Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Otis Kirk states that he heard that Venables is in fact coming to Arkansas as DC

Started by DuckTalesLOL, December 05, 2017, 05:30:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

flynhog

I have to flip between 104.3 and 96.3 and just go with the one that's less static-y at the time

Me too.  Depends where I am on I-40 at the time./
Wins are the only things that matter when the game ends.  The mistakes that happen in the game are corrected by good coaching during the week. A season of near losses means you won every game.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Hog Pharm on December 08, 2017, 08:19:49 pm
So one person heard him say Venables and another heard Graham?  ???
Venables is not coming to Arkansas in my opinion. why would he?

Hogindasticks

Hogindasticks

Parents in Oklahoma....it isn't apples to apples.  If you would have read all the prior information on him, you would know how important his family is to him.

ricepig

hawgXi

Quote from: DOGALUM on December 08, 2017, 06:10:06 pm
he "basically gave his word"....which is not the same.   Far from binding.    He's recruiting.....is he going to confide in the kid "pssst...woo pig spoke baby!  I'm Arkansas bound....but keep it on the DL."?

I'm not saying he's coming....I'd actually be shocked if he did (but happy), but that kid saying that means zippo.

Unless that kid happens to be jake venables. 2018 LB who has verballed to clemson

hogs dont cry

Quote from: Hogindasticks on December 08, 2017, 08:33:00 pm
Watch the team meeting and you will understand.

He's not leaving one of the most talented teams in the country to come to Arkansas to rebuild a defense.  His son is committed to Clemson in the 2018 class for crying out loud!

Why do some of you guys do this to yourselves?  As usual, you're going to end up disappointed in the end and make hog fans look like delusional morons   in the process by talking about it on Twitter and the like. 

Hog Pharm

Quote from: forrest city joe on December 08, 2017, 08:32:00 pm
Venables is not coming to Arkansas in my opinion. why would he?

I agree he won't. Just wondering how the OP heard him say his source said it was Venables.

hogs dont cry

Quote from: Hogindasticks on December 08, 2017, 08:34:37 pm
Parents in Oklahoma....it isn't apples to apples.  If you would have read all the prior information on him, you would know how important his family is to him.

Yep. His son is most likely important to him.  He'll be a freshman on the team at Clemson next year.

Do you guys even try to use common sense?  You want it to happen so bad that you'll believe anything.

rickm1976

Quote from: BOAR_N2BWILD on December 08, 2017, 08:09:51 pm
What I heard Randy say was that according to his source Graham is coming as DC.

I hope not.  I'll say it again: There are issues with Graham. Morris is familiar with them, and if he does hire him, then Graham has changed a lot in the past few years.

Lanlord

Quote from: hogs dont cry on December 08, 2017, 08:41:31 pm
He's not leaving one of the most talented teams in the country to come to Arkansas to rebuild a defense.  His son is committed to Clemson in the 2018 class for crying out loud!

Why do some of you guys do this to yourselves?  As usual, you're going to end up disappointed in the end and make hog fans look like delusional morons   in the process by talking about it on Twitter and the like. 

Next you will tell us Gruden isn't coming either!

RazorWhacker

Quote from: hoglady on December 08, 2017, 06:07:34 pm
It defies logic for Venables to come here.

So I'm going with logic for the time being.

LOL. You're funny. You can't have logic. You're a girl!

Yeah my wife didn't laugh either.

I'll just go to bed now.

King Kong

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: hogs dont cry on December 08, 2017, 08:44:30 pm
Yep. His son is most likely important to him.  He'll be a freshman on the team at Clemson next year.

Do you guys even try to use common sense?  You want it to happen so bad that you'll believe anything.

His son's a verbal commitment to Clemson, that's non-binding. If his father leaves Clemson he'll likely follow to where his dad goes.

MDGoHawgs

Al Boarland

Pig in the Pokey

do you even football? VERBAL commitments are nonbinding. Do you really think BV wouldnt offer his own 4* LB son a scholly to Arkansas? Do you not realise that would mean the kid would actually see the field? DUH, bro. Yet you want to insult folks.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

HOGINTENNESSEE

Of all the reasons Venables wouldn't come here. This is the weakest

JaketheSnake

Quote from: RazorWhacker on December 08, 2017, 09:45:08 pm
LOL. You're funny. You can't have logic. You're a girl!

