Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A Little Advice for those of us Excited about CM

Started by WilsonHog, December 06, 2017, 02:30:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WilsonHog

December 06, 2017, 02:30:03 pm Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 02:44:41 pm by Arkansas Traveler
The reaction from Razorback fans is beginning to match the positive reaction from professionals in the industry. Understanding that many people find reading more than a page of text burdensome, those who do care enough to read and comprehend come away with a much deeper understanding than "14-22." Context matters.

Now, will there still be Razorback fans unhappy? Of course, there will be. Here is my advice. Ignore those people. They have nothing worth saying that you need to concern yourself with. Now, they are going to come up with cute names. They'll call themselves "darksiders," and you a "sunshine pumper." Pay them no mind. It's all they have. Let them stew in there own misery, proclaiming how they are "done" with Razorback football. Like I (or you) should give a damn what they are "done" with.

You'll know them when you see them. They'll be in this very thread shortly, spouting all manner of nonsense. Laugh at them, shake your head, and go on about your business of welcoming our new coach and being excited about the days ahead.

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Hogsfan1981

If it is you stop taking my signature.

Had to bother Lanny twice now to get it back.

Opinions are allowed.

Dannyluvssonic

Yes because anybody who questions this hire is not worthy to post here.

TXArcher

I'm actually liking the hire, ready for the presser, ready to see what happens recruiting, staff, and spring ball. Frik the haters.

TNarch

Yep, the Gus Bus is sucking fumes, but still they ride on....

OtterHog

OtterHog

Quote from: Dannyluvssonic on December 06, 2017, 02:32:28 pm

You're free to post wherever you want.

Just stop pretending to be a fan of the football program.

Dannyluvssonic

Quote from: OtterHog™ on December 06, 2017, 02:35:03 pm

So if you question anything, you are not a fan?  Got it.  Thanks.

Hogsfan1981

Why can't I be a fan and not like the hire? And no we are not free to post whatever we want.

You are on the "right side" of things with your opinion. Try to post something negative and then watch.

jgphillips3

I knew Petrino would win.  I knew Bielema would fail.  Morris...I have no clue.  There are signs that point in all different directions.  Since we have no other choice now, it's foolish not to go with the positive signs and hope for the best.  I do now this, the Morris era will live and die based on how well or how poorly he fills out his staff.  He needs a stud DC, even if not Venables, and at least a couple of absolute, take no prisoner head hunters for recruiting. 

Based upon what I see talent wise on this hill, I think this offensive line will look very, very different in the spread...far more competent.  I think we were asking spread linemen to be pro-style linemen and it was the round peg/square hole dilemma.  I base this in part on FOTH's various comments.  Both Hammonds and Chase will be very, very dangerous with larger splits and more running room.  Receivers were inconsistent, but Jones, Nance and the rest will be better next year.  We'll have to see whether or how he adjusts to the QB's on campus, but there is talent there to work with and Conner looks great.  On defense...well...let's pray a new coach and new scheme at least gets us to average.  There are several talented pieces but we need to recruit raw speed for the next two years to get to better than average.

Dannyluvssonic

Quote from: Hogsfan1981 on December 06, 2017, 02:37:11 pm
Why can't I be a fan and not like the hire? And no we are not free to post whatever we want.

You are on the "right side" of things with your opinion. Try to post something negative and then watch.

Bingo Hogsfan1981. 👍

OtterHog

Quote from: Dannyluvssonic on December 06, 2017, 02:36:47 pm

I've posted plenty of negative things on here and been attacked just like everyone else.

It's the overly dramatic "swearing off of the program" that is insane.

You may not personally be guilty of that, but you'd think we just hired Hitler with the way people are writing off their "beloved" Hogs.

If you're a fan, you'll support the team no matter what.

RME

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on December 06, 2017, 02:30:03 pm
The reaction from Razorback fans is beginning to match the positive reaction from professionals in the industry. Understanding that many people find reading more than a page of text burdensome, those who do care enough to read and comprehend come away with a much deeper understanding than "14-22." Context matters.

