Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Otis Kirk states that he heard that Venables is in fact coming to Arkansas as DC

Started by DuckTalesLOL, December 05, 2017, 05:30:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ThisTeetsTaken

***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

HogsonHicks

I don't think there's any way in hell this is actually happening, but if true...

INCREDIBLE!

Oliver

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on December 05, 2017, 05:48:14 pm
We're getting Venables a big fat raise at Clemson.

Yep.  Getting played for the morons we are a second time

TebowHater

TexHog188

Venables is not leaving Clemson in the midst of another NC run.  Just won't happen.  Please let it be so, but just ain't happening.
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

HardCore

Otis and Wally have said a ton of crap over the last couple of weeks.  Why would Venables leave an established base to come here and start over.

Hell, our own Alumni didn't leave his base to start over at his "Dream Job"
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

King Kong

Jonbo

Quote from: TexHog188 on December 05, 2017, 05:49:25 pm
Venables is not leaving Clemson in the midst of another NC run.  Just won't happen.  Please let it be so, but just ain't happening.

Yeah, it would be amazing. Amazing as in -great!, but also amazing as in -quite unlikely to happen.

Breems

That downgrade makes absolutely 0 sense. Why are we even considering that this is an option?
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Hog N Bama

Would love it if true!!!! But you know what they say if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.  :'(

Cambridge Hog

Can someone discover Otis' identity on this board now? Would be rear to out another..

HoggieStyle

Odius Quirk...haven't heard that name in a long time.

Haven't missed it.

Wildhog

Quote from: Breems on December 05, 2017, 05:54:52 pm
That downgrade makes absolutely 0 sense. Why are we even considering that this is an option?

Hell we didn't bring it up.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

redeye

You heard it here first, but I was just guessing and everyone thought it was crazy.

Quote from: redeye on December 04, 2017, 06:17:44 pm
I'll laugh if Morris is hired and brings his good friend Venables with him.

Quote from: redeye on December 04, 2017, 10:36:57 pm
I think it's more likely we'd see Morris as HC and Venables as DC, because they're close friends and Venables may want to move closer to home. 

This would be beyond crazy good....  ;D   Essentially bringing the 2014 Clemson coaching staff to Arkansas.

island hog

Venables knows more about Morris than all of us combined. If he's somehow willing to come here to work with him, that would say a ton

greenie

Quote from: Cambridge Hog on December 05, 2017, 05:56:32 pm
Can someone discover Otis' identity on this board now? Would be rear to out another..

Nice.  First: Wally, Next: Otis, Finally: Bo
Would be epic.

zumhog

Quote from: root_hawg on December 05, 2017, 05:35:30 pm
Why would you leave Clemson to come to Ark for a lateral move???? ???
To become the highest paid DC in college football history.

Wildhog

Quote from: island hog on December 05, 2017, 06:01:34 pm
Venables knows more about Morris than all of us combined. If he's somehow willing to come here to work with him, that would say a ton

I preferred Venables to Morris as HC...so yeah.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

TebowHater

The NewEra

The only problem I have with this is Otis Kirk being the source.  Sounds too good to be true.

HardCore

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

redeye

Who knows? There could be many reasons, but fans only look at the surface.

I can think of a few possibilities, but I've already mentioned them several times and people are still asking, so I won't bother again.

hawgon

Two friends, working together to make each other richer and richer.  Venables told people at Little Rock this week that he would come with Morris.  That pushed Morris over the top and got him the job.  Now Morris will return the favor and go after Venables, getting him a huge raise at Clemson.

I'm amazed that these people in charge keep falling for this same crap over and over.

ThisTeetsTaken

If they make Venables the highest paid Assistant Coach in the country than maybe.   What would that be $3M?
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

colt-45

Oklahawg

Quote from: Dannyluvssonic on December 05, 2017, 05:34:19 pm
The media is putting this out there to try to spin this turd.  Venables isn't leaving Clemson to coach with this loser.

How so? Media don't spin things, they report them. Wally can have his opinion in the morning, but the real journalists are just reporting what they can confirm, and hinting at what they can't confirm.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

greenie

Jonbo

Quote from: island hog on December 05, 2017, 06:01:34 pm
Well, he did rave about him on the radio yesterday.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HogT

Quote from: Dannyluvssonic on December 05, 2017, 05:34:19 pm
The media is putting this out there to try to spin this turd.  Venables isn't leaving Clemson to coach with this loser.

