Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It’s Going To Be Norvell

Started by billmontgomery10, December 05, 2017, 09:31:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Dropkick on December 05, 2017, 10:25:17 am
Are you as sure about this as you were about UCF blowing out Memphis Saturday?
UCF won. Morris will be hired by Ark.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HoggieStyle

Quote from: rzrbksnvryld on December 05, 2017, 10:14:10 am
Saw a report about Todd Graham... possibility?

Hope not. I know some people that worked with him in the athletic dept. at Tulsa. Not one complimentary thing to say about the guy.

PonderinHog

Quote from: HogCzar1 on December 05, 2017, 10:28:32 am
Substantial and would be a stumbling block IMHO.
Lifetime supply of Petit Jean Meats ???

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: TexasRazorback on December 05, 2017, 09:59:09 am
Couldnt Disagree more. Norvell is not ready and should not be considered. He is a last resort
Norvell is off the list.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

GuvHog

Quote from: HoginMemphis on December 05, 2017, 10:29:49 am
Norvell is off the list.

No he is not. Mike Irwin stated last night in the Pig Trail Nation that he is still being considered.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: GuvHog on December 05, 2017, 10:31:42 am
No he is not. Mike Irwin stated last night in the Pig Trail Nation that he is still being considered.
Mike is getting his info from....whom? He is being misled. Or guessing.

PS: Wally knows a LOT more than Mike.

Dropkick

Quote from: HoginMemphis on December 05, 2017, 10:28:50 am
UCF won. Morris will be hired by Ark.
Your exact words...................

"UCF ripped Memphis a new one in the regular season, 40-13. This game will be similar. In other words, a 27 or so point differential. "

Dropkick

Quote from: HoginMemphis on December 05, 2017, 10:34:47 am
Mike is getting his info from....whom? He is being misled. Or guessing.
You are getting your info from whom? Maybe you are being misled, maybe not.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Dropkick on December 05, 2017, 10:36:09 am
You are getting your unfo from whom? Maybe you are being misled, maybe not.
People in LR. Local business leader.

lumphog

If we pass on Norvell, it's gonna be Jimmy Johnson 2

Dropkick

Quote from: HoginMemphis on December 05, 2017, 10:37:18 am
People in LR. Local business leader.
Could be accurate. Who do you prefer as new HC, if I might ask?

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Dropkick on December 05, 2017, 10:39:29 am
Could be accurate. Who do you prefer as new HC, if I might ask?
Morris, for multiple reasons, over anyone else left.  But either Morris or Norvell or Kiffin or Venables is taking a gamble. And Leach has proven to me that he could not make it in the SEC. So I can't imagine U of A really considering him even if they have granted him an interview.

ElDawgHawg

safe to say Arkansas media guys are not connected.  None have inside info.  translation.... we know nothing as a result.

Took a national media guy to break that we interviewed Leach.  GOBN has no media friends.  BOT has even less.
#WPS

Fan1958

Quote from: Bret Squealema on December 05, 2017, 10:25:57 am
What's the buyout on his Harp's contract?

Ha.  The only response understanding the post was sarcasm and that it's as valid as all the other crap being thrown around here.
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

LumberBacks

Quote from: JonesboroHog68 on December 05, 2017, 09:35:12 am
If was going to be Norvell you have to believe that it would have been a done deal by now.
Except that Jimmy Sexton is his agent and he is still on the mic at his auction house.  Unfortunately, he has so much control by representing some of the best coaches in CFA.  The more he represents, the more power he has.  It wasn't so long ago that he just represented a handful of SEC coaches.

billmontgomery10

Quote from: S.A.D.C on December 05, 2017, 09:46:35 am
Anyone ever stop and wonder why Norvell hasn't been hired yet?  Not just by us but by anyone?  Why is his name kinda fading out of a lot of these searches?  Seems like something is off...

I think Norvell is happy at Memphis and his players love him. There is a loyalty to the city and school there and I think most schools know if he is going anywhere, it's to Arkansas.

ElDawgHawg

Part of why this search is going so slow is that someone on the hill has to know Norvell will still be there even if we shoot for a homerun and it doesn't happen. 
I'd say with each passing hour the odds of Norvell or Morris keep going up.
#WPS

billmontgomery10

Quote from: TexasRazorback on December 05, 2017, 09:59:09 am
Couldnt Disagree more. Norvell is not ready and should not be considered. He is a last resort

Not ready?? As offensive coordinator he made Tulsa, Pittsburg and Arizona State bowl teams when all three were down before he arrived. In two years he has made Memphis a Top 20 team and his team won their bowl game last year.

As one poster said on here, if you pass on Norvell, it will come back to haunt you, just like Frank thumbing his nose at Jimmy Johnson.

Redhogs

Quote from: Dropkick on December 05, 2017, 10:35:05 am
Your exact words...................

"UCF ripped Memphis a new one in the regular season, 40-13. This game will be similar. In other words, a 27 or so point differential. "
Don't waste your time..he been trolling here for weeks..either he is a MN hater or a Memphis fan that does not want to see him leave, not sure which, in any case he knows nothing.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Redhogs

Quote from: billmontgomery10 on December 05, 2017, 11:05:52 am
Not ready?? As offensive coordinator he made Tulsa, Pittsburg and Arizona State bowl teams when all three were down before he arrived. In two years he has made Memphis a Top 20 team and his team won their bowl game last year.

As one poster said on here, if you pass on Norvell, it will come back to haunt you, just like Frank thumbing his nose at Jimmy Johnson.
Quit making truthful, common sense posts!! ;) ;)
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

billmontgomery10

Quote from: HoggieStyle on December 05, 2017, 10:29:29 am
Hope not. I know some people that worked with him in the athletic dept. at Tulsa. Not one complimentary thing to say about the guy.

Todd Graham was a "hot" coach when he had Norvell as his offensive coordinator. Moving up from job to job and having success wherever he went. When Mike left to take over the Memphis job two years ago, Arizona State spiraled down and Graham was fired.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: billmontgomery10 on December 05, 2017, 09:31:24 am
If he wants it. I think Morris is the backup plan. Venable isn't coming, Kiffin is a pipe dream. It won't be Horton or Strong or Leach. If Norvell is going anywhere it's Arkansas. Arkansas ties, great offensive mind. Aggressive recruiter. Solid family and friends.
I'm not on the Committee not friends with the new AD. Just my opinion based on everything I've heard. He'll bring in a DC and hit the ground recruiting. Plus he won't bail on the State in a couple of years. We'll be lucky to get him.
Get it done!
You sure nailed it.

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: HoginMemphis on December 05, 2017, 07:50:09 pm
You sure nailed it.

And all you've done this whole time is look like an idiot.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on December 05, 2017, 08:20:42 pm
And all you've done this whole time is look like an idiot.
You do not understand the meaning of "idiot" then. I've been telling everyone here it would be Morris since Gus renewed with Auburn. Most of you were calling me an idiot then. Understand the process and the viability of the candidates is sort of key to knowing who would get the job. Most of you are incapable of following along. It's lack of education, it's lack of IQ, it's too much liquor and/or drugs. Maybe a combo of all of that.