Joe Craddock new OC

Started by bighog2255, December 06, 2017, 12:04:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bighog2255

Per Football Scoop. No surprise, as he was Morris OC at SMU

http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/

King Kong

Tim Harris

I wouldn't be surprised to see the majority of his offensive staff end up at Arkansas.

YodaHog

Tim Harris

bighog2255

Tim Harris

I will add that his current staff is very young on the offensive side of the ball.  Most of them spent time as a GA with him at Clemson and them came over to full time spots on his SMU staff.  If he brings most of them over it will be a completely different look than we have seen in the past.

greenie

Has anybody heard if they've formally terminated the rest of Bielema's staff?

Wondering if Lunney, Smith, Enos, et al will land a spot on the new staff.  Just curious.

Hogsfan1981

Uncommon

Quote from: Tim Harris on December 06, 2017, 12:09:34 pm
I will add that his current staff is very young on the offensive side of the ball.  Most of them spent time as a GA with him at Clemson and them came over to full time spots on his SMU staff.  If he brings most of them over it will be a completely different look than we have seen in the past.
Our poor offensive line is going to be in a world of hurt conditioning wise this Spring.

Atlhogfan1

From Birmingham.  Was an asst high school coach in Alabama for a couple of season.  No SEC experience.  This seems more like a Gus-Rhett thing of mentoring.  Maybe he'll relate to qb recruits.  Given who the head coach is, this is one of the less interesting and important hires to be made IMO.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Tim Harris

Quote from: greenie on December 06, 2017, 12:10:37 pm

Wondering if Lunney, Smith, Enos, et al will land a spot on the new staff.  Just curious.

Usually they say something like the new coach will have a chance to evaluate anyone on the current staff and make the decision on who if anyone will be retained.

Seems like Lunney and Smith get the most talk around here of coaches that posters would like to see retained.

Sivad

Quote from: Tim Harris on December 06, 2017, 12:06:39 pm
I wouldn't be surprised to see the majority of his offensive staff end up at Arkansas.
How exciting.

Tim Harris

Quote from: Uncommon on December 06, 2017, 12:11:03 pm
Our poor offensive line is going to be in a world of hurt conditioning wise this Spring.

Yep.  Strength and Conditioning coach will be one of the most important hires he makes as they have quite a bit of work to do this off season.

azhog10

SouthMisscoHawg

I wouldn't mind seeing him keep  Lunney and Smith...

JOKERHOG

BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

Pig in the Pokey

He just needs a stud DC, a really good OL coach, keep smith and maybe Lunney, and to go grab Ealy from Jonesboro.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

azhog10

Quote from: SouthMisscoHawg on December 06, 2017, 12:13:43 pm
Those two he should keep. Lunney for Arkansas recruiting and Smith for his ties to Louisianna. If Morris can truly recruit Texas, then having him and Smith to recruit LA and TX would be killer. But I  still don't like the hire.

greenie

Quote from: SouthMisscoHawg on December 06, 2017, 12:13:43 pm

I'm in this camp as well.  Both seemed to have done reasonably well both coaching and recruiting.

Atlhogfan1

I agree on keeping Lunney. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Tim Harris

Redhogs

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 06, 2017, 12:11:15 pm
From Birmingham.  Was an asst high school coach in Alabama for a couple of season.  No SEC experience.  This seems more like a Gus-Rhett thing of mentoring.  Maybe he'll relate to qb recruits.  Given who the head coach is, this is one of the less interesting and important hires to be made IMO.
Agree.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: Uncommon on December 06, 2017, 12:11:03 pm

It will be interesting to hear reports of different styles from FANONTHEHILL.

redneckfriend

Quote from: Tim Harris on December 06, 2017, 12:09:34 pm

Wow- graduate assistants at Clemson to the SEC west, with a stop at a dumpster fire in between. Good luck boys. You're going to need it.

hoglady

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Bacons Rebellion

No reason for Enos to stay. He is an OC for Morris' philosophy.

Like everyone else, I've liked Lunney and Smith.

The change is a good opportunity for Morris to keep the staff he has evaluated as keepers, and cull the "decent but I can do better." We were hurt in the Nutt hire when he felt obligated to bring the entire staff, even though they weren't all SEC worthy.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: redneckfriend on December 06, 2017, 12:21:02 pm
Wow- graduate assistants at Clemson to the SEC west, with a stop at a dumpster fire in between. Good luck boys. You're going to need it.