Now, will there still be Razorback fans unhappy? Of course, there will be. Here is my advice. Ignore those people. They have nothing worth saying that you need to concern yourself with. Now, they are going to come up with cute names. They'll call themselves "darksiders," and you a "sunshine pumper." Pay them more mind. It's all they have. Let them stew in there own misery, proclaiming how they are "done" with Razorback football. Like I (or you) should give a damn what they are "done" with.

You'll know them when you see them. They'll be in this very thread shortly, spouting all manner of nonsense. Laugh at them, shake your head, and go on about your business of welcoming our new coach and being excited about the days ahead.

I'd rather pay them no mind, than mo' mind  ;)

navyhog24

Classic Hogville...don't post if you question the PTB on decisions that are made.

Hogsfan1981

Case in point Wilson just removed my signature again after Lanny put it back twice.

This place is out of control with mods shaping the narrative.

emdavenp

Quote from: Dannyluvssonic on December 06, 2017, 02:36:47 pm

It's clear that you aren't questioning anything - you are just taking every opportunity to take a crap all over the decision that's been made.

Why isn't Hammonds playing more? Why did Ty Storey come in for one play? Why is the team misusing Agim? These are all acceptable ways to "question" the decisions being made.

Atlhogfan1

I'm choosing to be optimistic about the hire.  I've got concerns but will choose to hope at this point the selling points will come true.  But I'm not going to go on some EI-like condescending rant on those who are choosing to show more concern. Already seeing people pushed to sides and childish posts made like in the thread where the QB who is a Hog legacy has said he would consider us. 

The trolls are easily spotted.  Deal with them. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

ballz2thewall

what about our gonads?

can we show them our gonads?
The rest of the frog.

Ware

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on December 06, 2017, 02:30:03 pm

Now, will there still be Razorback fans unhappy? Of course, there will be. Here is my advice. Ignore those people. They have nothing worth saying that you need to concern yourself with. Now, they are going to come up with cute names. They'll call themselves "darksiders," and you a "sunshine pumper." Pay them more mind. It's all they have. Let them stew in there own misery, proclaiming how they are "done" with Razorback football. Like I (or you) should give a damn what they are "done" with.

Solid advice.

OtterHog

Quote from: ModestoHOG63 on December 06, 2017, 02:41:41 pm
More of a "wait and see" mode for me, STAFF, Recruiting and then of course the actual play calling next year.

Nothing wrong with that. "Wait and see" is a mature response, rather than the rampant "s*&# on everything like a pigeon" emotional response all over this site today.

Dannyluvssonic

I have never said I am "swearing off" the program.  I do not like the hire.  I think the University of Arkansas can do better than a guy with a losing record at SMU.  I hope he proves me wrong.  Questioning hires and decisions up there should not get your fan card revoked.  That thinking is what keeps the powers that be comfortable and satisfied with mediocrity.

d3maybe

Its different... not wanting the hire and protesting against it and voicing concern and all that is fine, but once the hire is made why not support the program? At this point there is absolutely nothing that can be done about it...and you don't have to like it even, but continuing to post negative crap only HURTS the program. Whether you believe it or not, recruits, and parents of recruits read this crap... A FAN of the Hogs would never do anything to purposefully hurt the program.

Soooie21

Quote from: TNarch on December 06, 2017, 02:32:51 pm
Yep, the Gus Bus is sucking fumes, but still they ride on....
They could always become Auburn fans, not a total loss for them...

RazorNick

Looking forward to the future. I have never been a pessimist

IronHog

Quote from: jgphillips3 on December 06, 2017, 02:38:20 pm
I knew Petrino would win.  I knew Bielema would fail.  Morris...I have no clue.  There are signs that point in all different directions.  Since we have no other choice now, it's foolish not to go with the positive signs and hope for the best.  I do now this, the Morris era will live and die based on how well or how poorly he fills out his staff.  He needs a stud DC, even if not Venables, and at least a couple of absolute, take no prisoner head hunters for recruiting. 

