Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dustin Fry as new OL coach

Started by ADavisTheGOAT, December 06, 2017, 02:22:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorNick

Stepp is a WR Coach of the year finalist

Calvin Swine

Against TCU the SMU O-line helped produce 4.1 yards per rush and protected well enough to allow the QB to throw 339 yards.  Not bad considering the talent discrepancy and playing against a salty TCU defense. 

PorkRinds

Quote from: Mr. Barnett (rbarnet424) on December 06, 2017, 02:40:45 pm
Nikki Chavanelle‏
@NikkiChavanelle
Follow Follow @NikkiChavanelle
More
Just received word that wide receivers Coach Justin Stepp will also leave @SMU_Football to join Chad Morris at Arkansas.

Ugh. Was hoping we'd keep Smith. Downgrade in recruiting. Maybe smith can coach RB?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: gawntrail on December 06, 2017, 02:31:00 pm
You want somebody familiar with teaching the technique(s) specific to his system.  That way only the kids are learning... not coaches and kids.

If you're going to use logic then some on here will be downright suicidal.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Hog N Bama

Quote from: PLHawg on December 06, 2017, 02:30:25 pm
People griping about his offensive staff.  They were one of only two teams in the country to have a 3,000 yd passer, TWO 1,000 yd receivers, and a 1,000 yd rusher.  Get over yourselves already.
OK I'm in!,

PorkRinds

AHorseWithNoName

I wonder if All Mighty Gus would have brought his OL coach with hiim?
"A man on a horse is spiritually, as well as physically, bigger than a man on foot." — John Steinbeck

3dawghawg

Bringing his offensive staff makes sense so some on here need to calm down. He will get a completely different defensive staff. Because he hasn't hired anyone on defense means he is probably waiting to see who his DC wants. No I was not for hiring him. I wanted MN but I will get behind CCM and fully support him.

hogblitz

I do not see a problem with Morris bringing in his OC.  He is probably merely a figure head in that role anyway.  I am sure Morris runs the offense.  I am okay with him bringing in his RB and WR coaches.  However, that was very dangerous with the OL coach.  You MUST have a great OL coach in this league.  It is arguably the most important position hire on the team.

Wildhog

Quote from: hogblitz on December 06, 2017, 03:34:02 pm
I do not see a problem with Morris bringing in his OC.  He is probably merely a figure head in that role anyway.  I am sure Morris runs the offense.  I am okay with him bringing in his RB and WR coaches.  However, that was very dangerous with the OL coach.  You MUST have a great OL coach in this league.  It is arguably the most important position hire on the team.

It's the same thing we said about Kurt Anderson when he was hired.  Short memories around here.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

JONAS

Quote from: ifghog on December 06, 2017, 02:27:43 pm
Bringing most of offensive staff. I am all on Board for that

Yes just a new defensive staff.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Wildhog on December 06, 2017, 02:48:03 pm
They're going to have to hire a recruiter at some point.

We've had one at different times, I want to see a staff with 2-3 recruiting studs.  The kind that beat smith and Pittman. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 06, 2017, 03:05:15 pm
Instant upgrade over Anderson.

Not having one was an upgrade over Anderson  tbh

hogblitz

Quote from: JONAS on December 06, 2017, 03:36:49 pm
Yes just a new defensive staff.
Every coach on the defensive side of the ball for SMU should have been fired after this season.  There is going to be a total meltdown if he brings in ANY of those coaches.  There will be a lot of turd polishing by the media.

pigmania

Welcome to Arkansas football, where the fans are frequently required to grab their ankles to get screwed over by the PTB and GOBN. Our football program is literally the biggest joke in all of the college football.

HF#1

Quote from: pigmania on December 06, 2017, 03:50:48 pm
Welcome to Arkansas football, where the fans are frequently required to grab their ankles to get screwed over by the PTB and GOBN. Our football program is literally the biggest joke in all of the college football.

That's funny, I can't tell. I've been listening to ESPNU radio all day and have heard nothing but great things about our HC choice.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

go hogues

Putin, is that you?
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

OtterHog

I'm sorry Gus used us to get a raise and never intended on coming here. You'll get over it eventually.

onebadrubi

Google Tennessee ad, cuddie, fulmer. 

Definition: f'ed, screwed, etc.
Used in a sentence: fulmer is a jealous idiot with an ego who backstabbed and underhandedly screwed a sitting AD's coaching search to make himself look better.

Synonyms: dumpster fire

The real Hogules

Quote from: Hugo Bezdek on December 06, 2017, 02:42:08 pm
I guess some of you are only going to be happy if hire a bunch of 60 year-old former head-coaches.

Well, it doesn't look as if we have to worry about that happening.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

ricepig

Quote from: PorkSoda on December 06, 2017, 02:43:39 pm
and you guys are happy transplanting an entire AAC staff to the SEC and hoping for the best.

you going to happy when he brings his 121 ranked defense here too?

Did you think Norvell was bringing in Bama's staff?

