Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogville turning on itself....

Started by hassettsportsman, December 05, 2017, 07:55:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hassettsportsman

I'm really disappointed with the venom here.  If CM is our coach, let's get behind him.  He wouldn't have been my choice.  The negativity here in Hogville is really bothersome.  It's like a bunch spoiled brats who aren't satisfied with their X-mas gifts.  Isn't it about family and friends!  I don't think there's any choice that would have satisfied most of us here.  For you angry posters....I hope you don't beat your dogs...or worse.   

arlhog

There is no one coach that would have made everyone happy.   That's just the way it is.  No one has to be negative about it  but again that's just the way they are.   He's not my first choice but I hope he proves me wrong.     WPS

NuttinItUp

Give them a couple days to calm down. By the start of the season next year, everyone will be on board.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: hassettsportsman on December 05, 2017, 07:55:55 pm
I'm really disappointed with the venom here.  If CM is our coach, let's get behind him.  He wouldn't have been my choice.  The negativity here in Hogville is really bothersome.  It's like a bunch spoiled brats who aren't satisfied with their X-mas gifts.  Isn't it about family and friends!  I don't think there's any choice that would have satisfied most of us here.  For you angry posters....I hope you don't beat your dogs...or worse.   

It's very simple.  2/3 of the people here are stupid.  They don't study sports and have no comprehension of a head coaching job or an AD job.  They don't worry about facts...just what they hear on the radio.  They don't do the homework so they spout off stupid opinions they believe to be fact.  SMH
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

hassettsportsman

I hope so...at least they aren't banging our new AD. I can't wait to hear that first Hog call.  WOW!

Hogsfan1981

Quote from: arlhog on December 05, 2017, 08:01:31 pm
There is no one coach that would have made everyone happy.   That's just the way it is.  No one has to be negative about it  but again that's just the way they are.   He's not my first choice but I hope he proves me wrong.     WPS

I would have been happy with any other name. Morris alone is the name causing the uproar and people are kidding themselves if you think this board is alone.

I have about 15 people in a group chat in shock. They don't post on here. People at my work...not one excited. It is not just Hogville.

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: NuttinItUp on December 05, 2017, 08:02:19 pm
Give them a couple days to calm down. By the start of the season next year, everyone will be on board.

Exactly. This is a blog, it doesn't matter for anything.

This coach will win or he won't. Hogville will have zero impact on that.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

RebelliousHog

"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Mellon Collie

why do you care what other fans think? why does everyone have to be happy? this ain't a stepford wife scenario.  fans don't have to be 'united" about a hire.  you know what unites fans.  Winning.

VBMark

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on December 05, 2017, 08:06:30 pm
Exactly. This is a blog, it doesn't matter for anything.

This coach will win or he won't. Hogville will have zero impact on that.

Ding. Ding. Ding. Let's say it again, Hogville has zero impact on winning and losing. It also has almost zero impact on the program; Morris was at best 5th choice by Hogville posters. He got the job.

Now, go watch the Spring game and see if you like what is offered. That is all.
John L. Smith is so bad that he will laugh himself off the field

Mick Hogger

Everyone is just venting because that's what we do.
Quote from: forrest city joe on Today at 10:06:10 am
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

hassettsportsman

I wasn't on when BB was hired...i'm assuming the ire was similar though.  We've made a change and that's good and with a good DC that will be even better!

Hogsfan1981

Quote from: Wayne Watson on December 05, 2017, 08:05:11 pm
It's very simple.  2/3 of the people here are stupid.  They don't study sports and have no comprehension of a head coaching job or an AD job.  They don't worry about facts...just what they hear on the radio.  They don't do the homework so they spout off stupid opinions they believe to be fact.  SMH

The radio LOVES this hire as much as Gus does. If people went by what sports radio in Arkansas is saying we would all be in love with the hire. Bottom line is people saw the other options. All those options in most people's opinions were better choices and the rumor is none of them were interviewed besides Leach.

Time will tell and the truth will come out. In the meantime it is very reasonable to be concerned that a guy with a losing record trying to escape from the sinking ship that is SMU is now our head coach.

After we paid millions to get rid of long and bret. We bring in a guy with a worse record in a worse conference.

SMU slightly improved. Ok. He is a great guy. Ok. He saved Clemson...ok.

He is a underwhelming, boring hire. That IMO will bore recruits. Make other schools in the SEC breath a little easier.

And in hindsight makes firing Bret look like a huge mistake.

k.c.hawg

You must not be familiar with Hogville!!! DA post of the day!!!
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

hehawg

Agree..and it's so easy to use Google. There's quite a bit of information saying this can potentially be a great hire.
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

RazorbackToTheFuture

Heard this same darn when Bert was hired.  Sad we "should have to do homework" to justify an annual $3.5M salary.

myriad_rocker

And what are your qualifications?

