Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Listen up..if FSU

Started by porkrindjimmy, December 02, 2017, 10:28:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominicanhog

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on December 03, 2017, 12:22:18 am
The Scoop says Taggart is staying put.

That means they haven't ask.. if they do he leaves.. I think FSU goes for LK, he'd be good there...

Smallie Bigs

Jesus Christ! Just stop. No one & I mean no one on this board knows anything at this point. Just stop pretending. I just hope who ever we hire will be announced asap! The level of nonsense and ridiculous claims of "I'm hearing this" & "I just heard that blah blah blah" is mind numbing. You don't know, I don't know and none of us will know anything legitament until it's announced. End of story. I feel bad for the fans who get on HV and take this crap serious.
Watchdog defending all things Razorback.

Kneph13

About the only thing I know is that the PTB will find some way to fekk it up.
There is no Political Correctness in war

Wild Bill Hog

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 03, 2017, 01:13:12 am
You ever owned a fine pair of Amish Leather suspenders? I found a pair today. Excellent craftsmanship. Not that cheap work that you find at flea markets or at gutted out convenience stores that advertise AUTHENTIC AMISH GOODS AND BAKERY. Them sort of folks ain't Amish..they are just capitalizing on the run of Amish shows on TV a few years ago.

Authentic Amish people are good people. They quietly toll at their craft and put out some of the finest work whether it be Furniture, Metal sheds, Bakery items, soaps and lotions and fine leather products. Work that will last at least a couple of generations. And they don't advertise in the paper or the phone book or here on the internet....they just smile and nod, comfortable in their own skin and the knowledge of their craftmanship. They are complete in knowing they produce the finest of goods.

Here at Arkansas, we have men who are worth billions and billions and still are not satisfied with their work. They lust for power, they lust to be the man among men....and they can't seem to be satisfied as a member of a powerful group. No, they have to be the ONE. And if they aren't the ONE, then they will meddle in the other guys business who is also trying to be the ONE. And with all that meddling going on, they begin a chain reaction that weakens the product. It causes problems in the fact that they can no longer keep it together to find a good craftsman. One who will excel at his craft. And quickly the product becomes weak. It becomes cheap and at some point, the consumers recognize that the product isn't what it used to be...and.they move to another product.

I believe that the people who are striving to be the one, study the Amish and my Amish suspenders....

Maybe we won't become a weakened product.

PRJ
You are wrong on what the Amish are about. The truth is much different than what you think..

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Smallie Bigs on December 03, 2017, 06:42:38 am
Jesus Christ! Just stop. No one & I mean no one on this board knows anything at this point. Just stop pretending. I just hope who ever we hire will be announced asap! The level of nonsense and ridiculous claims of "I'm hearing this" & "I just heard that blah blah blah" is mind numbing. You don't know, I don't know and none of us will know anything legitament until it's announced. End of story. I feel bad for the fans who get on HV and take this crap serious.
I've been on Hogville for years and years. There are most definitely people who post on this board who have inside knowledge of what is happening on the hill. This is a mess and I am afraid we are going to end up with the SMU guy. What a dissapointment...

Give me Norvell or give me Kiffin if not those two then Venables...I don't want Morris.

ghostzapper

I do not care how much money any individual donor might have or how big his ego might be to make him think he can select Arkansas' next football coach.  A university must act through its athletic director, whether interim or permenent, when conducting a coaching search.  If these rumors of multiple interviews (and, at least one offer) done by differing groups purporting to represent the university are true, we are not going to come remotely close to hiring a competent coach until we stop that lunacy and designate someone to drive this bus.  What coach with any ambition wants to walk into a situation where a permanent AD has not been named and it is impossible to tell who your real boss might be?

rhames

This is what happens when 3 different factions are leading a search because there is no AD IMO.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

navyhog24

So basically what to take from all of this is that no one has a f'ing clue what is going on. Roger that.

The Kig

Quote from: navyhog24 on December 03, 2017, 07:04:23 am
So basically what to take from all of this is that no one has a f'ing clue what is going on. Roger that.

