Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So what is the excuse going to be when

Started by Phil D, December 02, 2017, 07:11:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil D

Gus still doesn't accept the position as our new head coach. I'm sure the insiders saw this coming earlier but couldn't say anything lol
GO HOGS!!!!!!

ShilohTreyDad#67

Quote from: Phil D on December 02, 2017, 07:11:11 pm
Gus still doesn't accept the position as our new head coach. I'm sure the insiders saw this coming earlier but couldn't say anything lol
[/quote
He may not or never was offered.

Kevin

Just means he wanted the job when he thought he would be fired.  But really wanted to stay at auburn with a new contract
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

(notOM)Rebel123

Well, many of us have stated from the beginning that the job was Gus's until he turned it down. Never said he would or would not accept....only that he was offered first shot at it. If he turns it down, they move on to Plan B. No excuses.
But there were some that said he was coming for sure...not sure what they will say.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

goodguytex

I would hope if he still doesn't come that all the Gus cultists around here will get their eyes off Gus and back on Razorback football. We all need to unite behind our new HC, give him a chance to succeed. Quit following and lusting over a coach leading a division rival.

Boardon Hamsay

Gus changed his mind at the end. Couldn't be foreseen....
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

Swinefeld

HOGSWEAT

Why does there have to be an excuse? Even John madden would tell you, if he doesn't come here, it's because he decided to stay there

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: AR Taco04 on December 02, 2017, 07:22:52 pm
Why does there have to be an excuse? Even John madden would tell you, if he doesn't come here, it's because he decided to stay there

Oh no...that makes way too much sense for many on HV.
There s always some conspiracy

Hawg Life

We got SEXTON'ED!!!

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Hawg Life on December 02, 2017, 07:24:40 pm
We got SEXTON'ED!!!

Sexton's job is to get the best deal for his clients. The schools are the customers. He has the product. If you want his product, you pay want he wants. If not, you won't get it. Pretty simple. Nobody got "anything'ed".
Some you get...some you don't...It's just the way the game is played.

Cylinder

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on December 02, 2017, 07:13:41 pm
Well, many of us have stated from the beginning that the job was Gus's until he turned it down. Never said he would or would not accept....only that he was offered first shot at it. If he turns it down, they move on to Plan B. No excuses.
But there were some that said he was coming for sure...not sure what they will say.

Offer Gus, broker a Plan B.

Same as it always was.

JONAS

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Cylinder on December 02, 2017, 07:28:03 pm
Offer Gus, broker a Plan B.

Same as it always was.

Yep. Not hard to understand...for some. 😉

pghawg1

rljjr

VBMark

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on December 02, 2017, 07:14:06 pm
Gus changed his mind at the end. Couldn't be foreseen....

False. Many of us told HV that he wasn't coming the minute he beat Alabama.
John L. Smith is so bad that he will laugh himself off the field

BartIV

Can't say we didn't try.

apcapri

But this is his Dream Job. No way he just turns it down because he decided to stay there.

King Kong

pigmania

Quote from: JONAS on December 02, 2017, 07:29:36 pm
Who cares?  Hire Norvell.
You mean the coach whose defense couldn't shut down a junior high offense and who's offense would get creamed by a Bama, Aubbie and LSU defense, because Arky can't recruit very many quality players.

HogFansReunited

Pretty sure I have stuck with what I initially said but yes things change sometimes. I won't call out anyone that happen to be wrong because I've been wrong before. Hell, I might even be wrong now.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

woodrow hog call

Quote from: goodguytex on December 02, 2017, 07:14:03 pm
I would hope if he still doesn't come that all the Gus cultists around here will get their eyes off Gus and back on Razorback football. We all need to unite behind our new HC, give him a chance to succeed. Quit following and lusting over a coach leading a division rival.

I'm sure you'll be first in line to get behind Gus if he does take the job?
We need to unite right?

What some can't comprehend is, some of us were saying what we believe to happening, not necessarily what we wanted to happen.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

Hawg Life

Quote from: pigmania on December 02, 2017, 07:38:31 pm
You mean the coach whose defense couldn't shut down a junior high offense and who's offense would get creamed by a Bama, Aubbie and LSU defense, because Arky can't recruit very many quality players.

You do realize Memphis is a basketball school. He has probably 25% of the salary pool to hire assistants than we do if that much. Also, they have to move defense to offense in that conference. He's playing mostly freshmen and has 6 players out for the year on defense. Norvell just recruited their top class in the history of their program.

Cylinder

Quote from: apcapri on December 02, 2017, 07:37:16 pm
But this is his Dream Job. No way he just turns it down because he decided to stay there.

If Malzahn accepts, it won't be because of Arkansas being his dream job.

It will be because of Les Miles and Mark Richt.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: Hawg Life on December 02, 2017, 07:42:32 pm
You do realize Memphis is a basketball school. He has probably 25% of the salary pool to hire assistants than we do if that much. Also, they have to move defense to offense in that conference. He's playing mostly freshmen and has 6 players out for the year on defense. Norvell just recruited their top class in the history of their program.

It's not even worth arguing with some people man. Know when to ignore the trolls.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Hawg Life

Quote from: Cylinder on December 02, 2017, 07:43:52 pm
If Malzahn accepts, it won't be because of Arkansas being his dream job.

It will be because of Les Miles and Mark Richt.

He'll be fleeing expectations while expecting a huge salary and no pressure. When you make millions you have HIGH expectations. Gus will be 10X harder to fire than Nutt. Hard to have a great future looking living in the past.

King Kong

Quote from: Hawg Life on December 02, 2017, 08:08:31 pm
He'll be fleeing expectations while expecting a huge salary and no pressure. When you make millions you have HIGH expectations. Gus will be 10X harder to fire than Nutt. Hard to have a great future looking living in the past.

Dude was in a NC game and one game away. Maybe it is about the lack of respect Auburn has for him.

jgcat4

I want to know how all the Gus huggers are going to excuse him and say this is still his dream job and blah blah blah
Coaching Search Season-It's the most wonderful time of the year...

Cylinder

I'll admit that it's strange watching all the Bielemers in here talking smack.

Phil D

Quote from: Cylinder on December 02, 2017, 08:37:32 pm
Not a Bielimer Here. But I know there are absolutely no insiders on this board and I know Gus pulled this same crap 5 years ago. Some of you are either very young or very stupid.
GO HOGS!!!!!!

Chief Mac

Quote from: Cylinder on December 02, 2017, 08:37:32 pm

Nice Sq patch ya have there.  You currently assigned to 48 OSS?
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Al Boarland

Quote from: VBMark on December 02, 2017, 07:33:17 pm
False. Many of us told HV that he wasn't coming the minute he beat Alabama.

It was actually after he beat UGA.

Al Boarland

Quote from: Phil D on December 03, 2017, 02:30:06 am
Not a Bielimer Here. But I know there are absolutely no insiders on this board and I know Gus pulled this same crap 5 years ago. Some of you are either very young or very stupid.

I told everyone what was going on from the start. Many just refused to listen.

solitons

can he use that we don't have an AD yet?

I agreed with you, Gus is not coming

jimmur74

Do you really want to have A WAC offense
and no defense? Norvell isnt the Answer

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on December 03, 2017, 06:44:26 am
Spot on.

ricepig

Quote from: jimmur74 on December 03, 2017, 07:09:16 am
Do you really want to have A WAC offense
and no defense? Norvell isnt the Answer

Well, he prepared for an offense not as good, with a worse defense with Morris.....

Cylinder

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on December 03, 2017, 05:25:36 am
Nice Sq patch ya have there.  You currently assigned to 48 OSS?

Different lifetime, my friend. When I started, we were still TIS. Did you make it to the heath?

Chief Mac

Quote from: Cylinder on December 03, 2017, 07:38:21 am
Different lifetime, my friend. When I started, we were still TIS. Did you make it to the heath?

On my second tour of the Heath now.  Not much has changed in 20 yrs
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

KlubhouseKonnected

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

JonesboroHog68

Why in the crap are they giving Gus time. Yes or No then move on. He's had plenty of time. Don't let him jack us around.