Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Get behind Morris or get out for good.

Started by BigK_HogHeaven, December 05, 2017, 04:27:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

supersaint

There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: mhsbc59 on December 05, 2017, 05:01:02 pm
I know all of this I have even heard the man speak at the Nike coaching clinic in Tunica this passed spring. He is a good small time coach he can not nor will not succeed in the lime light.  He is a yes man

Aren't you a small time small town coach? I'm betting his high school record is better than yours and he worked his way up into the college ranks.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

jvanhorn

Quote from: BigK_HogHeaven on December 05, 2017, 04:27:30 pm
He's not my first, second, or third choice, but IF he's the guy then he's a Razorback and deserves our support.  Give the guy a chance.  If you don't want to support him then you don't support the Hogs and you should trade your Hog gear in for something else. Don't be like Tennessee fans. You'll embarrass the entire state in the process.

It would take a lot to embarrass this state about anything.

Uncommon

PurpleBullHog

Let's get something straight, nobody deserves my or anyone else's support just for putting the razorback polo on. You have to earn that. Some candidates have a track record that has earned my respect. Others do not.

What Morris does have is an opportunity. He gets the shot to turn around the worst program in the best division in the country. He may not be a big name guy, but he has a chance to go toe to toe with Saban, Fisher, and Malzahn every year. If he's a good coach, we'll find out pretty quick.

I willl give him this. He has the courage to take advantage of his opportunity. That's more than a lot of folks can say. That's more than Chip Kelly can say right now.

mhsbc59

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 05, 2017, 05:08:23 pm
Aren't you a small time small town coach? I'm betting his high school record is better than yours and he worked his way up into the college ranks.
I am a small time high school coach I'm not ashamed of it.  What I'm not is a yes man. I have never played the political game and if u can rise from high school coach to SEC you can kiss butt like not many can
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

supersaint

There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

Philip Seaton

Quote from: BigK_HogHeaven on December 05, 2017, 04:45:54 pm
You people are ridiculous. Have you done zero research on the guy?

Look beyond his 14-22 record.  He inherited a 1-11 team.

Ridiculous is complaining that everyone who doesn't like the hire are somehow crazy. He inherited a team that was two years removed from a bowl game and followed that with a 5-7 mark before the 1-11. He is also the same coach that is 4 points or less away from losing to two 3-9 teams and a 2-10 team this season. So if you want to pump sunshine, great your right. But don't bemoan others who don't share you enthusiasm for this hire. There are plenty that don't.

jgcat4

I feel like I bought cocaine but when I chopped it up I snorted baking powder.
Coaching Search Season-It's the most wonderful time of the year...

WestMemphisHog

eric_mullins34

Quote from: TexasHog on December 05, 2017, 04:35:38 pm
[gifv]https://i.imgur.com/D0qSwqt.mp4[/gifv]
Thank you for this. I literally laughed out loud for a solid minute. Definitely needed that after hearing this news...
Calling the Hogs from NEA!

Hogtrillian

Completely agree, he's our coach now and I think the administration made a great choice. You people would complain if we hired Nick Saban, smdh, flat out embarrassing.

runninghog

Quote from: Piggie on December 05, 2017, 04:38:23 pm
If he turns out to be any good, A&M will eventually grow weary of Jimbo and hire Morris away from us. If he sucks, he will remain a Hog. If he's great, he is destined to become an Aggie.....or maybe follow Dabo at Clemson after Dabo takes over at Alabama when Saban retires or defects back to the NFL. So sad.....

Don't forget...Sexton is his agent.  If he does turn things around, then Sexton will use the aTm threat to get at least one overwhelming extension from us.  Just like he did to Auburn this year.

wachhog

Quote from: Hoggin in NYC on December 05, 2017, 04:35:18 pm

based on what? Please tell and don't quote the local media that has been told to shovel it on us.

