Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OUR NEW HEAD COACH IS...

Started by Razorback_2007, December 04, 2017, 02:47:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorback_2007

I've liked Norvell from the beginning, but this is probably who we're getting. He wasn't even on my top 5 list but maybe if hired he can get it done, supposed to be a great recruiter. WPS.

http://hitthatline.com/could-morris-be-next-choice-in-search-for-coach/
IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE ROAD YOUR LIFE IS ON...PAVE A NEW ONE

31to6

Quote from: Razorback_2007 on December 04, 2017, 02:47:59 pm
I've liked Norvell from the beginning, but this is probably who we're getting. He wasn't even on my top 5 list but maybe if hired he can get it done, supposed to be a great recruiter. WPS.

Based on what, exactly.

His record as a recruiter is uninspiring.

Razorback_2007

The Kig

Poker Porker

Razorback_2007

Tyro3

Maybe a good recruiter? lousy coach and poor record.

31to6

Quote from: Razorback_2007 on December 04, 2017, 02:51:33 pm
Read the attached article...
So he has a recruiting man-cave and he got one player who was rated well on one site?

Doesn't say "great recruiter".

At SMU, with 3 full years, his recruiting has been pretty much identical (7th-8th in the AAC) to their recruiting for the last forever. And this with all his alleged Texas ties.

The_Iceman

Looks like he is doing Well at SMU.

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 04, 2017, 03:07:38 pm

Two media shills talking it up cuz they have to

The real Hogules

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
JUST
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

HawgPound

OUR NEW COACH IS...   open link...   ..."probably going to be who we get"  This kind of stuff is not fun.

FATHAWG08

Wow, Impressive record at SMU I can see why now.
I love off season Football!!

Rudy Baylor

"supposed to be a great recruiter"

yeah, he's not - he's the opposite of a great recruiter

PORKULATOR

5 years ago we brought a coach here from a major conference w/double digit wins and it was total failure.
Now, we're bringing a in coach with a worse record from a smaller conference and expecting more.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

RazorChuck

The Kig

Quote from: PORKULATOR on December 04, 2017, 03:48:44 pm
5 years ago we brought a coach here from a major conference w/double digit wins and it was total failure.
Now, we're bringing a in coach with a worse record from a smaller conference and expecting more.

Guaranteed to excite the fanbase and definitely doing something different from the last time... must be the secret formula. 
Poker Porker

NotSoFastMyFriend

Rayzback

Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

klp1

pghawg1

Good thing Frank didn't look at Ken Hatfield 's record at Air Force or he wouldn't have hired him years ago.

Libertarian Hog

Are you saying we're getting Norvell as our next head coach?

Question with boldness even the existence of a God, for if there be one, he must more approve the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear. - Thomas Jeffersxon

tbhogfan

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on December 04, 2017, 03:39:59 pm

"supposed to be a great recruiter"

yeah, he's not - he's the opposite of a great recruiter
Lead recruiter for Deshaun Watson, Chad Kelly, and Shaq Lawson. 
Go Hogs!

PORKULATOR

A DRUNK. OUR NEW COACH IS A DRUNK.
At least he need be if he's gonna put up with the likes of us Hogville devils.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: The Kig on December 04, 2017, 03:57:36 pm
Guaranteed to excite the fanbase and definitely doing something different from the last time... must be the secret formula. 
Change is exciting, doesn't mean its always good. Certain hires are automatic turnovers, Morris is not.

Mike Irwin

It's possible that the new AD will be put in charge of this hire. You'd think he told them who he would look to and they hired him in part because of it.

Athog

Quote from: PORKULATOR on December 04, 2017, 04:37:54 pm

He will not give a **** what the people on Hogville think!!

HF#1

Quote from: Mike Irwin on December 04, 2017, 04:43:21 pm
It's possible that the new AD will be put in charge of this hire. You'd think he told them who he would look to and they hired him in part because of it.

I would think the process somewhat starts over. I'm sure he will consider who they have looked at so far and then add his own thoughts and opinions. Ultimately, it should be his hire.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

WPSALLDAY

JONAS

Quote from: pghawg1 on December 04, 2017, 04:14:00 pm
Good thing Frank didn't look at Ken Hatfield 's record at Air Force or he wouldn't have hired him years ago.

Should have hired Jimmy Johnson.

HawgTide

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 04, 2017, 03:07:38 pm

Don't shoot the messenger but SMU is set up for a big year next year.  They were really young this year. SMU returns 9 starters on Offense and 9 starters on Defense

duckman

I would have agreed this morning....

Now...  Not so much.

Lady Razorback

You are far too logical for this coaching search. 

Lady Razorback

Quote from: PORKULATOR on December 04, 2017, 04:37:54 pm

Do we need to tell him about Ben's Apartment?

Hog N Bama

Quote from: Lady Razorback on December 04, 2017, 05:52:01 pm
Do we need to tell him about Ben's Apartment?
I think Admin wants tbe AD to have skin in the HC hire.  Good move.. then I think it's Kiffin

Hoggie17

Quote from: HawgTide on December 04, 2017, 05:40:05 pm

Don't shoot the messenger but SMU is set up for a big year next year.  They were really young this year. SMU returns 9 starters on Offense and 9 starters on Defense
Chad Morris made contacts in Texas when he was high school coach.  If I am I am not mistaken all of the players on SMU team were recruited from Texas. I think he only recruits in Texas.  That's  why all the interest is in Chad Morris.

Lane Kiffin has made contacts from California to Fla.  One on One I think he can out recruit anyone.  Even though Morris has made contacts in Texas, Lane will recruit as well as Morris or better.  We need someone that can recruit in Louisiana .  LSU may have more pro football players than any other SEC school. Lane will work Louisiana and take many out of that state. 

Porkerpower

Oh heck, let's just go with whoever has the hottest wifey.

GuvHog

I still think Norvell will get the job but I wouldn't have a problem with Kiffin getting it.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

beachhawg

Quote from: Mike Irwin on December 04, 2017, 04:43:21 pm

I agree Mike

redeye

So should we hire another double digit win coach?

Who would that even be?

I'll laugh if Morris is hired and brings his good friend Venables with him.