Cambridge Hog

tough to complain about any of the offensive staff.

i'm sure we are all waiting with baited hog breath for the DC announcement.

hawgdavis

Quote from: userpick on December 06, 2017, 02:26:42 pm
Relax. There's been two or three of them. Everything ive read says not to expect very many to come with him.

Probably because he can hire much better assistant coaches here

Redhogs

Quote from: Sourpuss on December 06, 2017, 02:47:25 pm
predict you'll get your wish
Nope to Smith..bringing his wide receivers coach too..
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: SmokinHog on December 06, 2017, 02:25:27 pm
I'm not liking the whole SMU staff being transplanted over here.
SMM, the new MSM? As long as that defensive staff is the new guy's , we'll be ok.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Tigaman

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 06, 2017, 04:42:32 pm
SMM, the new MSM? As long as that defensive staff is the new guy's , we'll be ok.

No the Clemson Mafia aka CM

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: jgphillips3 on December 06, 2017, 02:44:39 pm
You want to see what happens when an OC is stuck with the wrong Oline coach...watch tape of us for the past two years.  I'm fine with this hire.  Smith having his foot in Louisiana would make him a valuable keep for this staff.  Lunney's Arkansas roots would make him a good keep.  I guess we'll see.

I am sure he will notice Smith. I believe that those two recruiting together can be a beautiful thing and raise BOTH of their games... I hope they hit it off.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Tim Harris

Quote from: hogblitz on December 06, 2017, 03:42:11 pm
Every coach on the defensive side of the ball for SMU should have been fired after this season.  There is going to be a total meltdown if he brings in ANY of those coaches.  There will be a lot of turd polishing by the media.

Don't be surprised if he brings Archie with him.  He played for Chad in high school.

http://smumustangs.com/coaches.aspx?rc=956&path=football

Paul

Quote from: Wildhog on December 06, 2017, 02:40:45 pm
Recruiting experience is extremely important.  This isn't the place (or time) for learning on the job.  Sorry.
but he recruited just as well as June Jones did at SMU

hogfansince79

Looks like an improvement to me...

Sacks Allowed

rank
37     SMU          19   
114   Arkansas   35
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." — George Carlin

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b06CI2jmSmw

Focuses on technique, something we have most definitely been lacking around here...
(kinda looks like Kurt Anderson though  ;))
If at first you don't succeed,
then skydiving is not for you...

longpig

Quote from: EastTNHog on December 06, 2017, 02:33:06 pm
Dude played in the NFL, so I guess that's a plus for recruiting.

So did Jaba the Kurt.
Don't be scared, be smart.

farmhawg

Must be horrible to be around you.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

farmhawg

Quote from: Dr. Sheldon Cooper on December 06, 2017, 05:11:44 pm

Focuses on technique, something we have most definitely been lacking around here...
+1 love that clip. Intelligence, fluid and can run. Perfect.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

pfrg999

Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

younghog

GO HOGS

Hogsfan1981

Wished they had more experience as a whole. Looks like all the recruiting will be on Morris's shoulders.

Let us just pray for a DC who can recruit.

Hoginsavga

Quote from: Hogfan46 on December 06, 2017, 02:26:16 pm
Most off Offensive staff is likely. I'm ok with that.

Me too! Bring your strength with you. I do hope he retains Lunney however.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 06, 2017, 03:05:15 pm
Instant upgrade over Anderson.

Bruh, I'd be an instant upgrade over Anderson. Lol.
This is my non-signature signature.

Rocky&Boarwinkle

and you guys are happy transplanting an entire AAC staff to the SEC and hoping for the best.

I don't think I have seen any defensive coaches brought over yet, have you?  Maybe he knows who he wants and who he needs to leave behind.  I bet you he knew that his defense was terrible.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Michael Smith does in fact have experience coaching RB's for those who were asking
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Dr. Sheldon Cooper on December 06, 2017, 05:11:44 pm

Homie looks like he took that pullover out of an earplug case. Lol.
This is my non-signature signature.

HoggusMaximus

oldfart

Quote from: Mr. Barnett (rbarnet424) on December 06, 2017, 02:40:45 pm
Nikki Chavanelle‏
@NikkiChavanelle
Follow Follow @NikkiChavanelle
More
Just received word that wide receivers Coach Justin Stepp will also leave @SMU_Football to join Chad Morris at Arkansas.

can Smith coach RB's?  maybe with the new added position can slip him in somewhere to keep him....

Wildhog

Quote from: oldfart on December 06, 2017, 05:40:28 pm
can Smith coach RB's?  maybe with the new added position can slip him in somewhere to keep him....

He has before at KSU.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

rightdp

Talked to coach Smith today.   He is not being retained.  He was expecting a meeting with Coach Morris but there was no meeting. None of the former staff will be retained.

hoglady

He had a very good offense at SMU - let him bring the coaches he wants on that side of the ball.
If he's a stickler for details on how his offense is run - it's for the best.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

jackflash

what will make Morris successful is who he hires on the defensive side of the ball not on the offensive side

bighogonthewall

I'm speechless. What a joke we've turned into  :puke:

k.c.hawg

If it makes you sick it will make me happy!!
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.