Someone please enlighten me on what makes Morris such a  great hire.  other than he said yes. 
Everybody else but Horton said no? Heck, even Tim may have said no. Bielema turned us into a "career killer." Everyone's forgotten by now that Bobby won. Thanks, Judas Long.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: mhsbc59 on December 05, 2017, 07:25:56 pm
I am a small time high school coach I'm not ashamed of it.  What I'm not is a yes man. I have never played the political game and if u can rise from high school coach to SEC you can kiss butt like not many can

Except he didn't have to kiss butt to go up the chain and therefore he isn't a "yes man". He didn't go directly from high school to the SEC. He worked his way up via Tulsa OC, Clemson OC and then SMU HC. Nothing about that says "yes man".
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Let's make some waves.

East Clintwood

He's not my first, second, or third choice, but IF he's the guy then he's a Razorback and deserves our support.  Give the guy a chance.  If you don't want to support him then you don't support the Hogs and you should trade your Hog gear in for something else. Don't be like Tennessee fans. You'll embarrass the entire state in the process.

Well, he is my 3rd choice and I'll support him but screw you.

I'm still upset we didn't hire Norvell.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

East Clintwood

Quote from: SoonerBaHog on December 05, 2017, 04:44:18 pm
And just where in the he!! am I suppose to go?

To any other team other than BigK's team.

He won't allow you to be a fan of "his" team.

East Clintwood

Quote from: hoginla on December 05, 2017, 04:45:17 pm
This thread reminds me of grade school......

Some people peaked in grade school.  It's been a slow burn ever since.

DeltaBoy

Amen.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

bigred223

Quote from: colt-45 on December 05, 2017, 04:35:07 pm
14-22 while playing in the aac and this guy is gonna take us to the next level?

Throwing out a record without any context of the situation he inherited there is lazy and idiotic.

East Clintwood

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 05, 2017, 04:58:12 pm
I bet Jeffie and Bert are laughing their a$$e$ off right now.

They're sitting on a great big pile of millions of our dollars

They're laughing their butts off at us no matter who we hire.

farmhawg

Keep trolling.....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Locutus_of_Boar

Thirty-two head coaches have taken the Arkansas job since 1894.

Thirty-one of them did not reach retirement in Fayetteville.

Nearly all of them had an interesting fate but it wasn't to outlast the Arkansas fans:

1894–1896 John C. Futrall Professor of Latin, President of UofA
1897–1898 B. N. Wilson Professor of Mechanical Engineering
1899–1900 Colbert Searles Professor of Romance Languages
1901–1902 Charles Thomas Unknown
1903 D. A. McDaniel Lawyer, Waco, Texas
1904–1905 A. D. Brown Lawyer, Syracuse, N.Y.
1906–1907 Frank Longman Head Coach Notre Dame
1908–1912 Hugo Bezdek Head Coach, Oregon and Peen State CFB HOF
1913–1914 Earle T. Pickering Head Coach St. Thomas of Minnesota
1915–1916 T. T. McConnell AD at Drury College, Mo.
1917–1918 Norman C. Paine Head Coach, Iowa State
1919 James B. Craig AD at Arkansas 1919=1920
1920–1921 George McLaren HC at Cincinnati and Wyoming
1922–1928 Francis Schmidt HC at TCU and Ohio State CFB HOF
1929–1941 Fred Thomsen WWII and HC Missouri State
1942 George Cole WWII and AD at Arkansas 1970-1976
1943 John Tomlin Unknown
1944–1945 Glen Rose Basketball Coach SFA and Arkansas
1946–1949 John Barnhill AD at Arkansas to 1970
1950–1952 Otis Douglas assistant coach Baltimore Colts and MLB Cincinnati Reds
1953–1954 Bowden Wyatt HC Tennessee CFB HOF
1955–1957 Jack Mitchell HC Kansas
1958–1976 Frank Broyles AD Arkansas CFB HOF
1977–1983 Lou Holtz HC Minn., Notre Dame, USCe, CFB HOF
1984–1989 Ken Hatfield HC Clemson and Rice
1990–1992 Jack Crowe HC Jacksonville St.
1992 Joe Kines assistant coach at several SEC programs
1993–1997 Danny Ford Retired to farming CFB HOF
1998–2007 Houston Nutt HC Mississippi
2007 Reggie Herring DC Texas A&M, NFL assistant
2008–2011 Bobby Petrino HC Western Kentucky, Louisville
2012 John L. Smith HC Fort Lewis and Kentucky State
2013–2017 Bret Bielema TBD