Yeah my wife didn't laugh either.

I'll just go to bed now.

By "bed" I'll assume you meant "couch!"

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 08, 2017, 10:50:08 pm
do you even football? VERBAL commitments are nonbinding. Do you really think BV wouldnt offer his own 4* LB son a scholly to Arkansas? Do you not realise that would mean the kid would actually see the field? DUH, bro. Yet you want to insult folks.

Considering how good we were, and since we've been stacked at LB for years.. doubt we could find room for him.. and if it's mandatory that his kid get a scholarship, guess we don't need Brent...

nwahogfan1

Who ever our new DC is he and his staff need to be known this week so our recruits will know.

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: Dominicanhog on December 09, 2017, 10:34:26 am
Considering how good we were, and since we've been stacked at LB for years.. doubt we could find room for him.. and if it's mandatory that his kid get a scholarship, guess we don't need Brent...

That's ridiculous. If you can get Venables you take his son, who is apparently a very good LB. His dad was at K-State so that shouldn't be shocking.

Supermark101

SMU was one of only 5 schools to offer as well.

Wild Bill Hog

hawgwash

Quote from: Hugo Bezdek on December 09, 2017, 10:55:03 am
That's ridiculous. If you can get Venables you take his son, who is apparently a very good LB. His dad was at K-State so that shouldn't be shocking.
The joke.

Your head.

LuckyGiraffe

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on December 09, 2017, 10:37:55 am
Who ever our new DC is he and his staff need to be known this week so our recruits will know.
There's no reason for that to happen this week or the next week or the week after that. Making the best hire you can is far more important than the early signing period. If we pass the early signing period without a DC, I would take that as a GREAT sign.

hawgette92

Quote from: Hogindasticks on December 08, 2017, 08:34:37 pm

His parents are both deceased.  His mother died 12 years ago. 

DoubleReedHawgCaller

The longer this thing drags out the more it would make one wonder that BV deal is really happening.  It's still early right now but if we start going thru next weekend with no DC it starts looking more likely I think.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Dominicanhog on December 09, 2017, 10:34:26 am
true. Maybe he can play left tackle.
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on December 09, 2017, 01:21:41 pm
The longer this thing drags out the more it would make one wonder that BV deal is really happening.  It's still early right now but if we start going thru next weekend with no DC it starts looking more likely I think.
i started this out with "maybe a 10% chance". But now Im up to like 30%.
@Slackaveli

Smashmouth2004

Don't know if any of this is true but I have a friend who is a huge SMU supporter and he told me Morris met with a couple of A&M people before Jimbo was hired in a private meeting and promised that him and Venables would be a package deal if they would give him the HC job. Obviously that didn't happen but I wonder if that's where this Venables rumor started about him coming to Ark.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Smashmouth2004 on December 09, 2017, 01:29:12 pm
Don't know if any of this is true but I have a friend who is a huge SMU supporter and he told me Morris met with a couple of A&M people before Jimbo was hired in a private meeting and promised that him and Venables would be a package deal if they would give him the HC job. Obviously that didn't happen but I wonder if that's where this Venables rumor started about him coming to Ark.
that's gangsta. I wonder if ole aggie chad would ever get rooted in enough here to pass on the A&M job. That 10 year deal they gave Jimbo will help, I guess. But I dont think Jimbo will succeed there, tbh. He is a burnt out shell of his former self. Ole Candi really did a number on him.
@Slackaveli

HamGrowsOnTrees

The longer this plays out the higher the chance of it happening. I can't believe I'm typing this. If other coaches were being interviewed it would have leaked by now

PonderinHog

Hoggish1

Well, I not going to tell you what I heard.  Otis hears voices in his head, which is OK, too.

Hoggish1

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on December 09, 2017, 10:37:55 am

Absolutely not.  Nobody has to know but CM.  If CM does know, he's not going to interject chaos into Clemson's prep time for the playoffs.

