Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogville turning on itself....

Started by hassettsportsman, December 05, 2017, 07:55:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hassettsportsman

OK...I'm on board with Chad and it's not because I'm an SMU alum...among other alum credits.  I've been ready for the return of the fast and furious Hogs..on both sides of the ball.  And, I'm glad many here in HV are ready to give the program a chance...again. 

snoblind

Quote from: goodguytex on December 07, 2017, 09:24:06 am
Grober... My reasons for being wary of the hiring of CCM has nothing to do with his name or previous record. And I'll leave it at that.

Meh.  Two of my closest friends raised 2 kids who went to Lake Travis.  They have known him personally since he was coach there.  So I'm guessing that if there WAS anything in his background to be wary of they would be more aware it than some guy in Texarkana.

Athog

Quote from: Wayne Watson on December 05, 2017, 08:05:11 pm
It's very simple.  2/3 of the people here are stupid.  They don't study sports and have no comprehension of a head coaching job or an AD job.  They don't worry about facts...just what they hear on the radio.  They don't do the homework so they spout off stupid opinions they believe to be fact.  SMH

This^

AHiD

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on December 05, 2017, 09:47:33 pm
now that we have a coach that doesn't have a proven record of sending guys to the NFL.

Are you stupid? SMU has a first round draft pick WR, and several Clemson offensive players he recruited are in the NFL, including Deshaun Watson.
My name...is Jerruh

hobhog

Vols just made a strange hire. Maybe trolls will head over there and let us discuss the future.

HeyHogs

I like his enthusiasm!  Hopefully that will be enough.

goodguytex

December 07, 2017, 02:32:45 pm #156 Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 02:44:10 pm by goodguytex
Quote from: snoblind on December 07, 2017, 11:45:28 am
Meh.  Two of my closest friends raised 2 kids who went to Lake Travis.  They have known him personally since he was coach there.  So I'm guessing that if there WAS anything in his background to be wary of they would be more aware it than some guy in Texarkana.
Ok. I'm saying my reservations have NOTHING to do with ANYTHING regarding CCM himself, and EVERYTHING to do with the PTB, that got rid of Long, to get malzahn by any means necessary.

Everything I've heard about CCM, he's a good man that genuinely cares, and he might do an excellent job at Arkansas. I hope so. What I'm hoping, sincerely, is that he's not just being expected to keep the HC seat warm until Malzahn decides to come home to the rescue.

I will never understand why people that are supposed to be dedicated to the University of Arkansas are so enamored, so infatuated with one man, one human being, that they assign him almost god like status, to the point that they undermine the very university they claim to love, to be dedicated to. Malzahn is the enemy of the University of Arkansas'. He is not our friend, our mentor, our hero, or our God. The sooner everyone realizes that, see him for who he really is, and get United behind 1 goal... Making the University of Arkansas the best it can be, without Malzahn being involved, the better off the university will be. I wish everyone could see that. But they won't. Because so many of these people absolutely will throw the Hogs under the bus, the Gus bus, for one man, who's coaching our rival in the SEC West.

And as far as I'm concerned, either get behind the Hogs all the way, or get the you know what out. I'm tired of the bickering and backstabbing.

snoblind

Quote from: goodguytex on December 07, 2017, 02:32:45 pm
Ok. I'm saying my reservations have NOTHING to do with ANYTHING regarding CCM himself, and EVERYTHING to do with the PTB, that got rid of Long, to get malzahn by any means necessary.

Everything I've heard about CCM, he's a good man that genuinely cares, and he might do an excellent job at Arkansas. I hope so. What I'm hoping, sincerely, is that he's not just being expected to keep the HC seat warm until Malzahn decides to come home to the rescue.

I will never understand why people that are supposed to be dedicated to the University of Arkansas are so enamored, so infatuated with one man, one human being, that they assign him almost god like status, to the point that they undermine the very university they claim to love, to be dedicated to. Malzahn is the enemy of the University of Arkansas'. He is not our friend, our mentor, our hero, or our God. The sooner everyone realizes that, see him for who he really is, and get United behind 1 goal... Making the University of Arkansas the best it can be, without Malzahn being involved, the better off the university will be. I wish everyone could see that. But they won't. Because so many of these people absolutely will throw the Hogs under the bus, the Gus bus, for one man, who's coaching our rival in the SEC West.

And as far as I'm concerned, either get behind the Hogs all the way, or get the you know what out. I'm tired of the bickering and backstabbing.

Misunderstood your point, my bad.

I'm glad Long is gone. 

hogginbama

Quote from: goodguytex on December 07, 2017, 02:32:45 pm

Right there with you on this one. I believe Gus showed his true colors when he tucked tail and ran after one season of "not getting to run his offense 100%". Instead of fighting and taking the time to prove his case, he left for a lesser job in Tulsa. After being hired at Auburn, word was that Chizick would get one more year and then be fired. In that last year of Gene, Gus took the A-State job to distance himself from Gene in order to be able to get the Auburn job. It has been said down here in Bama that the money boys told Gus to go to any opening available to get away from Auburn during that last year so they could hire him. Supposedly told him if he stayed that he would be thrown out with the bath water, since the fans wouldn't buy off on keeping the OC of a staff they fired as the HC. So Gus up and ran to protect ole Gus, took the A-State job knowing he would only be there 1-year, and deceived the fans of the Wolves from the very beginning.

I fully understand the dynamics of career progression, but when bailing on players who only came to a school because you promised them you would be there as long as it was in your control, bailing on a HC who you should have some loyalty to and general dishonesty is your calling card......I want no part of you.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

hassettsportsman

Where did all that negativity go.....GOOD!  All those that don't like what they've seen or heard so far...well you're in the SLOW lane!

goodguytex

Quote from: snoblind on December 07, 2017, 03:29:22 pm
Misunderstood your point, my bad.

I'm glad Long is gone.
Sno....Long had his problems. But firing an AD to please a HC from a divisional rival, to jump through hoops and get him to pretty please come to save us?? Malzahn isn't Saban. He didn't deserve that kind of treatment. You know that.