And this surprises you how?  The way this has been managed, with 3 factions all pulling in different directions, it's no wonder we are where we are...

Come together.  Go get Lane...and have a chance to become relevant.  PLEASE
Poker Porker

hogmolar

Like serious enough to type a post getting mad or feeling bad for people who their decisions have no effect on ones life serious?

hogmolar

Quote from: rhames on December 03, 2017, 07:03:28 am
This is what happens when 3 different factions are leading a search because there is no AD IMO.
This shows that individual benefits look to be coming into play and not the good of UA. This is why it is so important to hire an AD first. One thing about Long he made decisions for what he felt was best for the program. Those may not have been correct but he at least went down doing the way he thought best.

Granny fan

I'm tired of all the Gus drama.  Time to move on.

Mellon Collie

it may be time for you to step away from your keyboard. drink a warm milk perhaps.

duckman

I want Kiffin, but I still think Gus is in the mix.  "I want to be" speaks volumes.  What really sucks is if we hire him Auburn will pounce on Kiffin.

Hire Kiffin now...

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: navyhog24 on December 03, 2017, 07:04:23 am
Including the BOT and whoever is in charge or wants to be now.

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: duckman on December 03, 2017, 08:12:29 am
I want Kiffin, but I still think Gus is in the mix.  "I want to be" speaks volumes.  What really sucks is if we hire him Auburn will pounce on Kiffin.

Hire Kiffin now...
Give me Kiffin. We desperately need that good fortune.

The Kig

Quote from: duckman on December 03, 2017, 08:12:29 am

Hire Kiffin now...

That dawned on me last night <shudder>...Barn would hire him in a heartbeat,  if for no other reason than the Saban/Kiffin angle.  With their talent, Kiffin would be an absolute nightmare for a very long time. 
Poker Porker

Captain Morgan

Quote from: Granny fan on December 03, 2017, 08:06:47 am
I'm tired of all the Gus drama.  Time to move on.
Agree, also Gus buy out would be so large he would be unfireable. Giving him the pick of AD and assurances on everything. Its the University of Arkansas. Its not one man but a program and an institution.

JONAS

Just hire Norvell and be done with it. 

Captain Morgan

Quote from: JONAS on December 03, 2017, 08:45:31 am
Just hire Norvell and be done with it.
That is my hope and wish.

Tankster

It was only a matter of time before the spin started.  The Gus crowd can't accept the truth OR just want to try and protect the reputation that a select few still buy into. 

He would have come but U of A screwed it up... Most folks aren't buying that crap.

He either wants to be here or he don't. The spin seems to give us the answer.

Boarsnest

Quote from: The Kig on December 03, 2017, 08:17:12 am
That dawned on me last night <shudder>...Barn would hire him in a heartbeat,  if for no other reason than the Saban/Kiffin angle.  With their talent, Kiffin would be an absolute nightmare for a very long time. 

Kiffin was asked about playing Bama yesterday in his post game press conference. He responded that he would love to play Bama but he would feel sorry for his players. The man has a chip on his shoulders and would be a real pain in the neck for Nick. If he goes to Auburn with that talent the west just gets even tougher.

I had rather have Kiffin on our side line than on Auburns!

italian9005

I'd take kiffin or Venables

ArkHogFan1

I'm all in for Kiffin. Sounds another Malzahn tenure would be full of drama just like the last one. I just want to win.

Mr.Gruntastic

$8.5-8.9.  6-10 yr deal. 

Pig Power

Quote from: checkraiser88 on December 02, 2017, 10:29:22 pm
Skip Holtz and Horton...wow
I think I would suddenly become a Mizzou fan if either of those knuckleheads are coaches

JONAS

Quote from: Captain Morgan on December 03, 2017, 08:46:50 am
That is my hope and wish.

I have a feeling that this is going to drag on, and we end losing out on Norvell or Kiffin.  Might as well promote Paul Rhodes to permanent coach. 

