Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 Schedule

Started by Donny2665, December 06, 2017, 03:51:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Donny2665

Here are my thoughts! At least we will be bowling!
This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

WPS501

Colorado State game is spooky. 

Donny2665

Quote from: WPS501 on December 06, 2017, 03:52:51 pm
Could be, I thought about putting it at 50/50 but thought I should stay positive.

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

checkraiser88

Wow 5 straight home games(4 sec) in the middle of the season

DLUXHOG

I think we'll beat:  A&M, Auburn, Mississippi State, and Mizzou.    The games we do lose, will be close.............  He will have a remarkable first year........
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Craig O Squeal

Quote from: checkraiser88 on December 06, 2017, 03:53:56 pm
Wow 5 straight home games(4 sec) in the middle of the season
OM is a "home" game but we all know that the team has to treat it like a road game. The prep is different...but they will have the crowd advantage of a "home" game.

WarEagleSharkFalconHawg

It's the most favorable schedule we've had in a while.

_Hamlet_

I will have what you're smoking.

Donny2665

Quote from: Lord Voldepork on December 06, 2017, 03:54:42 pm
Why again are we playing at Colorado State? 

Myshitcan pulled out of its deal with us.

factchecker

Quote from: WPS501 on December 06, 2017, 03:52:51 pm

The location makes it tough (elevation).

However, they lose a ton off the depth chart.

The Rams lose their starting QB, leading rusher, leading receiver, their left tackle, left guard, and center.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Donny2665

Quote from: DLUXHOG on December 06, 2017, 03:54:33 pm
I think we'll beat:  A&M, Auburn, Mississippi State, and Mizzou.    The games we do lose, will be close.............  He will have a remarkable first year........
Auburn isn't rebuilding, they are reloading(reason Gus stayed). Will be hard to say that we can win on the road in a hostile atmosphere.

GoHogzzGo

I think Colorado State and Ole Miss are 50/50 as well due to first year in new scheme.

I would also move LSU to butt kickin loss, but who knows with Coach O he is an idiot.

That being said it is sure one super favorable schedule for a first year coach.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

Lanlord

Quote from: DLUXHOG on December 06, 2017, 03:54:33 pm

Did you accidentally type Auburn?

HawgHoops

Man wouldn't it be something if we got to a bowl next year?

Vandy is very winnable then to beat Ole Miss or TAMU. Doable.

ur

The annual battle for 5th in the west begins.

MTBrookHog

Sept. 29 is the key to me. If our new coach is as great as y'all say he is, then aTm should be a win.

Potosihog

7-5 or 8-4 is a reasonable expectation with this schedule.

When the schedule was released my fear was BB was going to get one more year, win 7 or 8 games next year and we would be stuck for at least 3 more.

We will probably have some growing pains with new scheme but I still believe we win 7 games at a minimum

phadedhawg

CSU on the road scares me.  This team will need an idea of who they are if they hope to go on the road and win that early in the year. 

Hoginsavga

I think we win the Red-White game with ease. After that we will need some patience even though we win the next game. After watching some replays of the SMU/TCU game it's going to be a learning curve for many of the players to adapt to the offense scheme. Coach Morris uses multiple shifts with his backs before the ball is snapped and I can see numerous penalties and misalignments until they learn his system. This could be one of the reasons for his slow progression at SMU. However, I don't see CCM as a coach worried about winning the time of possession so that is a positive.

I predict we will win a minimum of six games in 2018 and look much stronger at the end of the season than at the beginning. We will most likely lose to Bama, Auburn, and LSU. Toss-ups are A&M, MissState and Mizzo. The rest are all winnable but there could be bumps along the way.

LuckyGiraffe

Until we know who the DC is, and until we know how this recruiting class turns out, this is where my expectations are:

E. Ill - Win
CSU - Loss
N TX - Win
Auburn - Loss
Alabama - Loss
A&M - Loss
Ole Miss - Win
Tulsa - Win
Vandy - Win
LSU - Loss
Miss St - Loss
Mizzou - Loss

5-7

I hate to see him start 2-6 in the conference. Hopefully by the end of the year they can pull out one of the last two as a win.

Sed76

Need to finally beat A&M. The whole getting a big lead only to give up a big comeback and lose in overtime is beyond old.

root_hawg

So the signature win will be Vandy .... I am fired up!

apcapri

Snouty

Quote from: Sed76 on December 06, 2017, 05:50:53 pm
Need to finally beat A&M. The whole getting a big lead only to give up a big comeback and lose in overtime is beyond old.

Good luck with Jimbo Fisher coaching Texas A&M.

regi

Quote from: factchecker on December 06, 2017, 04:00:33 pm
The location makes it tough (elevation).

The Rams lose their starting QB, leading rusher, leading receiver, their left tackle, left guard, and center.

And maybe their Coach,  who is desperate to get back to the South

ARfan#1

Quote from: MTBrookHog on December 06, 2017, 04:16:39 pm
Sept. 29 is the key to me. If our new coach is as great as y'all say he is, then aTm should be a win.
Really? Beating Jimbo Fisher's new team the 1st time around?

Would love to see it, but even my highest of expectations for Morris' first SEC game aren't that high.

RockyMtnHog

Quote from: Lord Voldepork on December 06, 2017, 03:54:42 pm
Why again are we playing at Colorado State? 

Michigan replacement.  Home and Home series.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

ChicoHog

Quote from: phadedhawg on December 06, 2017, 04:19:11 pm
CSU on the road scares me.  This team will need an idea of who they are if they hope to go on the road and win that early in the year. 
Agree.  Need to win all 4 OOC games to go bowling since that means we only need 2 conf wins (pretty sad state of college football!) and we can get those hopefully vs Vandy and maybe Mississippi or Mizzou or A&M. 

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: MTBrookHog on December 06, 2017, 04:16:39 pm

That is going to be a test for both schools...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

RockyMtnHog

A lot of our players have played in a spread offense in high school.  They will just be learning a new scheme.

We will see how it goes.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

CountryHam

Thank goodness the by week is towards the end.

Donny2665

Quote from: Snouty on December 06, 2017, 06:11:50 pm
Good luck with Jimbo Fisher coaching Texas A&M.
Jumbo could end up being a failure there. Chad has a recruiting advantage as does Herman at Tejas.

welchog

7-9 wins and possibly better.

Our improvement in discipline alone from a more detail-oriented coach will at least out-score that many opponents.

Throw in a better than average DC and the skies the limit.

Hog_Fink

this schedule is really favorable. on the road at CSU should be telling.
that Auburn, A&M, Bama stretch is brutal, but Miss st. Ole Miss LSU Mizzou
none of those scare me, especially on the back end. We could easily win 8+ games but who knows, we could also be pitiful & drop CSU, & Tulsa. lol

Hog_Fink

isn't Wittke at Eastern Illinois

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Hog_Fink

watch us make a splash because of this schedule & refreshed offense.
then parlay into a good recruiting class & Morris likes to play underclassmen. Should see a lot of growth also. I'm excited

baseballhog

Even at 6-6 this is exactly the type schedule we need going into a completely different era. Losing Michigan may not be a bad thing the first year, especially early and what a great time to draw Vandy.

rtr

I don't think the learning curve is as steep with the spread as it is with say pro-style. 
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

Warrior Way 22

I don't see the learning curve to be as steep as a lot are predicting. I'm not saying they won't have some issues here and there. Just saying that most high schools run some variation of the hurry up spread already. I know his system is unique but there are some similarities to what these kids ran in high school. It'll be  hardest for the linemen but the skill players should pick it up quickly.
"Warriors should suffer their pain silently."

moto625

KevinOMReb

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on December 06, 2017, 04:08:38 pm
I think Colorado State and Ole Miss are 50/50 as well due to first year in new scheme.

I would also move LSU to butt kickin loss, but who knows with Coach O he is an idiot.

That being said it is sure one super favorable schedule for a first year coach.

So glad our game in is LR again.  We play better there and sell out our allotment in LR vs Fayetteville. Plus its 12 minutes from my doorstep.
Hotty Toddy,
KevinOMReb

MORAZOR

[quoteThe location makes it tough (elevation).

The Rams lose their starting QB, leading rusher, leading receiver, their left tackle, left guard, and center.[/quote]
And their OC is rumored front runner for Tenner OC

bkjbearcat

Quote from: Sed76 on December 06, 2017, 05:50:53 pm

Need to finally beat Missouri. Next season they will be without their OC, who helped make Lock a star. And because of that Lock might be gone too. If he is that team struggles to win 4 games.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

Lot of things must be considered here.  I suspect Spring Practice may wash a few out and fall practice may get some more.  The days of playing yourself into shape might be over.  I believe we hit the ground ready next season.  We got to find a QB who can run the system and I doubt we got him on the squad right now.  We may see T J hammonds in the QB position a lot running the Wildhog if he can chunk just a little. 

Who runs the defense will make a huge difference.  Putting fire in a few bellies and refusing to be denied will go a long way toward not getting the crap kicked out of us most games.  I think we will win at least 6 games this coming season.  I believe we will see an effort on every play and changes throughout the game depending on what the game dictates.  I expect us to actually have a better special teams and better second team.  Practice is likely to come in handy this coming year as you are likely to actually learn from practice.

AHorseWithNoName

What are the odds of us winning the Red-White game?
"A man on a horse is spiritually, as well as physically, bigger than a man on foot." — John Steinbeck

DeltaBoy

I going to say that next Fall  Morris delivers the Nightmare at Jordon Hare as the Hogs upset Auburn . 
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

rhames

Next year will be a lot like Petrino's first year IMO.

If we get to a bowl that will be great. I have no doubt by year 3 we will be back to where Petrino had us. If it's sooner that is cool with me too.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

ElDawgHawg

Guys that schedule has 8 wins written all over it if the team buys in.  I could see a minimum of 6 and a max of 10 if things really come together. 
I've said 8 already so I'll stick with it..... but it kinda has a HDN year one feel to it.... could be really fun.  Difference is there isn't as much talent on defense as HDN had.  Offense could be dynamic.

Time will tell. 
#WPS

Tejano Jawg

Donny, pretty good starting point. We should get used to the idea of a 6 (maybe 7) win season, and if it happens, be thrilled with it. I would say that even if we weren't changing coaching staffs. Man, it's so early to tell. Do we have the skill guys to win 6?

Also, I'm not happy about playing Auburn so early.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork