Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chad Morris Interview

Started by Donny2665, December 06, 2017, 04:41:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Donny2665

This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

Ray_Finkle

Donny2665

Quote from: Ray_Finkle on December 06, 2017, 04:48:17 pm
No sound when I play it.  Tried on computer and phone.
Its working on my end.

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

311Hog

ballz2thewall

what i like

in HS his team was lagging from excellence while still being very good. but he wasn't satisfied so set out to do something about it. that was when he reached out to and observed malzahn.

the antithesis of lazy.

identify the problem and seek out solutions.
The rest of the frog.

committedtothetusk

cjack

But what about time of possession?   How does he feel about that?  I heard that was the key to winning football games
Woooo Pig Soooie!

Donny2665

Quote from: ballz2thewall on December 06, 2017, 04:51:56 pm
what i like

in HS his team was lagging from excellence while still being very good. but he wasn't satisfied so set out to do something about it. that was when he reached out to and observed malzahn.

the antithesis of lazy.

Just listening to this interview has me excited!

cityhog

Quote from: cjack on December 06, 2017, 04:52:39 pm
But what about time of possession?   How does he feel about that?  I heard that was the key to winning football games

If you don't have a defense, it helps.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

interesting in the video:
States that SMU was one of only two teams this year to produce a 3,000 yard passer, TWO 1,000 yard receivers, and a 1,000 yard rusher...I'm all about that!
If at first you don't succeed,
then skydiving is not for you...

Bad_Intentions

WPS!!

HoggusMaximus

I think this guy just might do big things here. give him time to get it on place and let's see what happens

Hog N Bama

Quote from: ballz2thewall on December 06, 2017, 04:51:56 pm
what i like

the antithesis of lazy.

Shows he admits he isn't a know it all and open to new ideas unlike CBB on both fronts

RazorNick

I like him. He seems hungry and ready to get to work

Pecos Hog

"We're gonna be one of the most explosive offenses in college football..."   

I like it.   

Nouston Hutt

Damn good interview.....I gotta say it. He officially grew on me lol. Let's do this Chad Morris!

DEVICEHIGH

He referred to Texas as "this state" and Arkansas as "that state" several times. How long do you think it will take him to figure out how much "that state" dislikes "this state"?
Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

hoginator

Offensively sold! Now go get a DC that can coach the players to stop the other team...
Someone who doesn't stand for something will fall for anything...

qbrew

Quote from: DEVICEHIGH on December 06, 2017, 05:00:29 pm
He referred to Texas as "this state" and Arkansas as "that state" several times. How long do you think it will take him to figure out how much "that state" dislikes "this state"?

Not long after he landed I'm sure.

HawgWild

Quote from: Dr. Sheldon Cooper on December 06, 2017, 04:55:34 pm
interesting in the video:
States that SMU was one of only two teams this year to produce a 3,000 yard passer, TWO 1,000 yard receivers, and a 1,000 yard rusher...I'm all about that!

Well, you pair that with a decent defense and you'll win some games.

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

trippigs

Dont see too many interviews on a plane.....making good use of his time! I sense he is a seasoned/mature guy with a big motor. Lets get behind and welcome him.

Porkette

Good interview, thanks!

I like the comparison of our program to where Clemson was a few years ago, something discussed on here just today.
GO HOGS GO!

Science Fiction Greg

His vocal cadence and inflections sound, I'm not kidding, JUST LIKE Houston Nutt.  Not comparing him to HDN at all, other than the speech, but his speech, aurally, is freaking identical to Houston Nutt.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

jrhardy88

Very impressed,like the guy and what he wants Arkansas to be.
Standing on the shoulders of giants.

Dr. Starcs

So glad we got somebody so close to saint Gus.

Smh

greenie

Good interview...and a bumpy plane ride.

Hogtrillian

hmm, maybe because he was actually, physically in Texas? on his way to Arkansas?

Just a thought.

Tortfeasor

Oh boy, quick snaps and hurry up. I hope our players don't get hurt.

greenie

Quote from: Possible Oatmeal on December 06, 2017, 05:07:56 pm
His vocal cadence and inflections sound, I'm not kidding, JUST LIKE Houston Nutt.  Not comparing him to HDN at all, other than the speech, but his speech, aurally, is freaking identical to Houston Nutt.

I noticed that, too.  That Houston Nutt is a clever dude....I wonder.....

checkraiser88

We went with complete opposite of BB ball..I like it

NuttinItUp

DOGALUM

I'm all in.

Excited to watch and support you Coach Morris!

Welcome!
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

redeye

He's certainly a better dresser than Bielema.  It looks like he's dressed for success!

moses_007

He's a much better talker and much more personable than folks here initially thought.

Bring us back to our glory days, Chad!

jbigs77

I wish him the best. Hope he wins. I'm a hog fan and have been along time. Not excited about this. 5 years from now we can try again. Love/peace out.

redeye

Quote from: Possible Oatmeal on December 06, 2017, 05:07:56 pm

He was FAR too calm to sound like Nutt.  Morris seemed in control.

farmhawg

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 06, 2017, 05:14:19 pm
So glad we got somebody so close to saint Gus.

Smh
You musta been dropped on your head as a child.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

hotdog hog

Quote from: moses_007 on December 06, 2017, 05:22:23 pm
He's a much better talker and much more personable than folks here initially thought.

Bring us back to our glory days, Chad!
WPS!

livevanguy

Seems well rounded as a coach- high-intensity football, set players up for life after football, if he doesn't know the answer go and find one and don't just settle for what you are doing. All sounds like a positive hire to me...Heck, I might just give this guy a shot. WPS!
Call'n the hogs from the Pacific Northwest

checkraiser88

hawgrunner

Got me pumped to see our future.

WPS!!

JOKERHOG

Quote from: cjack on December 06, 2017, 04:52:39 pm

Yeah, we have heard that all the way back to Hatfield and it has never worked.  Biggest misconception in football...
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

Hogsfan1981

He held out for Texas A&M to fire Sumlin or he would have already left SMU. But they didn't come calling. The guy is a Aggie so you can't blame him.

If he does great here and Jimbo doesn't work out I can see him ending up there.

Tortfeasor

Quote from: Hogsfan1981 on December 06, 2017, 06:11:37 pm
He held out for Texas A&M to fire Sumlin but they didn't come calling. The guy is a Aggie so you can't blame him.

If he does great here and Jimbo doesn't work out I can see him ending up there.

Or...he can be TAM's Gus.

Corkscrew Johnson

Quote from: JOKERHOG on December 06, 2017, 06:07:46 pm
Yeah, we have heard that all the way back to Hatfield and it has never worked.  Biggest misconception in football...

Actually it's not.  If you are truly grinding out first downs it is demoralizing and wears the other team out.  Unfortunately the CBB method of just sitting on the play clock for 34 seconds and then running a play doesn't really accomplish either of those. It just wastes time.

MajorLance

I'm sold. If he can recruit Texas well, his years might turn out as good as the Petrino years.
People are strange when you're a stranger...

007 License To Squeal

Great interview.....He said exactly what I wanted to hear......
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Kneph13

Good Interview.  I'm warming up to him.  Welcome to Arkansas Razorback football Coach Morris.   Woo Pig Sooie!  Root Hog.
There is no Political Correctness in war

jartiam808

WPS!! I'm liking where we're heading