his hat on right now because his coaching record is atrocious at Arkansas.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

870hogfan

😒🤦🏼‍♂️ this guy. There's always that one guy....

rude1

Quote from: onebadrubi on December 06, 2017, 07:17:32 pm
He took what was contractually owed to him. Doesn't make him any less of a class act.  Guy is full of class, unlike many on this forum.  Many could learn some very good life lessons from him that would make the world a better place
If by class you mean he manipulated an AD who was in love with him to get a contract he neither earned nor deserved, then I agree.

LawyerHog50

Quote from: Next1_04 on December 06, 2017, 07:01:20 pm
https://twitter.com/BretBielema/status/938570574615506944

#WoooPig congrats @coachchadmorris on this opportunity at a very special place for you and your family. Well deserved & earned. #WoooPig

Say what you want. Class 100%

Wasn't a good fit here. Class act though. I hope he lands a good job or ESPN talking head gig. Very charismatic guy.
"The definition of swagger, in my opinion, is you have to have that arrogance, that confidence that you are the best out there at all times." Keyshawn Johnson

Ragnar Hogbrok

CBB was always a good guy.  I really wish it would have worked out, but he just didn't have it.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

casken

"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

MuskogeeHogFan

Move on. Enough of the negative crapola. Bielema is gone. Drop it.
Go Hogs Go!

Next1_04

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on December 06, 2017, 07:23:50 pm

Dilly!

rljjr

He did his job honorably. It just didn't work out. You don't know if it would have worked out next year or not. He didn't get that chance. It's not like he stole money. His agent negotiated the deal. You want to be mad? Call Jeff Long.

Fact is, the guy came here because he wanted -- and thought -- he could win here. He took the job. He came looking for it. His kid is now from Arkansas. He has ties and roots. I'm not going to knock the man for sending a congratulatory tweet. In fact, if Bret and family ever want to come have dinner with me my door is open.

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on December 06, 2017, 07:23:50 pm
HeII, I posted a postive post in reaction to BB's twitter post as a classy person and it got deleted. What is allowed?

THUNDER!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on December 06, 2017, 07:29:18 pm
HeII, I posted a posted post in reaction to BB's twitter post as a classy person and it got deleted. What is allowed?

Be careful what you quote.
Go Hogs Go!

Broken Trigger

Coach B is all class, much better than that guy(I used to be on the bus, but i repent)  at the 2nd place Alabama school, who used us for a raise.  Wish nothing but success for Bret.

JONAS

Quote from: rljjr on December 06, 2017, 07:26:49 pm
He did his job honorably. It just didn't work out. You don't know if it would have worked out next year or not. He didn't get that chance. It's not like he stole money. His agent negotiated the deal. You want to be mad? Call Jeff Long.

Fact is, the guy came here because he wanted -- and thought -- he could win here. He took the job. He came looking for it. His kid is now from Arkansas. He has ties and roots. I'm not going to knock the man for sending a congratulatory tweet. In fact, if Bret and family ever want to come have dinner with me my door is open.

+1

JaketheSnake

He negotiated his buyout.  He could have got the entire amount if he really wanted, which was apparently a few mil more.  And that's how contracts work...

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on December 06, 2017, 07:30:09 pm
Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on December 06, 2017, 07:30:09 pm
Let me meander over to the SIT Room and see what is going on.

THUNDER!

WaltonCollege

latrops

Making the cash grab?  He took what he was contractually due.  He fulfilled his end...the results just weren't there. 

Problem is that the terms of his buyout were too generous for too long.  That is on our former AD and probably factored in his termination.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Why people got to be such asses even after he is gone.  Yeah I dogged on him mercilessly this season.  Yes he's getting a fat buyout, but there's nothing contractually obligating him to show class and dignity yet he freely chooses to do so.  The outgoing coach being so gracious sets a good tone for the players and the incoming coach.  He and Jeff have been nothing but class and I respect both of them for it.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

rtr

100 % class.  Good luck to Coach B in all future endeavors.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

onebadrubi

Quote from: rude1 on December 06, 2017, 07:20:07 pm
If by class you mean he manipulated an AD who was in love with him to get a contract he neither earned nor deserved, then I agree.

Please tell us about this manipulation fabrication?  I'll wait for the proof on that

JOKERHOG

Difficult to have hard feelings toward a school that you stole $31+million from...
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

Cale

Sorry. That's not mutually exclusive. Being a good person has nothing to do with someone handing you a 11.8M check. You can be both, and he is.
Quote from: jst01 on January 06, 2018, 06:00:42 pm<br />Maybe we are a baseball school <br />

jcarney12747

Billy Bats

You wanna see class?  Give me $30m over five years and I'll let you see whatever you want.

a0ashle

Quote from: jcarney12747 on December 06, 2017, 07:46:23 pm
What do you expect him to say?

He didn't have to say anything, grow up and acknowledge that not working out at Arkansas doesn't mean we have to hate him as a human.