Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dustin Fry as new OL coach

Started by ADavisTheGOAT, December 06, 2017, 02:22:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

k.c.hawg

Quote from: pigmania on December 06, 2017, 03:50:48 pm
Welcome to Arkansas football, where the fans are frequently required to grab their ankles to get screwed over by the PTB and GOBN. Our football program is literally the biggest joke in all of the college football.

It didn't have anything to do with Arkansas football. Those were just a bunch of guys on furlow from prison wanting some action and they told you it had something to do with Arkansas football to get you interested. Probably something like "you be the center and we'll be the QB."
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

farmhawg

Quote from: bighogonthewall on December 06, 2017, 07:33:12 pm
I'm speechless. What a joke we've turned into  :puke:
Which team are you with?
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Roadhog82

It will help immensely to bring the wr coach and o line coach with him. They already know his system and can teach it to our players without having to learn it themselves. I think it's a good thing to have everybody on the same page

blueridger

New poster here.  You will be happy.   You will see an off-season strength and conditioning program that makes last year's team unrecognizable.  You will see players that will give 110% for their coaches.  The Morris culture is real.  I'm happy to be a new Razorback fan!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

31to6

Quote from: Dr. Sheldon Cooper on December 06, 2017, 05:11:44 pm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b06CI2jmSmw

Focuses on technique, something we have most definitely been lacking around here...
(kinda looks like Kurt Anderson though  ;))
OL coach gets a much more lenient BMI budget.

SamBuckhart

Quote from: DeltaBoy on December 06, 2017, 09:51:31 pm

Kin to Doug and Wendy Whiner.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

The Boar War

Quote from: blueridger on December 06, 2017, 09:02:45 pm
New poster here.  You will be happy.   You will see an off-season strength and conditioning program that makes last year's team unrecognizable.  You will see players that will give 110% for their coaches.  The Morris culture is real.  I'm happy to be a new Razorback fan!

Are you an SMU fan?

Großer Kriegschwein

I think the offensive staff will be fine.

The defensive staff is another story. That needs to be changed out from SMU.
This is my non-signature signature.

Pork Twain

Quote from: PLHawg on December 06, 2017, 02:30:25 pm
People griping about his offensive staff.  They were one of only two teams in the country to have a 3,000 yd passer, TWO 1,000 yd receivers, and a 1,000 yd rusher.  Get over yourselves already.
Hogville ain't got time for research and facts.  Just feeling sorry for themselves and repeating what they have heard.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Pork Twain

Quote from: bighogonthewall on December 06, 2017, 07:33:12 pm
I'm speechless. What a joke we've turned into  :puke:
Well shucks, if you are tired of being a Tenner or Auburn fan, come on over to the Hog side of the moon
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

PorkSoda

Quote from: PLHawg on December 06, 2017, 02:30:25 pm
People griping about his offensive staff.  They were one of only two teams in the country to have a 3,000 yd passer, TWO 1,000 yd receivers, and a 1,000 yd rusher.  Get over yourselves already.
just means they didnt spread the ball around. 

Never underestimate my ability to see the crappy lining

Seriously though.  I dont care what brand of offense he runs as long as its executed with speed.  Im so tired of slow developing plays.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

SooieGeneris

This is just a guess, maybe a wild one at that, but if CM hires a name DC, that guy would likely want the rest of the staff on that side of the ball to be familiar with him.

The DC may want to bring his guys in with him or at least have input. Gus has been CMs mentor. It took Gus awhile to get a good defense at Auburn.

They went thru Ellis Johnson, Muschamp and maybe another one before finding Steele. I don't think Gus had any connection to any of them before hiring them and they had at least some input into the other coaches on defense.

That may be the route CM takes if Venables stays at Clemson as everyone thinks he will. Just get a guy who won't throw a fit over having an uptempo offense like some of the dinosaur old coaches.

Hopefully someone who has been in the SEC and who can bring some ace recruiters.
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

PorkSoda

I know people dont like retreads but id feel a whole lot better if he got a dc familiar with the sec
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: PorkSoda on December 06, 2017, 02:43:39 pm
and you guys are happy transplanting an entire AAC staff to the SEC and hoping for the best.

you going to happy when he brings his 121 ranked defense here too?

Im not. He should at least improve to 128th.

Hell we outta be the best at something  ;)

hogninja

Quote from: PorkSoda on December 06, 2017, 02:35:30 pm
that's just dumb.  one would think he has the ability to go out and hire some good coaches, that an SEC program should be able to attracted better assistants than he was able to at SMU. 

him hiring a clemson GA looks like he is not as connected as many here claim.
[/quote
Quote from: PorkSoda on December 06, 2017, 02:35:30 pm
that's just dumb.  one would think he has the ability to go out and hire some good coaches, that an SEC program should be able to attracted better assistants than he was able to at SMU. 

him hiring a clemson GA looks like he is not as connected as many here claim.
Unless he thinks that the GA is ready to move to a position coach in his system. We need to let this process develop, instead of tearing it apart before it is assembled.

Sow Lancelot

"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

Hugo Bezdek

It's funny to me that some of you were ready to hand the whole program over to a 36 yo but are freaking out over a 34 yo position coach who played in the NFL. Morris has ten positions to fill.  He's named three, all of whom were instrumental in the No. 8 offense in the country this year. Three guys that he has personally trained from their start. And they weren't GAs last year. They've been position coaches for three years at SMU.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Hugo Bezdek on December 07, 2017, 05:24:32 am
It's funny to me that some of you were ready to hand the whole program over to a 36 yo but are freaking out over a 34 yo position coach who played in the NFL. Morris has ten positions to fill.  He's named three, all of whom were instrumental in the No. 8 offense in the country this year. Three guys that he has personally trained from their start. And they weren't GAs last year. They've been position coaches for three years at SMU.

I got the answer.

Why don't we keep Anderson around for another couple years? He's got more experience.

Lol.

Didn't think so.
This is my non-signature signature.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: HF#1 on December 06, 2017, 02:27:06 pm
Y'all some overreacting females. Let it play out, it's not going to be an SMU transplant situation.

Don't try to make sense.  The environment isn't up to that right now.

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: Hugo Bezdek on December 07, 2017, 05:24:32 am

There are people on this thread who would complain about how poorly we were coached if we won the national championship.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

hoglady

This guy is a system coach - and his system is unique.
It doesn't matter if it's the AAC or the SEC it's the same system.
It's not surprising that he wants to bring the coaches he has personally trained to run his offense.
If you listen to him talk - the coaching staff works together as one unit, they know each other, they know what to do.
Our players will have a lot to learn in a short period of time.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

USChog

He has to bring some of his staff with him. There needs to be some continuity otherwise not only is he building all new relationships with players, admin, boosters, but also trying to figure out an entire new staff. I imagine he wants to bring some of his O guys with him so he can hit the ground running and find a bunch of good defensive hires.

Who the DC will be is what I am curious about.