Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Listen up..if FSU

Started by porkrindjimmy, December 02, 2017, 10:28:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JONAS

Quote from: Ironhawg on December 02, 2017, 11:32:49 pm
If they bring Hugh Freeze in here I am going to have to find another program to follow. 

Freeze is a good coach.  I would not mind him being the head coach, but he can't be for a while.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 02, 2017, 11:29:19 pm
What if I told you that Gus wanted to hire a certain coach who got fired before the start of the year and somebody got pissed?

PRJ

Should not have been a deal breaker although I don't care for Freeze. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Ironhawg

Quote from: JONAS on December 02, 2017, 11:33:51 pm
Freeze is a good coach.  I would not mind him being the head coach, but he can't be for a while.

He was in charge of Ole Miss when they were doing some monumental cheating.  If you don't mind him being on the Arkansas sideline, that's ok for you.  I would definitely mind.

SmokinHog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 02, 2017, 11:35:10 pm
Should not have been a deal breaker although I don't care for Freeze.

Agreed, but - If he were the OC under Gus.... man.... thats nasty

haystack

Quote from: Ironhawg on December 02, 2017, 11:35:49 pm
He was in charge of Ole Miss when they were doing some monumental cheating.  If you don't mind him being on the Arkansas sideline, that's ok for you.  I would definitely mind.
Yeah I would think that's a tainted name for quite some time. Don't mind me some cheating, but you better be good enough at it to not get caught.

JONAS

Quote from: Ironhawg on December 02, 2017, 11:35:49 pm

Every school cheats to some extent. 

FrankCourtneyNicodemus

What if I told you that Gus wanted to hire a certain coach who got fired before the start of the year and somebody got pissed?

PRJ

Is it a condition of his that he has to have HF as OC?

Is this really a deal breaker?

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Switchback on December 02, 2017, 11:30:50 pm
This entire thing reads like a soap opera.  While it's good drama for those that like drama, it's not how successful people operate.  Especially considering they have the same goal in mind, to restore Arkansas to its winning ways.

Gus's agent is also a key piece in the decision making process.  If there are naysayers his agent is definately selling the proposal to them.  Gus is one of their most important clients.

This decision is not made in a vacuum by each individual. 

But see...here at Arkansas, we have people who think individually, they make the decision. When they get together collectively, it is worse than a houseful of 3 year olds and feral cats.

Frank used to be able to mediate. Frank isn't here anymore and when they for once, gathered all their chips together to unsurp Jeff Long....as soon as that happened, all hell broke loose.

PRJ

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: JimDandy on December 02, 2017, 11:37:10 pm

I don't know if it was a deal breaker but somebody got pissed.

PRJ

247Hog

Quote from: Ironhawg on December 02, 2017, 11:32:49 pm
If they bring Hugh Freeze in here I am going to have to find another program to follow.

Not just Gus but if ANYONE brought Freeze into the program, they need a good ass kicking. He got OM on sanctions and embarrassed OM BIG time. He set OM back way worse the CBB did us.

I have questions about anyones decision making if they think HF is good for anything.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

JONAS

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 02, 2017, 11:37:15 pm
But see...here at Arkansas, we have people who think individually, they make the decision. When they get together collectively, it is worse than a houseful of 3 year olds and feral cats.

Frank used to be able to mediate. Frank isn't here anymore and when they for once, gathered all their chips together to unsurp Jeff Long....as soon as that happened, all hell broke loose.

PRJ

Sounds like it.  This is worse than Tennessee.

razorbrass

Yeah, I can see why that would scuttle the deal.  Wonder if it got a little to real for Gus and he sabotaged his chances so he wouldn't have to tell the big money no or Christy that she didn't get to move LOL.
Ladies and Gentlemen can I please have your attention.  I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story and I need all of you to stop what you are doing and listen!

Hogs958

I would think Gus would be smart enough to leave Hugh Freeze out of the equation at the moment.

The NewEra

PRJ

I would think Gus was out of his mind and it's time to move on. Hiring Hugh when everyone knows what he's done would bring immediate unwanted scrutiny to our program.

SmokinHog

Quote from: JimDandy on December 02, 2017, 11:37:10 pm

Like... Gus - " I wanna take the guy who was one of the top coaches and offensive minds in the SEC as a HC, earlier this season, and make him my OC"

PTB - "Nooooooo we cant have that.... Guess we will just have to call Skip Holtz back.."

HogKong

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 02, 2017, 11:37:56 pm
I don't know if it was a deal breaker but somebody got pissed.

PRJ

I'm guessing since HF called out Nutt and said he was responsible for Ole Miss cheating culture, some of our GOBN hate him!

ur

PRJ
Art?

247Hog

Quote from: JONAS on December 02, 2017, 11:33:51 pm

Love to see the sales pitch HF would give to recruits parents. Talk about not being able to recruit to UA...
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Hogs958 on December 02, 2017, 11:39:07 pm
I would think Gus would be smart enough to leave Hugh Freeze out of the equation at the moment.

If he truly wanted the job. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

checkraiser88

Yeah I'm sure the deal break was him wanting to bring in Hugh, makes perfect sense. "I'll only come there if I can bring Freeze, is that ok"...lol

Ironhawg

I notice Porkatarian has gone quiet. 

