Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Listen up..if FSU

Started by porkrindjimmy, December 02, 2017, 10:28:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jrulz83

Quote from: Chosen85 on December 03, 2017, 10:58:00 am
A conference championship at FAU. Awesome. I guess he is the savior then

Do I really have to type out his accomplishments for you or is your Google broken?

How many conference championships did Gus win yesterday? Norvell?
Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

Chosen85

Kiffin is toxic. He's had bad relationships everywhere he's been. There's a reason a former NFL head coach is at FAU. He failed at Tennessee and USC. I do not want him here.

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: mr_v8horsepower on December 03, 2017, 10:41:58 am
I would be proud to have Lane Kiffin as HC of the Razorbacks! Especially if he would brings Monte Kiffin back to the hill, best damn DC we ever had. Remember the Orange Bowl!!

Hmmm.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

Chosen85

I think Gus's road to and conference championship game were a bit more difficult than FAU''s or Central Florida. And u never said I wanted Norvell

The Kig

Quote from: Chosen85 on December 03, 2017, 11:01:08 am
Kiffin is toxic. He's had bad relationships everywhere he's been. There's a reason a former NFL head coach is at FAU. He failed at Tennessee and USC. I do not want him here.

Sigh... Foolish post.
Poker Porker

Redhogs

Quote from: Chosen85 on December 03, 2017, 11:01:08 am
Wrong again...he did not fail at either.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

nwahogs

Quote from: Chosen85 on December 03, 2017, 11:04:29 am
I think Gus's road to and conference championship game were a bit more difficult than FAU''s or Central Florida. And u never said I wanted Norvell

I still don't understand this logic. You play your competition. You can't expect fau to only play sec teams. They play their conference opponents. Which would be apples to apples

jrulz83

Quote from: Chosen85 on December 03, 2017, 11:04:29 am

Umm, well none of that changes the fact that against competition that was his level Kiffin won, and he's never had a losing season as a college head coach. So, I get it you don't like Kiffin, it's cool.

Chosen85

I would take Morris over Norvell. He recruited and built Clemson offense into what it is. Recruited Deshaun Watson and many others. He's also a big deal in Texas high school football. He's not the set name but he's a builder. He's turned SMU around and that's hard to do especially wit the academic requirements to get in. He would bring big ties to TX, FL, and GA recruiting. Keep Michael Smith for LA and hold on to Barry Lunney and I think that would be solid. He would have to hire a very good DC though.

RaisinHog

Quote from: Tusker4life on December 02, 2017, 10:47:00 pm
As long as his brother and Kendal Briles stay away, they are both slime balls.

U better hope he brings briles .. he is the one winning him football games ..

Chosen85

I googled Kiffin before I posted. Trust me. He wasn't very successful at either school. Had a 10 win season at USC 1 year and the rest was ok. He called Tennessee the USC of the south and Pisces his whole team off. The players hated him there and Alabama. I've payed close attention to him for a while bc I wanted him before Bielema and his father was a coach here. He's not a great leader of young men in my small opinion. My nephew plays for the Razorback's and I wouldn't want Kiffin leading them. Plus I don't think he will stay if he can get another big west coach job. Just my opinion.

Chosen85

Hope we get a good coach and this ends well for us. We have to get back in to Texas. Very important.

jrulz83

Quote from: Chosen85 on December 03, 2017, 11:15:31 am
Hope we get a good coach and this ends well for us. We have to get back in to Texas. Very important.

Well, Bielema's big mouth is what I think closed Texas off.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: onebadrubi on December 03, 2017, 06:15:03 am
Bingo!!!  Hard to take anyone serious that keeps saying skip holtz and tim Horton have a chance.
Sadly, prj isn't wrong on that.  We have BoT members who want them.  Particularly Horton. 
All Gas, No Brakes!

Chosen85

That's exactly what happened.

Birminghog

Quote from: lechon on December 02, 2017, 10:42:40 pm
Damn cougar

Misogyny much? How about we assess her on the basis of her performance, regardless of her chromosome matchup?

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Chosen85 on December 03, 2017, 11:15:31 am

Personal hygiene is also very important. Finding a good line of men products is key.....I have for sometime been using products from the Duke Cannon supply company. I use their beard oil called best damn beard oil. It moisturizes my beard, keeping it long and silky and the scent? Well, Miss Jimmy, we call her Black haired Bodean...she loves it.

I also use their soap called Big ass beer soap and it is made with premium American Lager. I use the old Milwaukee flavor.

All in all, great products. 5 stars all around.

PRJ

redeye

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 03, 2017, 01:13:12 am
You ever owned a fine pair of Amish Leather suspenders? I found a pair today. Excellent craftsmanship. Not that cheap work that you find at flea markets or at gutted out convenience stores that advertise AUTHENTIC AMISH GOODS AND BAKERY. Them sort of folks ain't Amish..they are just capitalizing on the run of Amish shows on TV a few years ago.

Authentic Amish people are good people. They quietly toll at their craft and put out some of the finest work whether it be Furniture, Metal sheds, Bakery items, soaps and lotions and fine leather products. Work that will last at least a couple of generations. And they don't advertise in the paper or the phone book or here on the internet....they just smile and nod, comfortable in their own skin and the knowledge of their craftmanship. They are complete in knowing they produce the finest of goods.

