Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Here is the plain truth...

Started by ambien_sky, December 06, 2017, 06:20:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TNRazorbacker

Quote from: azhog10 on December 06, 2017, 06:22:36 pm
A very expensive I don't know.

Thats always the case. Such is the state of big time college football.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hawgXi on December 06, 2017, 07:58:24 pm
Check clemson's 2018 verbals for LB jake venables

I'm not suggesting that Venables would come here, quite the opposite in fact if you read the entire post. But as far as "Verbals" go, they don't mean squat. It makes everyone feel better about what is lined up but have we ever seen kids make Verbals and then change at the last moment or in the weeks leading up to signing day? Of course we have. But again, I'm not suggesting that Venables would come here. As I said previously, it would be a step down given where both programs are at this point in time. Could he be lured by friendship and money? Maybe, but I doubt it.
Go Hogs Go!

hobhog

Quote from: Hogsfan1981 on December 06, 2017, 06:29:48 pm
Reality is he will be here about three years.

Win and he mostly likely moves on. For sure if Jimbo does not work out at A&M and home comes calling.

Lose and he will be up for extension and the buyout will be small enough for us to move on.

Jumbo signed 10 year deal. He's not going anywhere anytime soon. FOS.

Either way we are not risking that much I suppose. Just time.

johnny cash

Quote from: David† on December 06, 2017, 08:05:55 pm
You've never said anything in haste that you didn't mean or didn't change your mind About?
woukd 3.5 change yours?

dmaxfan

What really scares me is we're already seeing asshattery, but they will go crazy when his first year isn't great. Theu will forget Petrinos first year here and Sabans fkrst year at alabama. We do live in a microwave society.
No, you don't have any sources and no one believes you.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: dmaxfan on December 06, 2017, 10:03:28 pm
What really scares me is we're already seeing asshattery, but they will go crazy when his first year isn't great. Theu will forget Petrinos first year here and Sabans fkrst year at alabama. We do live in a microwave society.

The parts may be in place to be effective on offense pretty quickly. We all need to remember that most of the offensive players were in systems that were more like the Morris offense than not, when they came to Arkansas. It might be a quicker transition on offense than we expect.

Defense on the other hand is going to be the more important piece while we do transition offensively and regardless of what we witnessed this fall, we do have some talented kids on defense. Many of them are young, which means that their best should still be in front of them. They are going to have to have someone who insists that they execute and what is more, someone who can develop a more aggressive scheme and recruit.

I doubt Venables is coming, but could we persuade Jim Leavitt to not follow his HC to Florida State? Chavis is rumored to not be retained by Jimbo Fisher at A&M so he may be available.
Go Hogs Go!

Dominicanhog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on December 07, 2017, 05:55:22 am
The parts may be in place to be effective on offense pretty quickly. We all need to remember that most of the offensive players were in systems that were more like the Morris offense than not, when they came to Arkansas. It might be a quicker transition on offense than we expect.

Defense on the other hand is going to be the more important piece while we do transition offensively and regardless of what we witnessed this fall, we do have some talented kids on defense. Many of them are young, which means that their best should still be in front of them. They are going to have to have someone who insists that they execute and what is more, someone who can develop a more aggressive scheme and recruit.

I doubt Venables is coming, but could we persuade Jim Leavitt to not follow his HC to Florida State? Chavis is rumored to not be retained by Jimbo Fisher at A&M so he may be available.

Did you see FOTH's post about CCM stated he had the best DC in the country coming..

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Dominicanhog on December 07, 2017, 06:20:08 am
Did you see FOTH's post about CCM stated he had the best DC in the country coming..

I saw that and it sounds encouraging. But who is the best DC in the country according to Morris?
Go Hogs Go!

Biggus Piggus

We have a hot young coach who can really recruit Texas, which Arkansas absolutely must do. I am fine.
[CENSORED]!

Dominicanhog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on December 07, 2017, 07:17:25 am
I saw that and it sounds encouraging. But who is the best DC in the country according to Morris?

IDK, how about a few guesses..