Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Here's the problem

Started by adroitful, December 06, 2017, 09:19:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Billy Bats

Quote from: Hogindasticks on December 06, 2017, 05:22:45 pm
Emotionally irrational is someone that feels they are sane when they are not.....its gonna be the same scenario without a legitimate DC.....we are hosed.

Why are you like this?

Pecos Hog

Quote from: HAWG MAFIA on December 06, 2017, 10:11:54 am
I see 6 wins on the schedule next year, even with a new coach. 3 toss ups and 3 losses. I think we'll be anywhere from 6-6 to 9-3 if we get all the right bounces. I'd expect closer to 6-6. Not need to point out that Morris is an unproven HC (as I've stated below with other teams). I'm basing my opinion on his offense, OC success at Clemson & SMU and his high school resume.

Eastern Illinois   WIN
Colorado St        WIN
North Texas       WIN
Auburn              LOSS
Texas A&M        TOSS UP
Alabama           LOSS
Ole Miss           WIN (unproven HC)
Tulsa               WIN
Vandy              WIN
LSU                 LOSS
Miss ST            TOSS UP (unproven HC)
Missouri           TOSS UP (lost OC)

I agree.    I expect to see immediate improvement in all areas.     6 plus wins next season.    Wouldn't expect to be able to beat Auburn, but A&M will be a key game to see what kind of team we have.   

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: adroitful on December 06, 2017, 09:38:12 am
Who? The only one that MAY be able to do it is Ty Storey. I don't see Cole Kelley being mobile enough to run it. Again, even you guys are saying "Be patient and give the man time". I understand that. But, the people that fill the bleachers on Saturdays are DONE hearing that.

I've posted the video 15 times already! He ran the HUNH in High School.. YES RAN it and RAN IN it.!!  Just stop.!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

PorkSoda

Quote from: HF#1 on December 06, 2017, 10:02:12 am
I use common sense. Dan Enos could be our coach next season and we would make a bowl game. 4 very very winnable non-conf games, a couple conf games we can win. The path to a bowl game isn't that difficult to see. Hell, Bielema would have made a bowl game in 2018
i agree, which makes it imperatve that morris at the very least makes a bowl
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Phil D

Quote from: adroitful on December 06, 2017, 09:19:49 am
It's not that we don't like the man. In fact I think he very well could win 8 games in his 4th season. However, his first season he's going to probably only win 4. The fans are not going to be very happy when they hear the words "Building Process" after they've already heard them for the past 5 years. The seats are going to be empty and there's going to be booing. He better come in and show us 6 wins his first year or I don't think it's going to be pretty.

It's not that I don't like the man. In fact I think he very well could win 8 games in his 4th season. However, his first season he's going to probably only win 4. I am not going to be very happy when I hear the words "Building Process" after I've already heard them for the past 5 years. My seat (if you have one at all) is going to be empty and there's going to be booing Because I have my hand on the pulse of the program better than you do. He better come in and show us 6 wins his first year or I don't think it's going to be pretty.

Fixed your post for ya pal.
GO HOGS!!!!!!

HBTHogs

Quote from: hogsanity on December 06, 2017, 09:27:36 am
go look at the roster and get back to me. Who on this team is going to QB his style of offense? OR are we going to count on a tr fr from a 2a Ar HS to do it?

Why do you think Cole Kelley can't run it?  It's what he ran in high school.

Biggus Piggus

The coaching staff needed to be rebuilt. That made the head coach expendable. Organization might go a long ways.
[CENSORED]!

RazorChuck

Quote from: adroitful on December 06, 2017, 09:19:49 am
It's not that we don't like the man. In fact I think he very well could win 8 games in his 4th season. However, his first season he's going to probably only win 4. The fans are not going to be very happy when they hear the words "Building Process" after they've already heard them for the past 5 years. The seats are going to be empty and there's going to be booing. He better come in and show us 6 wins his first year or I don't think it's going to be pretty.
That is absolutely right, only those drowning themselves in the Kool-Aid are blinded to the truth of where we have sunk.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: RazorChuck on December 07, 2017, 07:30:02 am
That is absolutely right, only those drowning themselves in the Kool-Aid are blinded to the truth of where we have sunk.

Your confidence exceeds your awareness.
[CENSORED]!

TulsaHawg

Quote from: adroitful on December 06, 2017, 09:34:13 am
Well, the "Reasearch" everyone keeps shouting sure points to a "Building Process":
2015   SMU   2–10   1–7   T–5th (West)         
2016   SMU   5–7   3–5   5th (West)         
2017   SMU   7–5   4–4   4th (West)   Frisco   

He has a good foundation to build on here, unlike the situation at SMU.

hogsanity

Quote from: HBTHogs on December 07, 2017, 03:21:14 am
Why do you think Cole Kelley can't run it?  It's what he ran in high school.

There may be 2 or 3 Qb's on campus that can run it, we do not know yet. 1st thing is to see who stays, which may not be determined until after spring practice.

It is always a question when a new offensive style is introduced and tried to make work with players recruited to run something totally different.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: jgphillips3 on December 06, 2017, 09:29:37 am
This.  The reason Long fought for Bielema is even a buffoon should win six next year minimum and they could have claimed the ship was righted.  Losing one of those OOC games, other than Colorado State who is okay, should be grounds for immediate termination.  Plus we have Vanderbilt and an Ole Miss team that is about to see massive transfers.  That is six wins.  If Morris is such an offensive genius, he should get those six and snag one more...maybe two.  Outside of Alabama, Auburn and LSU and A&M, the other teams are all equal to or less talented on paper than us.

This. I'm calling for the upset over A&M too. I think Fischer is vastly overrated and well past his best, at that. They paid out the nose for worse than they had.

AHorseWithNoName

Quote from: hogsanity on December 07, 2017, 08:42:05 am
There may be 2 or 3 Qb's on campus that can run it, we do not know yet. 1st thing is to see who stays, which may not be determined until after spring practice.

It is always a question when a new offensive style is introduced and tried to make work with players recruited to run something totally different.

I'd be willing to bet that a large majority of the current razorback offensive players, including linemen, ran some sort of spread offense in High School.  Although they may have gotten away from it in the past year or two, it's still in their blood and it's what they love.  Trust me, offensive lineman love it far better.  They don't have to worry about holding blocks as long and they get to get out in space an punish people.  I'd say 75% of our current offensive players have played in the spread in the past.  Kelley and Storey both ran the spread in High School.  Connor Noland will be a perfect fit for Morris's offense.  The cubboard is well stocked and the kids will love this guy!
"A man on a horse is spiritually, as well as physically, bigger than a man on foot." — John Steinbeck

Kneph13

I'm in a give the man a chance mode after much reflection (still a member of the cornrow cult though).  The primary key to his success here will be who he gets as DC and secondary; flipping some recruits.

I'm gonna wait and see. I see 6, maybe 7, possible wins and we might even sneak in another if the stars align correctly.
There is no Political Correctness in war

Hoggish1

All he has to do is win five games and it will be an improvement.  Anything above that is bonus.

KevinOMReb

Give Chad time.  He needs a mobile QB and some WR's.  It will take at least two years.  He's a solid coach.  Having said that, I was a bit dismayed to see nearly the entire staff come this direction too. I thought he was given a bigger pool for assistants?  If so, all he did was give the old crew raises.....
Hotty Toddy,
KevinOMReb

hog of steele

Quote from: KevinOMReb on December 07, 2017, 10:02:57 am
Give Chad time.  He needs a mobile QB and some WR's.  It will take at least two years.  He's a solid coach.  Having said that, I was a bit dismayed to see nearly the entire staff come this direction too. I thought he was given a bigger pool for assistants?  If so, all he did was give the old crew raises.....

Some guys like the guys they have. IIRC petrino had a group of guys he trusted and it worked best when they were with him.

AHorseWithNoName

Quote from: KevinOMReb on December 07, 2017, 10:02:57 am

So you'd rather him hire all new assistants and let them learn his offense while trying to teach the players his offense?  That makes sense.
"A man on a horse is spiritually, as well as physically, bigger than a man on foot." — John Steinbeck

BigE_23

Quote from: adroitful on December 06, 2017, 09:25:16 am
I'm fully aware of the schedule. I also am fully aware of how quickly he got things moving over at SMU..

Then you're not fully aware of what he inherited at SMU...

This was not my first choice either, but the more I research it with an open mind, the more it makes sense that he could be great fit.

redeye

I don't know how many games we'll win next year, but there will be a rebuilding process.  The only way there wouldn't be is if we'd hired another "out Bama Alabama" guy and I don't think anyone wanted that.  So anyone who's not willing to wait, should have thought about that before calling for CBB's head.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Morris and the Razorbacks win 8 games next season.

The roster is already built for his offense, now the talent right now isn't quite what it will be in a few years but the bodies and numbers are there.

There are more WR's than OL on the roster, Morris will bring on a couple more and some size and speed with them.

The offense will finally be a quick hitter. I don't mean as much as the tempo which will become 60 minutes of hell but the development of the plays. Matt Campbell and Toledo killed us with quick slants and quick passing plays. They saw our lack of speed even for the MAC conference much less the SEC.  This means our terrible OL won't have to hold blocks as long, the ball will be out of the QB's hand before protection breaks down.  Now this means if Froholdt, Jackson and Wallace can at least get a chip on a DL or LB instead of the complete whiffs or choosing the wrong defender to block the sack numbers should go way down, the 2nd and 3rd and longs will diminish greatly. The offense will be in better positions statistically and probability wise, the run game can and will be effective again.

Defense I'm really not that worried about it.  It'll probably be bad because of the lack of experience and lack of athletic talent. There'll be some addition by subtraction.  No Liddell is a good thing. No Eugene is a good thing. No Coley is a good thing. The younger DB's can be an upgrade to Ramirez and Tolliver.  I have no clue where we're gonna find quality DT/NT play. Gotta get Billy Ferrell signed. He may be the most important recruit in the state this year.  He's 6'2 330 and plays TE on offense and breaks tackles and makes leaping catches.  He's a star DL waiting to happen and Bielema wasn't recruiting him.

The first couple years we'll have to win by outscoring people, which is exactly what we've had to do the past 2 seasons already. When the opponents adjusted and started shutting the offense down the team gave up as it knew they couldn't stop the other team from scoring and then when they knew the offense was done for the day it all went to hell in a hand basket. I've hated how the Hogs played the last few years and now I think I'm gonna love it. It'll take a few recruiting classes to get the defense we want on the field but for the most part the team is set up to adjust to Coach Morris' style better than people think.

Hogville's resident uniform designer.

Cartoon Man

Nothing like Debbie downers.