Learning by fire.  Hope we don't do this on the D side. 

hoglady

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 06, 2017, 12:26:34 pm

I take Morris to be like Petrino - HE is the most important person on the offensive side of the ball.
Probably controls it all - just like Petrino did.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

azhog10

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 06, 2017, 12:26:34 pm
I like he probably used Venables to get this job. Or sexton promised he could help us make a run at BV. WE will end up with a guy who is no better than the scrubs we've had in the past.

BBHog

No problem at all with this guy as OC.  Least important assistant coach on the team.  Morris is going to call the plays.  Now if we start hiring guys who are 2 years out of GA positions on the defensive side, we are going to have problems.

HogCard

code red

I'd hope Lunney stays the rest.....probably gone. 
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

3kgthog

You keep Lunney because his group has remained solid and it greases the wheels with the state's high school coaches. And who knows, he might grow into a guy we'd want as a HC someday. It never hurts to think that far ahead.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: hoglady on December 06, 2017, 12:30:11 pm
I take Morris to be like Petrino - HE is the most important person on the offensive side of the ball.
Probably controls it all - just like Petrino did.

Agreed. Why I'm not too worried about the OC.  Don't be dead weight but Morris has that side. 

Quote from: azhog10 on December 06, 2017, 12:31:28 pm
I like he probably used Venables to get this job. Or sexton promised he could help us make a run at BV. WE will end up with a guy who is no better than the scrubs we've had in the past.

He probably did.  DC at Arkansas is a tough job. 

The_Iceman

No reason to complain about bringing in the OC from one of the top offenses in the country.

Good hire.

goodguytex

Quote from: 3kgthog on December 06, 2017, 12:34:21 pm
You keep Lunney because his group has remained solid and it greases the wheels with the state's high school coaches. And who knows, he might grow into a guy we'd want as a HC someday. It never hurts to think that far ahead.
Malzahn will most likely be the HC at Arkansas if he wants to if Morris doesn't work out.

The real Hogules

Wow, how does Morris do it? I mean he's already assembling a top notch staff!
I feel kind of silly for doubting his abilities as a recruiter, now that I've witnessed first hand how he can walk into a room and
select his assistants off of any staff, nation wide!
I can't believe how lucky we are, he stole SMU's OC!
The sky's the limit now, boys!
The UofA had better start having a new trophy case built, because we're fixing to be in the hunt for Nattys!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

The real Hogules

Quote from: goodguytex on December 06, 2017, 12:38:40 pm
Malzahn will most likely be the HC at Arkansas if he wants to if Morris doesn't work out.

"F" Gus Malzahn!

Athog

azhog10

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 06, 2017, 12:36:00 pm
Agreed. Why I'm not too worried about the OC.  Don't be dead weight but Morris has that side. 

He probably did.  DC at Arkansas is a tough job.
Very tough, which is why we need someone that is very very solid. Especially with an uptempo offense. Got to have a defense that can get 3 and outs.

pghawg1

I would think they working on D C behind the scenes

Hogtrillian

Quote from: The real Hogules on December 06, 2017, 12:42:19 pm
I feel kind of silly for doubting his abilities as a recruiter, now that I've witnessed first hand how he can walk into a room and
The UofA had better start having a new trophy case built, because we're fixing to be in the hunt for Nattys!

please don't come back when we start winning. I hate bandwagon fans

Tim Harris

Richard Davenport‏
@ArRecruitingGuy
1m1 minute ago
More
Source very high on SMU OC Joe Craddock, who Football Scoop is reporting will join Morris in Fayetteville.   http://forums.wholehogsports.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13110 ...

gustofwind

Don't see Lunney going anywhere.  He's a lot like Morris:
1) Respected by in state HS coaches
2) Lead recruiter for in state players
3) Coached HS fb

Hogsfan1981

puppet OC to be fired if things go bad.

Darren DeLoach

Quote from: The real Hogules on December 06, 2017, 12:42:19 pm

Noted...and yes, I recognize the terrible attempt at sarcasm.
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

The real Hogules

Quote from: pghawg1 on December 06, 2017, 12:46:08 pm
     I would think they working on D C behind the scenes

No, Brent Venables is in the bag, haven't you heard?

Seriously though, I HIGHLY doubt that Venables is leaving Clemson to come to work for Average Chad.

I guess we'll see.

HamGrowsOnTrees

Quote from: King Kong on December 06, 2017, 12:06:10 pm
More money for Brent

After we hire some hs coaches as defensive assistants we will have tons and tons of money for Cole products and shoes. If you think Venables is coming I pity da foool

The Boar War

Quote from: Hogsfan1981 on December 06, 2017, 12:10:47 pm
puppet OC

Then the position needs to be filled with a great recruiter.