You do understand they are best friends and he bought Morris' house when Morris left Clemson.
Practice does not make perfect...
Practice makes permanent...
PERFECT practice makes perfect...

BartIV

Quote from: SlickWilly on December 05, 2017, 05:31:44 pm
Otis Kirk is less credible than Wally.

The Venables rumor is just to make the underwhelming Morris hire seem exciting.
I like the hire, but I guessing this is correct. They need to let the hire stand on its own two legs

dmaxfan

Quote from: hawgon on December 05, 2017, 06:08:27 pm
Two friends, working together to make each other richer and richer.  Venables told people at Little Rock this week that he would come with Morris.  That pushed Morris over the top and got him the job.  Now Morris will return the favor and go after Venables, getting him a huge raise at Clemson.

I’m amazed that these people in charge keep falling for this same crap over and over.

1. Does it matter? It wouldn't be us that paid.

2. If you truly think you'd do anything different, you're wrong. If a great coach may be interested, you have to try.
No, you don't have any sources and no one believes you.

ridgehog23

Even if BV doesn't come at least you know CM is thinking about defense!   He will get a good DC

JONAS

Sigepgator702

This is being thrown out there to try to calm people down who is upset with the hire.  False hope, no more.  Just like the coaching search.

Idahog

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 11, 2015, 07:11:54 am
Let me explain how this works...  If I have four really good meals in a row, I am thankful for that and I do not withhold my thanks for fear that the next meal might suck.

snoblind

Quote from: HardCore on December 05, 2017, 05:50:37 pm
Otis and Wally have said a ton of crap over the last couple of weeks.  Why would Venables leave an established base to come here and start over.

Hell, our own Alumni didn't leave his base to start over at his "Dream Job"

He isn't an Alum, was only here a year or two. 

By all accounts Venables is a stand up guy.  Can't say the same for the person you are referring to.

FaytownHog

Tarheelhawg

From previous comments by Venables, he highly respects Morris and has worked with him.  So previous relationship , likely sizeable raise, and who knows what else makes this possible. 

jry04

We can double Venables' current salary and still save on what we were offering Gus alone.

FaytownHog

Quote from: hawgon on December 05, 2017, 06:08:27 pm

I'm amazed that these people in charge keep falling for this same crap over and over.
EXACTLY! They're playing a game and as long as we keep playing the fool they'll keep playing the game with us because we keep falling for it. Trust nothing that isn't in writing, and even then only trust half.

Haters gonna hate

StanHog

I keep hearing lateral. #1 to about #90 seems quite downhill.

Tarheelhawg

Venables could be leveraging Arkansas for a raise at Clemson.  But so what, if he actually accepts the offer great, if not, then plan B.  But if you don't offer, it will never happen. 

Hogs49ers

So I highly doubt this is true....But if it is, wooooo!!!

The only possible reasons I could see this happening are:

- We have doubled his pay and will make him the highest paid DC in the country (and somehow Clemson does not even come close to matching it)
- Plus maybe Venables realized that he will never get any of the credit at Clemson and has not been receiving any solid HC offers because everyone thinks all of Clemson's success is because of Dabo???  (Reaching, but these are the only 2 reasons I could think of for leaving the same position at a top 2-3 school for that position at Arkansas)
SCREW Vandy!

thebignasty

Quote from: Hogs49ers on December 05, 2017, 06:52:30 pm
So I highly doubt this is true....But if it is, wooooo!!!

The only possible reasons I could see this happening are:

- We have doubled his pay and will make him the highest paid DC in the country (and somehow Clemson does not even come close to matching it)
- Plus maybe Venables realized that he will never get any of the credit at Clemson and has not been receiving any solid HC offers because everyone thinks all of Clemswww.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=651300.0

on's success is because of Dabo???  (Reaching, but these are the only 2 reasons I could think of for leaving the same position at a top 2-3 school for that position at Arkansas)

He's already making 1.7 mil at Clemson, I believe.
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes