Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

There's been a load of compromisin'

Started by Porked Tongue, November 29, 2017, 08:48:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawaiianhogster

Guys there is no head coach as of yet. Why get all riled up over nothing when nothing has happened? Let it all play out. Then once the head coach is announced then you can get all uppity and vent your frustration about the head coach for real.

hoglady

Quote from: online-with-swine on November 30, 2017, 03:47:01 pm
Well, then what about Kiffin?  He may have had the most impressive turn around.

I'm all for Kiffin.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

PorkSoda

Quote from: hoglady on November 30, 2017, 11:21:17 pm
I'm all for Kiffin.

Verb[edit]
Kiffin (third-person singular simple present kifft, past tense kiffte, past participle gekifft, auxiliary haben)

1.  to smoke marijuana

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Kiffin
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

jcbville

"And it was by this point that everyone knew he was talking out his..."

Some want Norvell, some want Kiffin. So we hire Morris. Makes sense.

JOKERHOG

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on November 29, 2017, 09:41:00 pm
Only at Arkansas would you fire a head coach for a losing record and then hire a coach with a losing record. Lol smh!

Maybe Tenner
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

ShadowHawg

Quote from: S.A.D.C on November 29, 2017, 09:54:04 pm
Only on Hogville would a reply this out of context be given any consideration.  SMH

It's exactly what happened when we hired Nutt.

EastTexasHog

elkhog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 30, 2017, 07:26:29 am
This will be a much better place to read good commentary and have civil discussions when all these hillbillies leave. I can't wait. Morris will average 7-8 wins here. Considering we've hit about 45% since joining the SEC, I welcome the improvement. It's a good time to be a hog fan.

Sounds like a return to mediocrity to me.
GO HOGS!!!

longtimeHogfan

So what happened overnight?  Now there's no AD, no coach, no plan 'B'?  Slipping down to plan 'C' or 'D'?  I thought Gus was dying for his 'dream job' and ready to bolt Auburn?  Gragg was a shoe-in for AD.  They knew and liked each other....a package deal....gone?  Done?  Over?   

We're Arkansas, it's the best we can do....settling.  Crap.
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

hogcards

Quote from: Pig In The City on November 29, 2017, 09:25:50 pm
I will support any of the coaches that have been mentioned ad nauseum. However, I would prefer a coach who already has experience. That is not to say that we might catch lightning in a bottle. I just don't believe we are in a great position to roll those dice. Another five years like the last and this program is toast.

I will as well, but I want to see results right away.  We've been told for the past year that our next coach will not experience the same trouble Bielema did, because the foundation has been built. 
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

hogcards

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on December 03, 2017, 08:56:24 am
So what happened overnight?  Now there's no AD, no coach, no plan 'B'?  Slipping down to plan 'C' or 'D'?  I thought Gus was dying for his 'dream job' and ready to bolt Auburn?  Gragg was a shoe-in for AD.  They knew and liked each other....a package deal....gone?  Done?  Over?   

We're Arkansas, it's the best we can do....settling.  Crap.

It'll be Malzahn. 
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

rude1

The only thing certain around here is no matter who  is named HC there are fans lined up against him before he blows his first practice whistle. Many fans have bought into "their" candidate or candidates, and anything other than that there are threats to move their fandom and or money elsewhere. College football hires are the best for entertainment, as unrealistic fans line up believing their program should simply be able to walk up and get whomever they want, because they have the best situation ever.