Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What was the deal breaker?

Started by BartIV, December 03, 2017, 10:28:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RebelliousHog

Quote from: BartIV on December 03, 2017, 10:28:46 pm
Is it possible that Gus could have requested that Arkansas play Arkansas State in his deal? And of course Arkansas said no do to policy. Gus has connection with A-State. He used it to see what leverage he had with Arkansas. But Arkansas said screw it, we got someone else on the back burner.
1,2,3, lets get it on!

Quote from: BartIV on December 03, 2017, 10:41:12 pm
Not a troll. Been a hog fan since the 80s. Just making light conversation, but y'all must get offended easily.

Deal breaker?  I am sorry to say this but this is typical for Gus lovers. He couldn't be HIS fault, it had to OUR fault. He WANTED to come here, but WE stopped him.

Gus is a slimy bastage that used us to get a raise. Not that it will help. Next weak season and he'll be gone anyway.

As to your second quote. Offended? I think being used and abused by the POS is enough to get mildly upset.

For the record, I told y'all he wasn't coming and he was a slimeball.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

havok

The deal breaker was the fact that Gus had no intention of leaving.  He and Sexton used the hopes and dreams of several "Pro-Gus" power players who were getting whispers behind the scenes, to drive Auburn hard to the negotiating table out of a sense of concern that he was serious.

The same thing happened with the Nebraska plane on the tar-mac in Fayetteville when the Dork was playing the game to get money/time out of Ark. 

This happens all over the country, with several coaches...it just seems like no one calls the Bluff, and gets pressured to give in.

I am waiting to see those around Gus/ Family/friends...  to go onto twitter and start complaining of Treatment at Auburn next year or two when they start the "replace him rumblings" that happen every 2 or 3 games...  It's going to get entertaining, and poor ole Gus fired his one shot into the ground..and will be left holding a power/leverage gun with an empty chamber.

FANONTHEHILL

Every domino that needed to fall for Malzahn to come to Arkansas fell.  He chose to stay where he was in a place with great tradition and a fertile recruiting base.  If you look at the entire situation without your "Razorback bias", Malzahn made a smart business and professional decision.   I would have liked to have him here, but that's life.  Move on. 
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

secfan30

Quote from: Boarme on December 03, 2017, 11:03:38 pm
  It was not meddling.  Auburn makes Arkansas look like rank amateurs with regards to meddling.  It was GM.    If someone shows you or tells you what they are believe them.  Gus showed everyone today that it is about Gus not Arkansas at all.

He always has been. In that regard he is just like Nutt. I hope now all of his cult followers see he does not care about them, or Arkansas.

bphi11ips

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on December 04, 2017, 07:50:16 am
Every domino that needed to fall for Malzahn to come to Arkansas fell.  He chose to stay where he was in a place with great tradition and a fertile recruiting base.  If you look at the entire situation without your "Razorback bias", Malzahn made a smart business and professional decision.   I would have liked to have him here, but that's life.  Move on. 

Exactly.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

bob slydell

Quote from: BartIV on December 03, 2017, 10:41:12 pm
Not a troll. Been a hog fan since the 80s. Just making light conversation, but y'all must get offended easily.

Trolling has nothing to do with your longevity on here. 

"In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion,[3] often for the troll's amusement."

Does any of the above resemble the OP?
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

Redhogs

Quote from: HenduHog on December 04, 2017, 07:48:28 am

Deal breaker?  I am sorry to say this but this is typical for Gus lovers. He couldn't be HIS fault, it had to OUR fault. He WANTED to come here, but WE stopped him.

Gus is a slimy bastage that used us to get a raise. Not that it will help. Next weak season and he'll be gone anyway.

As to your second quote. Offended? I think being used and abused by the POS is enough to get mildly upset.

For the record, I told y'all he wasn't coming and he was a slimeball.
Ding, ding, ding....we have a winner. For the Gus lovers it's like being in an abusive relationship, they just can't get out or get enough.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

bob slydell

I agree.  This should resoundingly close the door on future discussion.  The Gus faction should realize we gave it a good faith effort and he still chose to not come.  Time to move on.
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: BartIV on December 03, 2017, 10:28:46 pm
Is it possible that Gus could have requested that Arkansas play Arkansas State in his deal? And of course Arkansas said no do to policy. Gus has connection with A-State. He used it to see what leverage he had with Arkansas. But Arkansas said screw it, we got someone else on the back burner.
1,2,3, lets get it on!
And why would Gus give two sheets about the Hogs playing ASWho ??? I realize he was the wolfies head coach at one time, however, IF he was ever serious about coming back to NWA I can PROMISE you that issue wouldn't have ever entered into the discussions. Ridiculous to even hint at such.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: jgphillips3 on December 03, 2017, 10:31:55 pm
The deal breaker was he was no longer in danger of being fired.  That's all.
Bingo! It would have been fascinating to be able to go back, change the outcome of the Iron Bowl and see what the overall mood and attitude of most AWbarn fans would have been toward Gus. Yep, his winning that particular game and being able to play of for the SECC went a long way to (temporarily) calming the waters down in Opelika land.

He very likely only won himself a temporary reprieve until next season. He had better be able to deliver again next year or else I suspect it highly likely the pitchforks and far and feathers will be out again at some point.

"Pickled" Pig's Pete

No, not every domino fell.  Auburn beat Georgia and Alabama.  Had Auburn lost one or both of those games, Gus would be coaching here, most likely at less than 6 to 7 million per season.  Those wins were enough to get Gus more time and more money at Auburn.

Quote from: salebow on November 27, 2011, 08:39:55 pm
It made be a forum, but spelling and punctuation tell a lot about a person. Also, I usually post from my iPhone, too. I don't have a problem with using good spelling and punctuation.