Based upon what I see talent wise on this hill, I think this offensive line will look very, very different in the spread...far more competent.  I think we were asking spread linemen to be pro-style linemen and it was the round peg/square hole dilemma.  I base this in part on FOTH's various comments.  Both Hammonds and Chase will be very, very dangerous with larger splits and more running room.  Receivers were inconsistent, but Jones, Nance and the rest will be better next year.  We'll have to see whether or how he adjusts to the QB's on campus, but there is talent there to work with and Conner looks great.  On defense...well...let's pray a new coach and new scheme at least gets us to average.  There are several talented pieces but we need to recruit raw speed for the next two years to get to better than average.

Not a bad take

I'm the same way on the last two coaches vs CCM.

He's a good coach but can an Aggie fit at UA?
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

WilsonHog

Quote from: Hogsfan1981 on December 06, 2017, 02:39:17 pm
Case in point Wilson just removed my signature again after Lanny put it back twice.

This place is out of control with mods shaping the narrative.

Actually, I did not. If you are going to accuse me of something, have the decency to be correct.

AirWarren

I'm just fascinated.

Bitching for years about coach B.

Now. We have that high octane offense with Texas recruiting ties and people are still bitching????

OkieBack

There is a difference between being a hater and being a pragmatist.  I'll support Coach Morris and I will let his results on the field ease my concerns over deficiencies in the program.  But if everyone jumped on here and gave the same reflections of eternal sunshine without questioning a few things wouldn't this be a boring place?

Just be tactful in your post is all I say...

farmhawg

And maybe they could go back to using their normal log in. That would be nice.....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hogsfan1981

Quote from: d3maybe on December 06, 2017, 02:43:58 pm
Its different... not wanting the hire and protesting against it and voicing concern and all that is fine, but once the hire is made why not support the program? At this point there is absolutely nothing that can be done about it...and you don't have to like it even, but continuing to post negative crap only HURTS the program. Whether you believe it or not, recruits, and parents of recruits read this crap... A FAN of the Hogs would never do anything to purposefully hurt the program.

That is your opinion. The difference is you get to have yours. As long as it lines up with how the mods are thinking.

bphi11ips

Rename Trash the "Pit of Misery" and give the knuckleheads a tour.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

HamGrowsOnTrees

I'm a fan but not a UA group thought hogville lemming. Great thread.

OkieBack

Quote from: AP85 on December 06, 2017, 02:46:03 pm
I'm just fascinated.

Bitching for years about coach B.

Now. We have that high octane offense with Texas recruiting ties and people are still bitching????

Agree 70%.  We have some of our complaints/deficiencies answered in the hiring of Morris, however we still have a great deal of concern with the DC position.  This will all be ironed out in the coming days once CCM starts naming his assistants.  But no doubt, more bitching is sure to come from a few.

Hogsfan1981

Quote from: farmhawg on December 06, 2017, 02:47:08 pm
And maybe they could go back to using their normal log in. That would be nice.....

I only have one account. I don't break the rules.

But you get on a mod's radar and they will follow you around. Funny thing is it just makes you more entrenched.

trippigs

I like the hire. Welcome Coach Morris......lets run a clean program and win a lot of games!

moses_007

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on December 06, 2017, 02:45:47 pm
Actually, I did not. If you are going to accuse me of something, have the decency to be correct.
IMHO, all signature lines should be removed, and not allowed again.  Some posters have signature lines as long as 2-3 posts, which is ridiculous.

d3maybe

Quote from: Hogsfan1981 on December 06, 2017, 02:48:53 pm
That is your opinion. The difference is you get to have yours. As long as it lines up with how the mods are thinking.

I 100% agree with you, its my opinion... but you didn't answer my question. Everyone had negativity and positivity(I'm not sure that's a word) towards their favorite candidate but once the hire is made, why not support the kids and program? Even if you didn't agree with the hire?

This is at least what causes folks to question peoples seriousness in being a fan. That's all I'm sayin.

I don't question your right to be skeptical, just why be negative?

Hogsfan1981

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on December 06, 2017, 02:45:47 pm

Then I apologize to you personally but man it is freaking frustrating when I can't vent for more than two days before people are running rough shot over my account and I have to go whinning to Lanny because I can't trust the freaking moderators.

