Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A Little Advice for those of us Excited about CM

Started by WilsonHog, December 06, 2017, 02:30:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: DEVIL DOG HOG on December 06, 2017, 04:04:12 pm
I don't know why, but sometimes the signature line doesn't appear.

I thought I noticed if you post more than once in a thread the second and subsequent posts don't have sig lines.  Did I  imagine that?
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on December 06, 2017, 06:15:52 pm
I thought I noticed if you post more than once in a thread the second and subsequent posts don't have sig lines.  Did I imagine that?

Nope
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

HoggyCat

Quote from: jgphillips3 on December 06, 2017, 02:38:20 pm
I knew Petrino would win.  I knew Bielema would fail.  Morris...I have no clue.  There are signs that point in all different directions.  Since we have no other choice now, it's foolish not to go with the positive signs and hope for the best.  I do now this, the Morris era will live and die based on how well or how poorly he fills out his staff.  He needs a stud DC, even if not Venables, and at least a couple of absolute, take no prisoner head hunters for recruiting. 

Based upon what I see talent wise on this hill, I think this offensive line will look very, very different in the spread...far more competent.  I think we were asking spread linemen to be pro-style linemen and it was the round peg/square hole dilemma.  I base this in part on FOTH's various comments.  Both Hammonds and Chase will be very, very dangerous with larger splits and more running room.  Receivers were inconsistent, but Jones, Nance and the rest will be better next year.  We'll have to see whether or how he adjusts to the QB's on campus, but there is talent there to work with and Conner looks great.  On defense...well...let's pray a new coach and new scheme at least gets us to average.  There are several talented pieces but we need to recruit raw speed for the next two years to get to better than average.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Plus Cornelius is likely returning.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

snoblind

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on December 06, 2017, 06:15:52 pm
I thought I noticed if you post more than once in a thread the second and subsequent posts don't have sig lines.  Did I  imagine that?

Correct.  He's complaining about how the software works, thinking someone is stealing his signature.

Knot2brite

Quote from: JOKERHOG on December 06, 2017, 06:12:04 pm
This is modern football now.  How can it not excite you more than the BB hire?  BB was trying to row upstream and was destined to fail...
Modern football has a way of changing very quickly. When I first started coaching high school football most teams ran the I formation or a variation of the wing T...then the spread came into fashion and I saw every team trying to run it and that has lasted for a while. In the last two years, I have watched predominate spread teams reverting back to a wing T/I / Flexbone formation throughout the state because it was easier to find the athletes and it was harder to prepare for defensively. All new offenses wear out over a while and the old offenses come back in when defenses have learned how to stop the new ones. The wave of the future today is old school tomorrow. Arkansas competes best when they have the ability to control the clock offensively and plays really good defense. If CBB had been able to have a top 20 defense here at Arkansas he would not have been replaced. Offense was not the problem with CBB. We have had NO defense in the last 15 years.
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on December 06, 2017, 02:30:03 pm
The reaction from Razorback fans is beginning to match the positive reaction from professionals in the industry. Understanding that many people find reading more than a page of text burdensome, those who do care enough to read and comprehend come away with a much deeper understanding than "14-22." Context matters.

Now, will there still be Razorback fans unhappy? Of course, there will be. Here is my advice. Ignore those people. They have nothing worth saying that you need to concern yourself with. Now, they are going to come up with cute names. They'll call themselves "darksiders," and you a "sunshine pumper." Pay them no mind. It's all they have. Let them stew in there own misery, proclaiming how they are "done" with Razorback football. Like I (or you) should give a damn what they are "done" with.

You'll know them when you see them. They'll be in this very thread shortly, spouting all manner of nonsense. Laugh at them, shake your head, and go on about your business of welcoming our new coach and being excited about the days ahead.
Sheep and lemmings behave as you describe. They do no real, or any, research. They have no facts to base their opinion on other than things like, "he was at SMU and they went 7-5 this year." Deep stuff. It's sad and funny at same time.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: Mike Irwin on December 06, 2017, 03:48:49 pm
Arkansas has been looking for the answer since 1992. Two coaches, Houston Nutt (43-39) and Bobby Petrino (17-15) managed barely to stay above water in SEC play. The Hogs overall conference record in 26 seasons is 91-115-2.

This guy may be the answer but he's walking to the biggest challenge he's ever dealt with. Don't tell me how hard it is to win at SMU. SMU is not in the SEC West.

I hope he's the answer. God knows Hog fans have waited long enough.

Be careful Mike. Come in here with logic like that and youll be tied to the proverbial whipping post.

In case you didn't know, one winning season in 3 years at SMU = National Championship contender.

You aren't allowed to question otherwise or you aren't a true fan. Remember, your opinion only counts if it fits the narrative.

hogfanny

Quote from: d3maybe on December 06, 2017, 02:43:58 pm
Its different... not wanting the hire and protesting against it and voicing concern and all that is fine, but once the hire is made why not support the program? At this point there is absolutely nothing that can be done about it...and you don't have to like it even, but continuing to post negative crap only HURTS the program. Whether you believe it or not, recruits, and parents of recruits read this crap... A FAN of the Hogs would never do anything to purposefully hurt the program.
I wondered what was killin our fanny. If that is true lets do away with this thang!

Granny fan

Quote from: bphi11ips on December 06, 2017, 02:48:58 pm
Rename Trash the "Pit of Misery" and give the knuckleheads a tour.

Great post!  Made me LOL!  😂😂😂

hogcards

I approve of the hire, but if he fails (God forbid), and we're stuck in the 6-7 win area again, I don't want to hear the same regurgitated nonsense about "2 more years, 3 more years, 4..." or "allowing him to get his players in place".

We've been told for the past two years that there's already a solid foundation here, so there's no reason for him not to be able to hit the ground running.  Especially with our schedule next year.

I'm optimistic... to a point.
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

BallHog1

Quote from: Hogsfan1981 on December 06, 2017, 02:39:17 pm
Case in point Wilson just removed my signature again after Lanny put it back twice.

This place is out of control with mods shaping the narrative.
You sure its Wilson doing it...could be Skandar...