Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Don't Panic

Started by BigK_HogHeaven, December 04, 2017, 08:53:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BigK_HogHeaven

Did anyone see how empty that arena was? Has to be hard to get up for a game like that. I'm not worried about the team. Still early in the season. To be honest I think we've probably got a few more duds up our sleeves before the end of the year. Not worried about it

HogFaninMemphis

well put. We're going to be a solid team, but we're not there yet.
I'm seeing something like 18-12 to 21-9 for this team.
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

HognitiveDissonance

We will win both games this week.

Pumbaa

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on December 04, 2017, 09:33:04 am
We will win both games this week.

Bold... Minnesota would be a solid win for us

Youngsta71701

Don't Panic...Dude you're talking about Hogville and Arkansas fans. No chance in hell.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Hawg Red

Beat Minnesota Saturday night and we'll forget all about this Houston loss. We're fine....for now. We can't win and shoot the ball that poorly and we won't shoot that poorly most games. Biggest thing in my view is getting Gafford up to speed on not fouling so much. Outside of that, it's just getting shots to fall. Everything is predicated on that.

Hawg Red

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: Hawg Red on December 04, 2017, 09:59:21 am
Beat Minnesota Saturday night and we'll forget all about this Houston loss. We're fine....for now. We can't win and shoot the ball that poorly and we won't shoot that poorly most games. Biggest thing in my view is getting Gafford up to speed on not fouling so much. Outside of that, it's just getting shots to fall. Everything is predicated on that.
No, I won't.
You can't gloss over problems.
When you get your pants pulled down by Houston, that's a problem. This problem comes up every year(road meltdown). Why do we have games like that? Can't we just play hard and compete and lose honorably? Why do we have to be completely undressed at least once a season? Do we ever learn anything? It's hard for the pollsters and national media types to fully respect this program when you get beat like that. Get beat to a hot-shooting team, people like that will say hey, happens all the time. But get demolished, that's a different look and leads to lack of respect.

But I do think we'll beat Minnesota and get back on track, as far as that goes.

Razorod

Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

BannerMountainMan

"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Johnny Bobo

jm

Both losses are concerning. With a large number of upperclassmen there is no excuse for being that unprepared. We are just not as good as I had hoped. It will still be a fun year but we are not a top team.

Tuskya

I like this team, but...

Others receiving votes: Texas Tech 82, UCLA 75, Rhode Island 73, Creighton 53, Louisville 50, Texas 32, Alabama 21, SMU 15, Mississippi St. 11, Kansas St 10, Arizona 10, Washington St 9, Georgia 9, Oklahoma 7, Providence 6, Florida St. 6, Clemson 5, Valparaiso 5, Georgetown 4, Texas-Arlington 3, Oklahoma St. 3, Western Kentucky 2, Towson 1.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: jm on December 04, 2017, 08:34:18 pm
Both losses are concerning. With a large number of upperclassmen there is no excuse for being that unprepared. We are just not as good as I had hoped. It will still be a fun year but we are not a top team.

#5 Florida got blown out ar home by an unranked team, do you think that is worse than our loss on the road to Houston?
Hogs up! Covid down!