I was pissed but I am SLOWLY coming around to dialing it back but this just drives me crazy.

Forget the signature. I told Lanny not to put it back. But my God can we get some mods that just moderator the site and not opinions.

I have not broken the rules.

RME

Quote from: Hogsfan1981 on December 06, 2017, 02:56:00 pm
Then I apologize to you personally but man it is freaking frustrating when I can't vent for more than two days before people are running rough shot over my account and I have to go whinning to Lanny because I can't trust the freaking moderators.

I was pissed but I am SLOWLY coming around to dialing it back but this just drives me crazy.

Forget the signature. I told Lanny not to put it back. But my God can we get some mods that just moderator the site and not opinions.

Dude...if you're referring to your signature that says "Chad Morris "Who wants to coach at Arkansas anyway," it's still there...

southeasthog

Quote from: Hogsfan1981 on December 06, 2017, 02:56:00 pm

Complaining about moderation is breaking the rules. Just saying.

Hogsfan1981

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on December 06, 2017, 03:02:57 pm
Dude...if you're referring to your signature that says "Chad Morris "Who wants to coach at Arkansas anyway," it's still there...

It has been removed 4 times now and has been put back 4 times. I just deleted it. It was never about the stupid signature. I was going to remove it today anyway. I am mad about the hire but I was already telling myself to dial it back. It is not worth it and I don't want to keep fighting a losing battle. He is our coach. I hope he wins. I think the hire was bad. I'll admit it if he proves me wrong.

But the personal attacks from people and the mods trying to delete crap just pisses people off even more.

WilsonHog

Here is something I don't get.

We all claim to be Razorback fans.

As of today, Chad Morris is the face of Razorback football for the foreseeable future. Not me, not you, not our players. CM. Nothing you say or do will change that. Nothing.

So what is it you hope to accomplish by tearing at what you claim to love?

Is the ability to type words on a message board worth that much to you?

I don't get it.

HF#1

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on December 06, 2017, 03:10:42 pm
Here is something I don't get.

We all claim to be Razorback fans.

As of today, Chad Morris is the face of Razorback football for the foreseeable future. Nothing you say or do will change that. Nothing.

So what is it you hope to accomplish by tearing at what you claim to love?

I don't get it.

I don't get it either. If it's so bad, there is a program in Jonesboro that is begging for support.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Hogsfan1981

Quote from: southeasthog on December 06, 2017, 03:09:00 pm
Complaining about moderation is breaking the rules. Just saying.

Well, when Lanny puts my signature back and a mod is removing it without telling me what I did wrong or without notifying me in anyway that puts me in a weird spot.

I can't say someone is breaking the rules without breaking the rules myself.

Qadi999

The hogs defense gave up 36 points a game. Morris had the 8 best scoring offense, scoring 40 pts a game.  even if the defense does not improve and Morris only has a top 19 offense we would win a lot of games by 1 or 2 points.

Hogsfan1981

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on December 06, 2017, 03:10:42 pm

I don't get it.

It is worth it to me. I want to have an opinion. Same reason people call into the radio stations. Do you just want a forum where everyone agrees with you?

You say our opinion hurts the program. I doubt that.

I say the hire hurt the program. You doubt that.

The forum will settle down as guys like me calm down.

But this is one of the more unpopular hires in recent history imo. (not counting John L Smith of course)

I think he will have a very short leash but I hope to God he wins and everyone roasts me for years.

I will cheer for this coach regardless.

Ray_Finkle

Quote from: Dannyluvssonic on December 06, 2017, 02:32:28 pm

you are starting to understand

steveaustin69

Quote from: navyhog24 on December 06, 2017, 02:39:01 pm
Classic Hogville...don't post if you question the PTB on decisions that are made.

It's fine to have questions/concerns about a hire. The majority of negative posters refuse to see any positives and are incessant in their (normally baseless) rants.

At the end of the day, none of us know how it's gonna play out. 

Like OP said, better to let them stew in their own misery.