Here at Arkansas, we have men who are worth billions and billions and still are not satisfied with their work. They lust for power, they lust to be the man among men....and they can't seem to be satisfied as a member of a powerful group. No, they have to be the ONE. And if they aren't the ONE, then they will meddle in the other guys business who is also trying to be the ONE. And with all that meddling going on, they begin a chain reaction that weakens the product. It causes problems in the fact that they can no longer keep it together to find a good craftsman. One who will excel at his craft. And quickly the product becomes weak. It becomes cheap and at some point, the consumers recognize that the product isn't what it used to be...and.they move to another product.

I believe that the people who are striving to be the one, study the Amish and my Amish suspenders....

Maybe we won't become a weakened product.

PRJ

Did anyone understand the point here?  I appreciate PRJ's story and info, but it just seems like he's contradicting himself here.  What am I missing?

duckman

I want Kiffin but....

Gus still hasn't said no.

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 03, 2017, 11:23:47 am
Personal hygiene is also very important. Finding a good line of men products is key.....I have for sometime been using products from the Duke Cannon supply company. I use their beard oil called best damn beard oil. It moisturizes my beard, keeping it long and silky and the scent? Well, Miss Jimmy, we call her Black haired Bodean...she loves it.

I also use their soap called Big ass beer soap and it is made with premium American Lager. I use the old Milwaukee flavor.

All in all, great products. 5 stars all around.

PRJ

Big fan of Old Milwaukee ever since it won a blind taste test of domestic beer in Consumer Reports about 20 years ago.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/lifestyle/1996/05/25/ale-freezes-over-old-milwaukee-leads-the-pack-in-taste-test/a0a601f6-aa92-44f6-85df-aaa8c9a8bcf9/?utm_term=.ab3389fb415c

East TN HAWG

Quote from: duckman on December 03, 2017, 11:26:51 am
I want Kiffin but....

Gus still hasn't said no.

Maybe his time ran out?

duckman

East TN HAWG

rhames

Quote from: East TN HAWG on December 03, 2017, 11:31:00 am
Maybe his time ran out?

They guy just finished his season a little over 12 hours ago. Lol
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

East TN HAWG

Quote from: rhames on December 03, 2017, 11:33:57 am

They guy just finished his season a little over 12 hours ago. Lol

The rumor was he had five hours after the game.  The job was probably offered a couple of weeks ago.   

Merle Hawggard

Venable =0 wins
Kiffin 10 this year.
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"If I tell you a rooster can pull a freight train....hook his a$$ up!!\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" Terry Whitlock

duckman

Quote from: East TN HAWG on December 03, 2017, 11:33:12 am
If its Kiffin, we could hope. 

Oh I am all in on Kiffin, and I hope we end up there.  Just don't think we are there yet.

rhames

Quote from: East TN HAWG on December 03, 2017, 11:35:20 am
The rumor was he had five hours after the game.  The job was probably offered a couple of weeks ago.   

And people said Trey was wrong about that.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: jrulz83 on December 03, 2017, 11:16:58 am
Well, Bielema's big mouth is what I think closed Texas off.

Hard to disagree.

Also stuck in a long term contract with Jerrah so all of Texas can see aTm beat us in Dallas every year.
This is my non-signature signature.

Omahabound

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 02, 2017, 10:43:10 pm
Hell...from what I heard, Gus never got to say no.

PRJ

I thought you just told me it was his to turn down?

ElDawgHawg

we can put the Tim Horton stuff to rest.  Not happening.  He's never even been a coordinator... much less a guy who could make the jump to HC.  great guy to have in your program but not a HC. 
Plus he's forever linked to HDN so that sums it up.
#WPS

NotSoFastMyFriend

Only on Hogville is a coach a failure with a 28-15 (65%) record at a scholarship-limited P5 school but a real success story at 14-22 (39%) with all of his scholarships at a non-P5 school.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: redeye on December 03, 2017, 11:24:47 am
Did anyone understand the point here?  I appreciate PRJ's story and info, but it just seems like he's contradicting himself here.  What am I missing?

He's saying that there's too many grown successful men in the GOBN who are trying to be top dog, get their way, and get their particular man, even if that man isn't the quality of craftsman (read coach) that can make a quality pair of Arkansas suspenders (read program). Too much infighting, bickering, stubbornness, ego and posturing will lead to no one getting a quality craftsman and the whole product will suck.

He finishes by saying those grown ass men who have more money and ego than brains need to practice a little talk less, listen more, get their s**t together, stop trying to be THE MAN, stop practicing my way or the highway, and do what's right for the program - bring in a quality coach that can craft a quality program and a quality product we the consumers can be proud of and want to buy.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 02, 2017, 10:28:04 pm
Goes in another direction.....we may very well end up with......

Lane Kiffin.

Hearing all kinds of things about how we may have botched up Gus Malzahn....

Lane Kiffin is definitely in play....but....Jimbo Fisher leaving didn't help us.

Venables is in play....

But we better pray it doesn't slip past Kiffin.

Skip Holtz and Tim Horton. Those names aren't jokes.

PRJ
Wow. That is a lot of names, PRJ. A lot! And from just 4 days ago. But, not one of them is Chad Morris. You are such a lonely blowhard. Mr Insider. Reminds me of Hogville's version of Bob Uecker.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

CFB_Fanatic

^^^LMAO. Called out.

Maybe PRJ is actually FCJ in disguise