Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dan Enos.

Started by hawgdan, December 06, 2017, 06:30:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgdan

What are the chances he stays on as QB coach?

Hog N Bama

Hogindasticks

Lanlord

moses_007

I don't see anyone on the present staff being retained.  New blood in the entire staff is what is needed here....

jgphillips3

You don't go from HC to OC to QB coach.  So no.

Hogsfan1981

No staff will be retained. He did not meet with any staff as far as what people have been reporting and current staff stating.

PonderinHog

98hogs

Hope we keep Lunney,  Need at least one Arkansas tie but Allen needs to retire

King Kong

Quote from: Hogindasticks on December 06, 2017, 06:32:17 pm
NO NO NO!   Terrible.

Zero. But he isn't terrible he is very good especially when he has an Oline coach

Hogsfan1981

Enos will go somewhere else and do well.

jartiam808

Quote from: moses_007 on December 06, 2017, 06:33:38 pm
I don't see anyone on the present staff being retained.  New blood in the entire staff is what is needed here....
Yep, completely change the culture. Things have gotten stale. I like Enos, but it's time to exercise the demons.

phadedhawg

Knoxville ought to give him a call and interview him. 

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Hogsfan1981 on December 06, 2017, 06:36:23 pm
Enos will go somewhere else and do well.

Let's hope Saban doesn't wake up and bring him to Tuscaloosa...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

ballz2thewall

coach O might hire him and bring him to georgia....
The rest of the frog.

hawgdan

I know Kirby Smart wanted him.  I really thought BA showed a lot of improvement after he got here.

twistitup

why are people so attached to this guy?

he failed at CMU, UA did not go well, and we want to keep him?

No. No. No.

SMU does need an OC / Head Coach - maybe he should apply (South Alabama hasn't hired yet either)
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

farmhawg

Quote from: hawgdan on December 06, 2017, 06:30:24 pm
Hell no, clean all of them out. Every single one.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

The NewEra

Not for the money he's making now, and I think CCM is going with younger guys who grew up with his offensive philosophy. 

lumphog

Look for Saban to come court'n Enos

Hogginintheville

He is good coach but I think BB handcuffed him too much. It's probably time for a fresh start for him.

SooieGeneris

Morris' OC Craddock is his QB coach and he is reported to be coming here in the same job.
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

I truly believe if we had fired Bret after the bowl last season and made Enos HC and OC at that point, we would have won 7 or 8 this past season.  Enos likely can coach.  We never had the opportunity to find out.

Hogeration

Enos was good his first year for the Hogs. This past year was not creative and had questionable play calls. I'm not so sure his addition didn't throw BB off his game and speed up BB's demise.

RebHog

Quote from: Hogeration on December 06, 2017, 07:12:53 pm
Enos was good his first year for the Hogs. This past year was not creative and had questionable play calls. I'm not so sure his addition didn't throw BB off his game and speed up BB's demise.

South Carolina fired OC today.....

jackflash

south Carolina is where I think he would be a good fit

oldman1015

Arkansas, the left lane state.

HF#1

Looks like it will be a house cleaning.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Hogman2

bonedoc

smartest part of this thread = retain Barry Lunney.  Has great relationships w Arkansas HS coaches

rljjr

Quote from: phadedhawg on December 06, 2017, 06:38:55 pm

Dan Enos would be a nice hire for Tenner. Say what you want, but the guy can coach. He and CBB just fumbled at the mesh point. It would at least be an improvement from Butch -- and he's a really nice guy.

ZERO

As long as Herb and Anderson are gone, I don't particularly care. I think all the other coaches have some talent. These two were just sucking resources.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

HawgTide

Not good. Morris is bringing his OC and QB coach

nightrider388

Quote from: bonedoc on December 06, 2017, 07:55:39 pm
smartest part of this thread = retain Barry Lunney.  Has great relationships w Arkansas HS coaches

We missed on every top recruit out of Arkansas  since Bielema was hired. Where is this dynamic recruiting?

PorkRinds

Quote from: nightrider388 on December 06, 2017, 08:41:41 pm
We missed on every top recruit out of Arkansas  since Bielema was hired. Where is this dynamic recruiting?

You're completely full of darn.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Saw where they offered their HC job to Alabama DC Jeremy Pruitt. 
Could very well be a good landing place for Enos...
If at first you don't succeed,
then skydiving is not for you...

mj4president

Eric Taylor has been hired from TMU.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

rusvegashog

Quote from: moses_007 on December 06, 2017, 06:33:38 pm
If Lunney wants to stay I imagine he would be retained. That's my opinion based off nothing but my opinion.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Quote from: mj4president on December 06, 2017, 08:53:06 pm
Eric Taylor has been hired from TMU.
Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose...
If at first you don't succeed,
then skydiving is not for you...

Lanlord

nightrider388

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 06, 2017, 08:48:51 pm
You're completely full of darn.

Lol pork. It's hard to respond with anger  to such a polite response.

hogsgolfpro

Pruitt maybe hire Enos at TN?

Justagp

Quote from: King Kong on December 06, 2017, 06:34:57 pm
Zero. But he isn't terrible he is very good especially when he has an Oline coach
True

TheEnemy

If nothing else, they could move Lunney into an admin spot.

Like they did Bobby Allen.  He would be a good fit for Director of High School and NFL relations.

Mjs84

Too many bad memories.  Maybe someone less visible has a chance to hang around.  Definitely not Enos...

Oklahawg

Thinking the whole bunch is being purged.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Flrazrback

Dan Enos is a good coach, he is a personable guy but he is NOT what we need or want. He will find another gig soon enough. Really think he has a ton of great plays drawn up that BB never let him run.

Phil D

I honestly wouldn't be shocked if he was their next offensive coordinator.
GO HOGS!!!!!!

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 06, 2017, 10:22:36 pm
Thinking the whole bunch is being purged.

Certainly seems that way.
This is my non-signature signature.