Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Otis Kirk states that he heard that Venables is in fact coming to Arkansas as DC

Started by DuckTalesLOL, December 05, 2017, 05:30:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

checkraiser88

They also said we were getting Gus, they are idiots

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

CallThoseHawgs

Brent gave his word to a Clemson commit that he would be there next season. I'd love to get him, but I just can't see it happening.
https://www.tigernet.com/update/recruiting/Venables-message-about-his-future-to-4-star-commit-28967?ref=front

longtimeHogfan

I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

ricepig

247Hog

If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

rljjr

Quote from: Uncle Remus on December 08, 2017, 05:31:20 pm
Randy Rainwater said on DTS this afternoon that he has a source close to the situation that said as crazy as it sounds, Venables is coming to be the D coordinator.  Is this really a possibility?  Seems to be a lot of smoke about this.

And how many people had sources who said "it's already done!" or "he's coming home" or "contract was signed a week ago" ...?

I will believe who the DC is when I see the new DC introduced by Coach Morris. Until then it's all rumor and speculation and those like Rainwater who make these statements are morons until proven right.

hview

Farmer Hogget

jrulz83

Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!

GuvHog

Quote from: moses_007 on December 08, 2017, 05:33:30 pm
Could be BV feels he needs to help bring another program up to Clemson's level.  And he want's to work with Morris again.

Stranger things have happened.

It also gives him the chance to move back closer to his home and his parents.

Randy Rainwater doesn't makes a statement like that and say he has a solid source without being able to back his statement up.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

CaliforniaHawg

Quote from: CallThoseHawgs on December 08, 2017, 05:34:41 pm
Brent gave his word to a Clemson commit that he would be there next season. I'd love to get him, but I just can't see it happening.
https://www.tigernet.com/update/recruiting/Venables-message-about-his-future-to-4-star-commit-28967?ref=front

I don't see it happening either, but this hardly sways me one way or another. I'm sure every coach that has ever left for another job told their recruits that they were staying. It's not like a coach is sitting there recruiting a kid and saying "hey, just a heads up, I might bolt in a year or two."

It's an effed up part of the game, but it is what it is. These kids are lied to constantly to get their signature on that LOI.

HogPharmer

I'd like to meet Randy Rainwater at the Alma Sonic.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

hawgbawb

Quote from: moses_007 on December 08, 2017, 05:33:30 pm
Could be BV feels he needs to help bring another program up to Clemson's level.  And he want's to work with Morris again.

Stranger things have happened.
I agree that it's certainly possible. Fayetteville would be a lot closer to Oklahoma and Kansas, where his roots are. He'd probably be worth more to Arkansas than Clemson, becasue we need massive changes in our defense, and because he will be a more valuable recruiter in Arkansas, Texas, Oklahom and Kansas.
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

longtimeHogfan

When the beautiful and talented Rick Schaeffer says it's so I'll believe it.  Not a moment before. 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

hview

I don't care who is hired as DC, don't expect miracles this next year. Not until there is an influx of talent.

HamGrowsOnTrees

Randy Rainwater said on DTS this afternoon that he has a source close to the situation that said as crazy as it sounds, Venables is coming to be the D coordinator.  Is this really a possibility?  Seems to be a lot of smoke about this.

I read a lot on "insider" "sources" saying Gus wanted to come to his dream job. Just stop. All of you. Just stop.

HogPharmer

Some idiot from Conway called into Finebaum today and asked Paul the odds of Venables coming to Arkansas and Paul all but laughed at the guy for asking that question. "Why would Venables leave one of the Top 3 programs in the country to go to Arkansas and remain a DC?"
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

JONAS

ricepig

Quote from: HogPharmer on December 08, 2017, 05:49:04 pm
Some idiot from Conway called into Finebaum today and asked Paul the odds of Venables coming to Arkansas and Paul all but laughed at the guy for asking that question. "Why would Venables leave one of the Top 3 programs in the country to go to Arkansas and remain a DC?"

Paul does have an excellent point.

Großer Kriegschwein

Otis, more than likely, put that out in order to get more people to sign up for his pay site.
This is my non-signature signature.

HogPharmer

Quote from: ricepig on December 08, 2017, 05:51:18 pm

No kidding. I don't understand why people don't get that.

CaliforniaHawg

Quote from: HogPharmer on December 08, 2017, 05:49:04 pm

Money?

pghawg1

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

HogPharmer

Quote from: pghawg1 on December 08, 2017, 05:53:06 pm
WHY not reach for the stars.

