Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Florida Loses Again?

Started by Fan701, December 05, 2017, 05:08:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Fan701

December 05, 2017, 05:08:03 am Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 08:56:56 pm by Fan701
In the PK80 Florida went blow for blow with Duke down to the buzzer.  Then they get blown out on their home court by FSU.  I didn't see that one coming, but as I guess we know from our Houston experience basketball teams can have off nights -way off.

bigred223

It's college basketball and most teams have nights like we did against Houston.

King Kong

They have good but streaky shooters

Breems

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Chief_Osceola

FSU has a pretty good team this year.  Right now, they own Florida in everything but baseball.  Four in a row in basketball and five in a row in football.

Fan701

Florida loses at home to Loyola-Chicago. Vandy loses at home to Middle Tennessee.  I thought the SEC had turned the corner this year, but this combined with our blow-out at Houston is making me wonder.

BannerMountainMan

Alabama only beating Rhode Island by 2 with 15 seconds left
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

BannerMountainMan

Now Kansas bout to lose to a mediocre Washington team at home. Home losses are thought of on the committee a lot more than Road losses
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

ShadowHawg

Florida is terrible defensively. They can score but have to at a high level every night or they can get beat by anyone.

Said it the first week of the season, the Gators are not a top 10 team until they start working on the defensive end.

Fan701

Quote from: ShadowHawg on December 06, 2017, 10:00:49 pm
Florida is terrible defensively. They can score but have to at a high level every night or they can get beat by anyone.

Said it the first week of the season, the Gators are not a top 10 team until they start working on the defensive end.
It might have been more their offense.  When you hold the other team to 65 points on your home court, you should usually win.  I see that KeVaughn Allen is hitting only 30% of his threes this year and only 35% of his shots over all.  He didn't start last night. He was pre-season all-conference.

Biggus Piggus

You saw what the Hogs did at Houston. A lot of teams are having trouble sustaining a high level of play.
[CENSORED]!

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Fan701 on December 07, 2017, 05:25:20 am
It might have been more their offense.  When you hold the other team to 65 points on your home court, you should usually win.  I see that KeVaughn Allen is hitting only 30% of his threes this year and only 35% of his shots over all.  He didn't start last night. He was pre-season all-conference.

If the only thing you see is the score, then that is what you will think.

If you watch them play, you will notice how easy the other team gets in the paint with the dribble or pass. If they aren't hitting, then they are in a dog fight even with teams of much less talent like las night. They nearly lost to New Hampshire a well.

They are trying to outscore everyone instead of shutting them down so when the offense can't be average, it has to be clicking or they are in trouble.

The Hogfather

Kevaugn Allen is a large net negative for the Gators.  Shooting 35% and 30% from 3, yet still shooting 11 times a game, including 6 3s per game.  He leads to a lot of empty possessions for them.  In this game, he was 3-11 and 1-5 from 3, with a 2 assists, 2 turnovers, 3 steals, and 2 fouls in 34 minutes.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: The Hogfather on December 07, 2017, 08:21:49 am
Kevaugn Allen is a large net negative for the Gators.  Shooting 35% and 30% from 3, yet still shooting 11 times a game, including 6 3s per game.  He leads to a lot of empty possessions for them.  In this game, he was 3-11 and 1-5 from 3, with a 2 assists, 2 turnovers, 3 steals, and 2 fouls in 34 minutes.

He'll play lights out against us. That's his championship game every year. Then, he will come back to earth.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Fan701

Quote from: FineAsSwine on December 07, 2017, 08:44:14 am
He'll play lights out against us. That's his championship game every year. Then, he will come back to earth.
You may be right, but so far his shooting stats are off from a year ago.  A shooting guard hitting only 30% of his threes can hurt you.  We haven't won in Gainesville in over twenty years.  It would be nice to do.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Fan701 on December 07, 2017, 08:51:15 am
You may be right, but so far his shooting stats are off from a year ago.  A shooting guard hitting only 30% of his threes can hurt you.  We haven't won in Gainesville in over twenty years.  It would be nice to do.

I really want a win over the Florida Haters this year. Would be awesome to beat them and UK both in conference play and then again in the SEC tournament. We have a team that could do that this year.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Wisco Pig

Quote from: ShadowHawg on December 07, 2017, 08:02:35 am
If you watch them play, you will notice how easy the other team gets in the paint with the dribble or pass. If they aren't hitting, then they are in a dog fight even with teams of much less talent like last night. They nearly lost to New Hampshire as well.

I've seen Florida only once this year, and that was Monday night against FSU.   ShadowHawg is right; the Seminoles (especially Terance Mann) got to the rim time after time and made it look easy. 

Also, Loyola beat Florida without their starting point guard, Ben Richardson, who broke his hand last month.  If the Gators lose to Cincinnati this weekend, they'll fall out of the Top 25 altogether.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Wisco Pig on December 07, 2017, 12:23:27 pm
I've seen Florida only once this year, and that was Monday night against FSU.   ShadowHawg is right; the Seminoles (especially Terance Mann) got to the rim time after time and made it look easy. 

Also, Loyola beat Florida without their starting point guard, Ben Richardson, who broke his hand last month.  If the Gators lose to Cincinnati this weekend, they'll fall out of the Top 25 altogether.
they need to be out already

masbas3

Quote from: The Hogfather on December 07, 2017, 08:21:49 am

It seems as though Allen has been with Florida for 10 years.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: masbas3 on December 08, 2017, 05:05:56 am

It seems as though Allen has been with Florida for 10 years.

It will seem like 15 years next year. It's like living in dog years.
Hogs up! Covid down!