Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trey Thompson

Started by incHOGnito, December 05, 2017, 09:18:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

incHOGnito

I really like what he brings to the court at times, but when you style of play is centered around creating havoc, he is not an ideal starter.

He definitely should see significant minutes, and is a nice change of pace to Gafford's offensive style, but when the shots aren't falling to start the game, Gafford can get the team energized on both ends. He seems to have gotten his fouling under control and needs to start.

Not bashing Trey, Gafford is a once a generation type talent for Arkansas and brings something Trey can't.

rude1

CMA is going to favor the senior 9 times out of 10..............

Sigepgator702

Yea I agree Gafford should play Way more minutes.  I'd rather him start so that we aren't 10 points down from the jump.

HawgsPolo

Quote from: rude1 on December 05, 2017, 09:24:18 pm

MA is giving Trey every opportunity his senior season, but his time is running out as a starter.
Go Cubs Go!!!!!

incHOGnito

Quote from: rude1 on December 05, 2017, 09:24:18 pm

Well aware, but even BJ Young eventually started.

Slater

Starting is overrated, Ken Biley started against Duke in 1994 and was like the 11th man on the team. Gafford time will come, this si a really good team.
FASTEST 40 ILUVMIKE

ShadowHawg

The only thing keeping Gafford from playing more is Daniel. He picks up too many bad fouls and puts himself on the Pune.

cardsNhogs

Quote from: Slater on December 05, 2017, 09:36:50 pm
Starting is overrated, Ken Biley started against Duke in 1994 and was like the 11th man on the team. Gafford time will come, this si a really good team.
his time is now. Starting is important to the players and the best players should start. I don't care much for 13-2 deficits to start a game.

incHOGnito

Quote from: Slater on December 05, 2017, 09:36:50 pm

Starting means something when you are 13 down in the first five minutes of the past two games. It also means something when you play our style and are trying to get the tempo up and the other team flustered. Trey doesn't do that. Gafford sparks the team every time he steps on the court.

mhuff

They need to be on the court together. I have been saying it for four years. The announcers can't figure out why they're not on the floor together. When Thompson is on the floor with Gafford ," Good things happen."

Rbill

Quote from: mhuff on December 05, 2017, 10:22:00 pm
They need to be on the court together. I have been saying it for four years. The announcers can't figure out why they're not on the floor together. When Thompson is on the floor with Gafford ," Good things happen."

I remember them saying that about Gafford by himself, but must have missed them saying it about Trey and Gafford together. Although I agree. When Trey comes in to spell Bailey in the future, it should be with Gafford on the floor too. Treys biggest strength is assists and he'll look to feed Gafford better than most.

Razorod

They play a bit more together now that Cook is back.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

NWAHog479

If you play Trey and Dan together, they're just going to sag off of Trey at the elbow to help down on Dan and Trey is rarely going to take/make that shot.

The Hogfather

Quote from: NWAHog479 on December 06, 2017, 09:55:31 am
If you play Trey and Dan together, they're just going to sag off of Trey at the elbow to help down on Dan and Trey is rarely going to take/make that shot.

From what I've seen, TT can hit that shot with regularity.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: The Hogfather on December 06, 2017, 10:04:31 am

You might be confusing TT for Dwight Stewart. They're built almost the same but Dwight Stewart made that shot with regularity. TT can not play along side Gafford.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on December 06, 2017, 10:31:38 am
You might be confusing TT for Dwight Stewart. They're built almost the same but Dwight Stewart made that shot with regularity. TT can not play along side Gafford.
TT has made almost every corner jumper this year. Just rarely takes it
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Hawg Red

Quote from: The Hogfather on December 06, 2017, 10:04:31 am

But will he actually take it?

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

Quote from: ShadowHawg on December 05, 2017, 09:39:02 pm
The only thing keeping Gafford from playing more is Daniel. He picks up too many bad fouls and puts himself on the Pune.

I've been on the Pune before. Didn't like it.
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

The Hogfather

The Hogfather

Quote from: OS2 (SW) Razor Back on December 06, 2017, 01:26:23 pm
I've been on the Pune before. Didn't like it.

I got tons of Pune before I got married.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: ShadowHawg on December 05, 2017, 09:39:02 pm

This!
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*