Mellon Collie

Quote from: JONAS on December 03, 2017, 09:20:27 am
I have a feeling that this is going to drag on, and we end losing out on Norvell or Kiffin.  Might as well promote Paul Rhodes to permanent coach.

make no mistake. if gus leaves. Auburn hires Kiffin, and we look back at this debacle as the day arkansas football officially died.

JONAS

Quote from: Mellon Collie on December 03, 2017, 09:23:09 am
make no mistake. if gus leaves. Auburn hires Kiffin, and we look back at this debacle as the day arkansas football officially died.

I don't think the PTB cares.  Screw them.  Time to quit buying tickets and supporting football.  Support the other sports. 

HogKong

Gus is gone at this point....it's down to Horton, Morris, and Kiffin.....I've heard this from 3 different people this morning after PRJ said it last night.

We are in a cluster unless someone puts JCP into the permanent role and then we come home with Kiffin.

ur

Quote from: HogKong on December 03, 2017, 09:53:49 am
Gus is gone at this point....it’s down to Horton, Morris, and Kiffin.....I’ve heard this from 3 different people this morning after PRJ said it last night.

We are in a cluster unless someone puts JCP into the permanent role and then we come home with Kiffin.
What happened to Norvell and Venables?

Con el Cerdos

BOAR_N2BWILD

I hope that Norvell is out of the picture. We need someone who can field a defense.
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

BOAR_N2BWILD

Quote from: HogKong on December 03, 2017, 09:53:49 am
Gus is gone at this point....it's down to Horton, Morris, and Kiffin.....I've heard this from 3 different people this morning after PRJ said it last night.

Absolutely NO to Horton. Good grief you talk about setting this program back 20 years.
:puke:
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

TNhawgfan

Quote from: ur on December 03, 2017, 09:56:16 am
What happened to Norvell and Venables?
My question as well. Why Gus is out I get, but I've yet to hear one person give any good reasons as to why norvell isn't still a strong candidate
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

ArkHogFan1

Kiffin or Norvell if no Gus. Others would be a disappointment.

Justifiable Hogicide

Who of sound mind on the BOT would even bring up Horton as head coach?
One of the RedWolvie ex-gov's plants perhaps?

TrueBlue

If you have Twitter, search "Kiffin Auburn"

Every one of their fans are hoping Gus leaves and they get Kiffin.

Why haven't we signed Lane up yet?

And now FSU is saying they want him?

We snooze, we will lose.

Hogwild

Quote from: Mellon Collie on December 03, 2017, 09:23:09 am

If Gus leaves, I think Auburn will go after Petrino first.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Hogwild on December 03, 2017, 10:23:46 am
If Gus leaves, I think Auburn will go after Petrino first.

Can you imagine?  They'd be winning big time on that one.

mr_v8horsepower

I would be proud to have Lane Kiffin as HC of the Razorbacks! Especially if he would brings Monte Kiffin back to the hill, best damn DC we ever had. Remember the Orange Bowl!!

Chosen85

Redhogs

Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

jrulz83

Quote from: Chosen85 on December 03, 2017, 10:50:22 am
What has Kiffin done?

Uhmm, well he won a conference championship yesterday.
Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

Chosen85

Exactly where I got his record as the head coach... As a OC he's good but he hasn't done much with a lot of talent. Google is OUR friend.

Chosen85

A conference championship at FAU. Awesome. I guess he is the savior then

Redhogs

Quote from: JONAS on December 03, 2017, 09:25:49 am
I don't think the PTB cares.  Screw them.  Time to quit buying tickets and supporting football.  Support the other sports.
Exactly...make them pay that $180 million stadium bill out of their own pockets and watch how fast LK is in Fayetteville.

East TN HAWG

Quote from: jrulz83 on December 03, 2017, 10:55:08 am
Uhmm, well he won a conference championship yesterday.
In year 1!!

Redhogs

Quote from: Chosen85 on December 03, 2017, 10:58:00 am
A conference championship at FAU. Awesome. I guess he is the savior then
Wow..yea OK....dug deep didn't you.