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: LRHawg on December 05, 2017, 05:33:36 pm
This makes 0 sense for Venebles career. Lateral move to AR???
Seems less than lateral to me, but I have to hope that he indeed is the prize in our box of Crackerjack.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

HamGrowsOnTrees

I think Clemson will match whatever we offer but I'm hoping they won't match the AHC offer. Also Venables could not get along with some coaches.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 09, 2017, 01:34:30 pm
that's gangsta. I wonder if ole aggie chad would ever get rooted in enough here to pass on the A&M job. That 10 year deal they gave Jimbo will help, I guess. But I dont think Jimbo will succeed there, tbh. He is a burnt out shell of his former self. Ole Candi really did a number on him.

I know he had some good teams, but I always thought he was living off what BB built...

hogfansince79

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 09, 2017, 01:27:39 pm
i started this out with "maybe a 10% chance". But now Im up to like 30%.

You need to say 0%  -  and then he will come.  lol  jk
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." — George Carlin

hogs dont cry

Right. You're such a genius. Who knew verbal commitments weren't binding?

This will probably be hard for some of you morons to understand, but the point wasn't that his son was bound to Clemson. It's that they are very invested in the program and community.  He's paid an amazing salary, and has all the talent he needs to continue fielding top 10 defenses until his dream job opens up at KState. 

But, keep telling yourself Venables is coming to Arkansas and throwing fits when someone tries to explain reality to you.  Makes no difference to me.  It's what you do and why sane people make fun of you guys.

Seriously though, thank you for pointing out that commitments are non-binding. That changes everything.

duckman

There is no way in Hell Venables is coming, book it....

There guys, now we have a shot.

greenie

This is fun to contemplate...Venables to Arkansas.  It seems so ridiculous on the surface...kind of like Gus leaving Auburn for Arkansas.  As many times as he's said "we're getting the best DC", I hope it's someone with a big reputation and not some up-and-comer...that would be a disappointment.  Unless I've missed something, there hasn't been any real info on DC candidates (outside the Venables rumors), has there?

I'm curious how difficult it is for a HC to secretly interview candidates for a coordinator position.  Logic tells me that, if he's doing it on his own, and phone interviews is all he's done so far, then I don't see how leaks would happen.  If, on the other hand, he's doing some face-to-face interviews, then that would be a little more difficult to keep quiet.  The longer we go with seemingly no defensive staff hiring activity, the more the crazy side of my mind starts thinking something big is afoot.   :)

Looks like the offensive staff is mostly set.  I'm getting pretty anxious to hear something from the other side of the ball.

Omahabound

Quote from: duckman on December 09, 2017, 05:00:08 pm
This is the first prediction you've ever made I actually 100% agree with

PonderinHog

Quote from: greenie on December 09, 2017, 05:02:13 pm
This is fun to contemplate...Venables to Arkansas.  It seems so ridiculous on the surface...kind of like Gus leaving Auburn for Arkansas.  As many times as he's said "we're getting the best DC", I hope it's someone with a big reputation and not some up-and-comer...that would be a disappointment.  Unless I've missed something, there hasn't been any real info on DC candidates (outside the Venables rumors), has there?

I'm curious how difficult it is for a HC to secretly interview candidates for a coordinator position.  Logic tells me that, if he's doing it on his own, and phone interviews is all he's done so far, then I don't see how leaks would happen.  If, on the other hand, he's doing some face-to-face interviews, then that would be a little more difficult to keep quiet.  The longer we go with seemingly no defensive staff hiring activity, the more the crazy side of my mind starts thinking something big is afoot.   :)

Looks like the offensive staff is mostly set.  I'm getting pretty anxious to hear something from the other side of the ball.
We're getting Bigfoot as our DC ???  Is that the hidden message ???

duckman

Quote from: ModestoHOG63 on December 09, 2017, 05:02:56 pm
Quote from: duckman on December 09, 2017, 05:00:08 pm

I see you changed your gif.  WPS!!!!

I have an assortment....  She likes the ones with her face cropped out depending on the pic.  LOL

oldhawg

Perhaps an indicator might be whether or not his son signs in December with Clemson.

greenie

Quote from: oldhawg on December 09, 2017, 05:18:27 pm
Perhaps an indicator might be whether or not his son signs in December with Clemson.

I hope we don't have to wait that long, but you make a great point.

greenie

Quote from: PonderinHog on December 09, 2017, 05:08:13 pm
We're getting Bigfoot as our DC ???  Is that the hidden message ???

I thought it would've been at least a couple of days before my hidden message was revealed. Pondering, you must be a crypto-psychic!