Oliver

shshark00

Quote from: King Kong on December 06, 2017, 03:26:29 pm
Todd Graham makes the most sense.

I would like to see Bob Shoop or Chavis type if possible

This

Dominicanhog

hog of steele

BB. We would be the only program in town paying our DC 4+ million a year and it wouldn't cost us a thing!

He was recenly HC at an SEC program. As DC at Wisky he held Offense to 12 and 24 points a game. That would be plenty with a high powered offense.

hawgfan4life

GREAT!  Here we go again.  I will predict that whoever it is, a large number of fans will complain.

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

Dwight_K_Shrute

Need to move on Leavitt now that Taggart is going to FSU.  He was the main reason for Colorado's success and they have back slid since he left.

Grinch would be my #2 realistic option.  Kid knows about D when your offensive side of the ball is tempo.  I bet he would jump at the chance to move to the SEC and make some coin.  Main lesson is since we are saving money on Morris hire, invest in the assistants.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

3dawghawg

I hope it is a DC who plays attacking defense

MojoHog

Marion Hobby.

Current DL coach for Jacksonville.
Co-DC/DL Coach at Clemson 2011-2016.
Go Hogs!
Go Pack Go!

Hoot72

Todd Grantham, or someone that plays that style of defense!

yournamehere

Buddy Ryan (even a dead Buddy Ryan would be better than last year)

BOAR_N2BWILD

Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

Soooie21

Atlhogfan1

I've seen Chavis mentioned a lot.  I've never been too sold on him as he had 2 great DC jobs at the time he was in them.  At the Vols peak with Fulmer's recruiting and a pro style, power running offense and LSU.  Not as impressive looking at A&M with the spread and the softness the spread caused in that program in spite of having some great athletes. 

I'm hoping for someone who values speed, aggressiveness and a history of defenses who cause turnovers and preferably many years of experience in the SEC or at least P5 or NFL.  May be hard to attract given this is a tough DC job to say the least and now with the added spread hurry up offense. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

azhog10

Give me a Todd Bowles or someone like him.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Dropkick on December 06, 2017, 03:24:30 pm
Leavitt?
Grinch?

I would be a huge Leavitt guy!! Are there some history with Leavitt and Morris?

AlmaHog2011

beachhawg

Chavis
Leavitt

Kevin Steele would be a funny hire that would speak a little to TBE

RazorPiggie

RazorPiggie

Grantham already took the DC job at Florida.

311Hog

Quote from: MojoHog on December 06, 2017, 03:36:49 pm
Marion Hobby.

i like this choice

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: 3dawghawg on December 06, 2017, 03:35:51 pm
I hope it is a DC who plays attacking defense

Please let us be aggressive on defense. Multiple but always attacking re routing the receives not allowing free running WRs. Also easier to recruit great HS defensive players when they know they will be allowed to get up the field and attack.

onebadrubi

I would think FSU made sure leavitt is on the plane with taggart.  Isn't leavitta Florida guy?

Beaverfever

hoggusamoungus

pignparadise

My choice for DC is the Grinch that stole Christmas. Alex Grinch at Washington State. His defense was 6th in nation in turnovers and 15th in Total defense. He was a position coach at Missouri. He was an d3 all american safety at Mount Union on 3 national championship teams and went 54-1 in his 4 playing years
"The race is long.. and in the end it's only with yourself.....", Baz Luhrman "Sunscreen"

RazorPiggie

Hopeful Hog

Quote from: Dropkick on December 06, 2017, 03:24:30 pm
Leavitt?
Grinch?

I love the Leavitt idea but we need a recruiting ace just as much as a defensive mastermind.

Hoot72

I knew that Grantham went to Florida -- that is why I said, or someone that runs that style of defense (aggressive, attacking, gambling; that causes chaos to the offense).

Hopeful Hog

Quote from: MojoHog on December 06, 2017, 03:36:49 pm
Marion Hobby.

I would be pumped about this but I don't know if he would. I mean that's really moving backwards.

MTBrookHog

Quote from: BOAR_N2BWILD on December 06, 2017, 03:45:39 pm
I would support BB as DC.
No. I think his laid back attitude is the reason we didn't play aggressively.

thebignasty

I am sick of the bend don't break, avoid big play philosophy Bielema tried.

Let's go risky. Blitz, stunt, attack.  We need to force negative plays and turnovers.
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

MojoHog

Quote from: Hopeful Hog on December 06, 2017, 04:08:36 pm
I would be pumped about this but I don't know if he would. I mean that's really moving backwards.

My worry too. Would be a person I'd have at the top of my shortlist.
Go Hogs!
Go Pack Go!

Grumpypenguin

Quote from: Soooie21 on December 06, 2017, 03:46:31 pm
Venables will be the DC..

0 chance that happens. I will tell the admins to delete my account and never post here again if that actually happens.

Granny fan

springhill17

311Hog

Quote from: Grumpypenguin on December 06, 2017, 04:21:43 pm
0 chance that happens. I will tell the admins to delete my account and never post here again if that actually happens.

would be a terrible loss to the penguin community

Hoginsavga

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on December 06, 2017, 03:50:15 pm
Please let us be aggressive on defense. Multiple but always attacking re routing the receives not allowing free running WRs. Also easier to recruit great HS defensive players when they know they will be allowed to get up the field and attack.

This ^^^. There are some penalties I don't mind seeing, especially in the first half and pass interference is one of them. I want the cornerbacks on the receivers like a June bug on shatt. Let the receivers and QB know there is no space for the passing game early in the game. You will get beat on some plays but they will not nickel and dime you all game.

Tusks

genghis khan  agressive and recruits like no other.

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

onebadrubi

Quote from: springhill17 on December 06, 2017, 04:24:48 pm
Charlie Strong
Randy Shannon

Randy just took the D.C. Job at ucf.  Not sure why I'm even bothering to respond though since you think strong would come here to be a DC

depressed_fan

HawgTide

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on December 06, 2017, 03:34:45 pm
Need to move on Leavitt now that Taggart is going to FSU.  He was the main reason for Colorado's success and they have back slid since he left.

Grinch would be my #2 realistic option.  Kid knows about D when your offensive side of the ball is tempo.  I bet he would jump at the chance to move to the SEC and make some coin.  Main lesson is since we are saving money on Morris hire, invest in the assistants.

Leavitt is following Taggart to FSU. Let's get the Grinch. Tis the season

springhill17

I said they would be my choice! Didn't say either one would come! Maybe you need to read the title of thread!!

Hogtimes

Quote from: springhill17 on December 06, 2017, 04:24:48 pm
Charlie Strong
Randy Shannon

I believe Shannon was just hired as the DC at  UCF.   Did Strong  get fired as Head coach at USF?

titsonboar

Sivad

Quote from: titsonboar on December 06, 2017, 04:46:37 pm
Saban
Ha. As realistic as the pathetic attempt by our sports "media" to salve the pain of the Morris hire by "reporting" Venables might be CM's new DC.