98hogs

2/3 is being generous Wayne.

Piggfoot

Hogville liked Bielema's white pullover. I know they will love this one.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Cambridge Hog

Quote from: myriad_rocker on December 05, 2017, 08:14:36 pm
And what are your qualifications?

You need qualifications to see what goes on here? I'd say he nailed it.

Some of these 'fans' are a joke. They are only happy when there is turmoil and complaining to do.

Dr. Starcs

Amazing how many people buy into the gobn. Taken for fools again. 

jkstock04

Take the blinders off and check out Razorback football since 2012 and get back to us.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Peter Porker

Quote from: Hogsfan1981 on December 05, 2017, 08:06:06 pm
I would have been happy with any other name. Morris alone is the name causing the uproar and people are kidding themselves if you think this board is alone.

I have about 15 people in a group chat in shock. They don't post on here. People at my work...not one excited. It is not just Hogville.

That's because most razorback fans are headline fans. They're dumb. Passionate, but clueless.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

myriad_rocker

Quote from: Cambridge Hog on December 05, 2017, 08:19:00 pm
You need qualifications to see what goes on here? I'd say he nailed it.

Some of these 'fans' are a joke. They are only happy when there is turmoil and complaining to do.
Why are the people complaining considered "fans" instead of just fans?  Are they false fans?  Because they care and don't blindly follow someone, they're second-rate false fans?  Is that what it is?  I believe you completely whiffed on what I was getting at.

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Melancholy_Pigg

Please don't say he is doing it the right way.  😉

My point is that we heard an awful lot of that about a man who does not appear to have the coaching ability of Curley Hallman.

IDK if this guy is any good or not.  And IDK if you were one of the right way Bielema guys or not.  And not trying to pick a fight or be a jerk.

Just saying that kind of pronouncement post-Bielema does not carry the weight like it once did.

Thunderhog Jr

Lol...Couldn't agree more.......
WPS  <br />Remember the days when we were a national power??  What the Hell happened?

supersaint

RLWOLFEMAN is drunker tonight than he was when he went to Drake Field and peed on the fence.
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

hassettsportsman

I was at THE game in '69 and shook Tricky Dick's hand...not that it matters.  Passion for the Hogs was different then...and it's been evolving ever since.  This marriage of history and modern technology is rocky at best.  But through it all, I'm a Hog fan! 

hassettsportsman

For those in the know...will CM get to learn the secret password and handshake at BB's watering hole...and his stool?

Mo_Better_Hogs

Quote from: Hogsfan1981 on December 05, 2017, 08:13:22 pm
The radio LOVES this hire as much as Gus does. If people went by what sports radio in Arkansas is saying we would all be in love with the hire. Bottom line is people saw the other options. All those options in most people's opinions were better choices and the rumor is none of them were interviewed besides Leach.

Time will tell and the truth will come out. In the meantime it is very reasonable to be concerned that a guy with a losing record trying to escape from the sinking ship that is SMU is now our head coach.

After we paid millions to get rid of long and bret. We bring in a guy with a worse record in a worse conference.

SMU slightly improved. Ok. He is a great guy. Ok. He saved Clemson...ok.

He is a underwhelming, boring hire. That IMO will bore recruits. Make other schools in the SEC breath a little easier.

And in hindsight makes firing Bret look like a huge mistake.

I present "Exhibit A." People here are crazy.

hawaiianhogster

People can't just turn it off this quickly. Give them time to vent. Once the coach shows he has potential and begins to get the fans on his side they will come over full swing.

The healing process will begin once the official word is given on the new head coach.

Hogsfan1981

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

JOKERHOG

Quote from: hassettsportsman on December 05, 2017, 08:13:05 pm
I wasn't on when BB was hired...i'm assuming the ire was similar though.  We've made a change and that's good and with a good DC that will be even better!

I raised hell for months when BB was hired.  This hire is much better...
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

jkstock04

Quote from: hassettsportsman on December 05, 2017, 08:28:39 pm
I was at THE game in '69 and shook Tricky Dick's hand...not that it matters.  Passion for the Hogs was different then...and it's been evolving ever since.  This marriage of history and modern technology is rocky at best.  But through it all, I'm a Hog fan! 
Ahh...this makes sense. Lived through the awesome times so those memories are good enough for a lifetime no matter what happens. Must be nice.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

hview

Relax, we've got a coach. All is good. :)

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Hogsfan1981 on December 05, 2017, 08:06:06 pm

Just asking, but did any of your workmates even look into his history or the boxes he checks off in terms of what was wanted in a coach?