I can get on my tippy-toes and reach as far as possible, but the stars are still 4.2 trillion light years away.

jkstock04

Randy rainwater and Otis Kirk as sources here....gotta be legit.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

HogPharmer

Quote from: jkstock04 on December 08, 2017, 05:54:32 pm
Randy rainwater and Otis Kirk as sources here....gotta be legit.

Funny thing is, HV is Randy Rainwater's source.

hog_fan

With him saying best dc, he has someone in mind he thinks he can get. Sure Brent is unlikely, but that doesn't mean he can't try. If he can get it approved throw 1.75 at him for 3 years fully guranteed. They would need to make him highest paid assistant in the country.

ricepig

forrest city joe

I did not hear Randy say that.but i missed part of the show today. but he's not leaving Clemson to come here in my opinion. i  hope Morris will do is hire the best DC and defensive Assistants they can get.and they need to spend whatever it takes to do it.Arkansas need great coaches who can recruit and develop players.that's how you win here.

Dominicanhog

Wayne Watson

Quote from: GuvHog on December 08, 2017, 05:43:40 pm
Randy Rainwater doesn't makes a statement like that and say he has a solid source without being able to back his statement up.

How do you know this to be true?  Oh, I forgot.  That's where you get all your sports news.  My bad.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

hog911

Quote from: HogPharmer on December 08, 2017, 05:46:42 pm
I'd like to meet Randy Rainwater at the Alma Sonic.
I passed by that a few weeks back and couldn't stop laughing!

Dominicanhog

Quote from: hog_fan on December 08, 2017, 05:55:34 pm
With him saying best dc, he has someone in mind he thinks he can get. Sure Brent is unlikely, but that doesn't mean he can't try. If he can get it approved throw 1.75 at him for 3 years fully guranteed. They would need to make him highest paid assistant in the country.

isn't he already $1.7 ...doubt another 50k does much..

hamsam

Quote from: CaliforniaHawg on December 08, 2017, 05:52:58 pm
Money?

He's got that. Maybe to do something that hasn't been done. Maybe he ain't scared of a challenge like Gussy Britches was!!
"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

HamGrowsOnTrees

We are just getting a cat that didn't land a Hc job a raise. Learn from history people.

We are jusT getting someone else a raise. But you guys run with this. I guess I'll just be on this side of the screen chuckling.

pghawg1

I wished he would come just  to hear what Finebaum and the rest of the Alabama TV  Network would  say.  :) :)

Wildhog

Quote from: HamGrowsOnTrees on December 08, 2017, 05:59:56 pm
We are just getting a cat that didn't land a Hc job a raise. Learn from history people.

We are jusT getting someone else a raise. But you guys run with this. I guess I'll just be on this side of the screen chuckling.

Honestly.
1909/1964/1965/1977

GuvHog

Quote from: Wayne Watson on December 08, 2017, 05:57:49 pm
How do you know this to be true?  Oh, I forgot.  That's where you get all your sports news.  My bad.

I used to be a regular listener and caller on that show but I rarely listen anymore. I get better information here.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on December 08, 2017, 05:46:54 pm
When the beautiful and talented Rick Schaeffer says it's so I'll believe it.  Not a moment before.
Oh, you mean Mr. "Sunshine Pumper and Rainbow Spouter" Rick of Hooter Nutt days ??? :-X

OneTuskOverTheLine™

If so I wish people in the know would shut up about who, and just say we have a good one being finalized. Don't get blamed for Clemson not playing up to snuff...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

hog911

Quote from: ricepig on December 08, 2017, 05:51:18 pm
well he did leave Oklahoma who was a top five program at the time to go to maybe top 25 Clemson at the time!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: GuvHog on December 08, 2017, 06:00:41 pm
I used to be a regular listener and caller on that show but I rarely listen anymore. I get better information here.
WOW! IF you actually get better info on here then apparently the folks who were running the propaganda department when Saddam Hussein was in power have apparently found a new gig here in Little Rock ;)

CaliforniaHawg

Quote from: HamGrowsOnTrees on December 08, 2017, 05:59:56 pm

Venables got a raise last year and is currently the second highest-paid assistant in the country. He's coaching a top defense for a Final Four team. He doesn't need Arkansas for leverage to get a raise.

We can bump him up from $1.7M to $2M+, and he and Morris combined is still cheaper than what Clemson is paying JUST for Dabo.

Not to mention Clemson's OC just won the Broyles Award and he too will be in line for a raise.

So the question is - how much is Clemson willing to pay to keep him and that staff together?

RockyMtnHog

This has been a crazy football season.  If he did come it would not be until the CFP is over.  I am sure that we would be fine with that.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"