Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach Traylor in Fayetteville

Started by Trm123, December 07, 2017, 11:28:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Trm123

According to this tweet Coach Traylor was in Fayetteville for Coach Morris press conference today. Traylor was the RB/AHC for SMU under Morris and is currently the Interim HC.

https://twitter.com/NWAChip/status/938800140525228032

HOGS82

Would be a good pick up based on recruiting ability alone.
Quote from: mindemon on November 24, 2023, 06:58:31 pmThe 'Fire Sam Pittman' crowd are going to be eating their words next year. Trust me.

younghog

GO HOGS

AirWarren

Quote from: Trm123 on December 07, 2017, 11:28:33 am
According to this tweet Coach Traylor was in Fayetteville for Coach Morris press conference today. Traylor was the RB/AHC for SMU under Morris and is currently the Interim HC.

Ok.

jgphillips3

I wouldn't be shocked if all offensive assistants came.  I'll be shocked if any or more than one defensive assistant came.

swineology

Quote from: Trm123 on December 07, 2017, 11:28:33 am

Also a candidate to replace Chad at SMU

Trm123

Quote from: AP85 on December 07, 2017, 11:32:34 am
Ok.

I thought its was noteworthy because of how highly he is regarded and the fact we are in the process of putting together a football staff.

swineology

Quote from: jgphillips3 on December 07, 2017, 11:32:46 am
I wouldn't be shocked if all offensive assistants came.  I'll be shocked if any or more than one defensive assistant came.

I think he'll bring Van Malone on the defensive side but only as a position coach

Iwastherein1969

no one on that staff from SMU gets any kind of notable raise...they haven't proven themselves at this level...and if they don't want to come from SMU to Fayetteville, we can definitely find better elsewhere and then we break out the check book
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

blueridger

King Kong

He is the one we need. His job is to recruit

thebignasty

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on December 07, 2017, 11:36:38 am
no one on that staff from SMU gets any kind of notable raise...they haven't proven themselves at this level...and if they don't want to come from SMU to Fayetteville, we can definitely find better elsewhere and then we break out the check book

They will all get some kind of raise to a competitive sec rate for their position.
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

thebignasty

I'll add, Bielema was all about mercenary hiring. I'm okay with a guy developing some coaches in his tree and seeing how that goes for us. 

As long as they can 'croot.
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

redeye

I doubt Traylor would be in Fayetteville, if he didn't have interest in joining Morris here.  Just think if our HC left and then our interim HC was seen with him at his new destination.  That seems unusual and probably won't play well with SMU fans.

TrueBlue

Before he joined SMU,.... in HS, 12 district titles in 15 years? Not bad.

rhog1

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on December 07, 2017, 11:36:38 am
They will and should get raises. They are also taking a step up in difficulty joining the SEC. I guess in your opinion we should continue to have one of the lowest paid staffs in the SEC. Which also sends the message to other assistants that Arkansas won't pay.

ricepig

Tim Harris

Quote from: swineology on December 07, 2017, 11:34:23 am
I think he'll bring Van Malone on the defensive side but only as a position coach

From the defensive side I think it will be Archie McDaniel.  He played for Chad in HS and is now with him at SMU.

On the offensive side the only one I could see him replacing is the TE coach.

hogginbama

Quote from: TrueBlue on December 07, 2017, 12:12:49 pm
Before he joined SMU,.... in HS, 12 district titles in 15 years? Not bad.

Wow, now instead of measuring our coaches against the same level of competition, we measure their high school records. Yep, I'm impressed that he was good at a level where 1 or 2 standout players can make a team better than any in their district.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

Wildhog

I was hoping he'd bring Traylor.  That'd be a good get.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

PorkRinds

Quote from: Wildhog on December 07, 2017, 12:34:34 pm
I was hoping he'd bring Traylor.  That'd be a good get.

Yep. Recruiters are what we need. I know you know this. Lol.

AirWarren

Quote from: hogginbama on December 07, 2017, 12:33:51 pm
Wow, now instead of measuring our coaches against the same level of competition, we measure their high school records. Yep, I'm impressed that he was good at a level where 1 or 2 standout players can make a team better than any in their district.

Some Texas high school teams would have given us a run for our money this year....haha

Wildhog

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 07, 2017, 12:35:13 pm

Traylor's also a very good ST coach.  We REALLY need that.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

TrueBlue

That's quite alright. We measure people on Hogville with their dumbass comments and not adding anything to the subject matter.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Wildhog on December 07, 2017, 12:35:58 pm
Traylor's also a very good ST coach.  We REALLY need that.

Yep. Maybe he will be our recruiting coordinator and ST coach. We will have an extra spot soon iirc.

USChog

Yeah, Pawl, but can he 'croot Tezass!

TrueBlue

AND the point being recruiting and connections. How many on the previous staff were connected with the state of TX?

Lady Razorback

Quote from: ricepig on December 07, 2017, 12:29:46 pm
Jimmy Sexton was there, lol..

Ha! We're his favorite customer, since we've made him so much money.   ???

TX HOG

I'm from east Texas. He was dominate at Gilmer. He's an amazing recruiter. We need him

Redhogs

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 07, 2017, 12:35:13 pm
I think he knows that..70% of his PC addressed recruiting...he gets it.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

NoogaHog

You guys also realize that in 2018, staffs will be able to add a 10th assistant coaching position. So CCM may add a ST coach position or another offensive position. I believe that starts January 9.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

EastexHawg

December 07, 2017, 12:56:18 pm #31 Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 03:00:12 pm by EastexHawg

The head coach from my old high school won 38 games in three seasons with a Texas 5A state championship, a state semi-final, and a state quarterfinal in his last three years.  He was hired away by North Texas and two college head coaching jobs later was fired for a second time with a career record of something like 17-46.

High school coaching records mean very little at the college level, especially in the SEC.  That coach had an all state running back, a pretty good QB, and dominated with them at a program that hadn't won a district title in 22 years.

farmhawg

Quote from: Redhogs on December 07, 2017, 12:44:45 pm
I think he knows that..70% of his PC addressed recruiting...he gets it.
What? You feeling ok?
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!