Will he be a success? Not sure. But is there reason to have some excitement? Yep.

He checks off the boxes of:
1. High octane offensive mind.
2. Solid coaching tree.
3: Experience as a head coach.
4. Major Texas recruiting ties.
5. Was building the program he was at. His record was NOT stellar, but answer me thing, would Kiffin had taken the dumpster fire of SMU much last what he did? Norvell? Strong? I doubt any would've done much more than Morris.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

jabberjawls

Spoiled brats???  We have endured the last 6 years so that we could get a coach with at 12-22 record??? 

jkstock04

Quote from: hview on December 05, 2017, 08:50:04 pm
Relax, we've got a coach. All is good. :)
"We're gonna be just fine" if I had a nickle for every time I heard that throughout the Bielema era.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

atekido

Sadly there are some that will hope we do bad just so they can claim they were right about something.  Sad but true.

farmhawg

Quote from: jkstock04 on December 05, 2017, 08:51:08 pm
"We're gonna be just fine" if I had a nickle for every time I heard that throughout the Bielema era.
I hated brettt. This is a great hire.
From theflyinghog

bphi11ips

Frank Broyles was 5-4-1 at Missouri in his only year as a head coach when John Barnhill gave him the job so Broyles would stop pestering him. Arkansas in 1958 was a lot like it is in 2017. Maybe Morris sees what Broyles saw. Maybe Morris will be a visionary.

It could happen. 

I'll add something to that. I was in Little Rock yesterday. At some point, Arkansas will reach it's potential. Right now the entire state is low hanging fruit.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

hog911

It's going to take winning to get people on board! Myself included! I'm thinking we will be back in a bowl game by 2020!

jkstock04

Quote from: farmhawg on December 05, 2017, 08:54:16 pm
I hated brettt. This is a great hire.
I've seen zero hard evidence provided this is a great hire. Only thing I've seen positive is he was a good/great OC for Clemson.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

c-townfan

You people baffle me that keep calling others stupid because they don't like the hire. "You should just follow blindly and support no matter what, that's what true hog fans do! If not, you're dumb."

No, we aren't stupid. We're tired of your worn out sales pitch telling us to follow blindly and support cause you want to spin a bad situation and kiss the PTB a**. I wish I could buy into your fairytale land but I'm sorry this sucks and I refuse to fall into this neurotic thought process. And no I'm nowhere close to stupid. Very educated in fact, so your theory is faulted. Name calling is how individuals have to debate when they have no other logical arguments to make. So stop with that crap.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: c-townfan on December 05, 2017, 09:05:10 pm
You people baffle me that keep calling others stupid because they don't like the hire. "You should just follow blindly and support no matter what, that's what true hog fans do! If not, you're dumb."

No, we aren't stupid. We're tired of your worn out sales pitch telling us to follow blindly and support cause you want to spin a bad situation and kiss the PTB a**. I wish I could buy into your fairytale land but I'm sorry this sucks and I refuse to fall into this neurotic thought process. And no I'm nowhere close to stupid. Very educated in fact, so your theory is faulted. Name calling is how individuals have to debate when they have no other logical arguments to make. So stop with that crap.

What makes you so sure that this is a bad hire?
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

NuttinItUp

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: hassettsportsman on December 05, 2017, 08:13:05 pm

Oh...it was, just like it ALWAYS is on every hire.  I was pedestrian with my displeasure of the BB hire, and wanted Malzahn.  I said some unflattering things, and got a few days to think about it.  But...I still gave BB a chance, because that's what you have to do as a Hog fan. 

To the people who may think not showing up to the games next season will send a message, like they did to get rid of BB, that's not going to happen.  What it will do though, is make us look like the most pathetic fan base in the history of college sports, because he deserves a chance.  HE'S COMING HERE TO WIN GAMES AND GIVE IT HIS ALL, AND SO ARE THE PLAYERS. 

If you're pissy about the PTB who hired him...that's fine, but as fans, we NEED to show up and support this team.  If not...our next hire will be someone straight from an Arkansas High School team. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

Locutus_of_Boar

The one persistent fact I've noticed is that the vast majority of those posting in favor of Mr. Morris rationalize their support not on any objective measure of the coach but rather on attacking those who hold different views.

That is a strategy that carries with it the seeds of its own failure.

While I don't expect any more of Chad Morris than what his record shows I might have been inclined to give him some time to prove himself.

However as I suspect to continue to hear his supporters do nothing but attack those who don't support him I am confident I will find this too distracting to give him an objective evaluation.

Congratulations.