JONAS

Quote from: checkraiser88 on December 02, 2017, 11:41:29 pm
Yeah I'm sure the deal break was him wanting to bring in Hugh, makes perfect sense. "I'll only come there if I can bring Freeze, is that ok"...lol

I work in Memphis with an Ole Miss booster.  He told me about 2 weeks ago that Gus was coming and bringing Hugh with him.

Oklahawg

Missing is the possibility that Florida State makes a run at Gus.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

JONAS

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 02, 2017, 11:44:23 pm

They can have him if we can get Norvell or Kiffin. 

ghostzapper

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 02, 2017, 11:44:23 pm

I mentioned it earlier.  Kind of hard to believe Gus won't contact them.

Ironhawg

checkraiser88

Quote from: JONAS on December 02, 2017, 11:44:14 pm
I work in Memphis with an Ole Miss booster.  He told me about 2 weeks ago that Gus was coming and bringing Hugh with him.

That's fine, either way I doubt he would decide not to come here because of Hugh, just sayin

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: checkraiser88 on December 02, 2017, 11:41:29 pm

You don't really comprehend well do you?

Gus didn't say take him or I don't come.

Some people were cool with it....when it reached the top of the food chain for approval, somebody said this is more trouble than it was worth and sh*tcanned the whole experiment.

In other words, somebody already had suspicions about Gus. This little suggestion pushed them over the edge.

PRJ

ur

haystack

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 02, 2017, 11:47:22 pm
In other words, somebody already had suspicions about Gus. This little suggestion pushed them over the edge.
I think I like "somebody" quite well.

The Kig

Quote from: SmokinHog on December 02, 2017, 11:39:34 pm
Like... Gus - " I wanna take the guy who was one of the top coaches and offensive minds in the SEC as a HC, earlier this season, and make him my OC"

PTB - "Nooooooo we cant have that.... Guess we will just have to call Skip Holtz back.."

You high?  In what fantasy world was Hugh ever considered a top coach, let alone an Offensive mind?  Seriously, tell me you're high.
Poker Porker

Hogs958

I get the feeling that this isn't over with Gus. I think enough people want him bad enough...but who knows.

Ironhawg

Quote from: ur on December 02, 2017, 11:48:02 pm
https://www.tomahawknation.com/2017/11/28/16702868/fsu-head-coach-hot-board-florida-state-replace-jimbo-fisher

Taggart, Brohm, Campbell, Kiffin, Fuente, Franklin, Patterson, Frost, Clawson, Babers

Wow.  Might be easier to list who they're not interested in!

TrueBlue

Quote from: ur on December 02, 2017, 11:48:02 pm
https://www.tomahawknation.com/2017/11/28/16702868/fsu-head-coach-hot-board-florida-state-replace-jimbo-fisher

Taggart, Brohm, Campbell, Kiffin, Fuente, Franklin, Patterson, Frost, Clawson, Babers

For starters, you can take Campbell and Frost off of that list.

snoblind

JONAS

Quote from: checkraiser88 on December 02, 2017, 11:46:34 pm
That's fine, either way I doubt he would decide not to come here because of Hugh, just sayin

I don't know how much he knows.  He is higher up the food chain than me.

SmokinHog

Quote from: The Kig on December 02, 2017, 11:48:50 pm
You high?  In what fantasy world was Hugh ever considered a top coach, let alone an Offensive mind?  Seriously, tell me you're high.

I cant tell if youre serious....

He had Ole Miss beating Bama and making a run in the west.... he didnt do that by sucking...

checkraiser88

Some people were cool with it....when it reached the top of the food chain for approval, somebody said this is more trouble than it was worth and sh*tcanned the whole experiment.

PRJ

This experiment is not shitcanned, almost all the elite media insiders would be reporting on this before our local media or people like you if it was true. Now, is this maybe a small hold up? Possibly, but the deal doesn't just blow up in one night when we waited a week to get an answer from him.

Tusker4life

All of this is so reminiscent of the last two coaching search dramas....
Maybe I will just be a fan of Memphis if Norvell stays.

I really don't know what to believe.
Cheering for Alabama because they are in the SEC is like cheering for the Devil because he is in the Bible...

ArkHogFan1

PRJ....how do you think this plays out?

Dwight_K_Shrute

Beyond the hooker stuff and the cheating, he is pervy/creepy AF and no self respecting Razorback fan should want him within 100 miles of Fayetteville. Sh** that happened at Briarcrest got swept under the rug since he was winning.

Kudos to whoever up the chain said gtfo of here with that BS.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: checkraiser88 on December 02, 2017, 11:50:42 pm

Lol....

Tell me who the elite media members are? Wally and Trey and Biddy?

There will be a few other posters chime in and tell you the info posted on Gus in some ways match up with mine.

PRJ

Boarme

PRJ
The BOT is not a one person show.  So one vote would not have killed it.  The money people would not be that worried about it.   That is the whole reason they are the money people they want to win. 

coolhog

Hire a coach who is moving up the ranks that wants to work for his money.
negotiate the contract in our favor instead of the coaches.  No coach is an absolute guarantee, we can't keep paying these huge buyouts.

ur

Off the fsu list from that article.
•Charlie Strong: The USF coach isn't likely to get another chance at running a destination program after his failures at Texas. He turns 58 in August.
•David Cutcliffe: Cutcliffe is 63 and is not an elite recruiter, though he does a good job at Duke, where AD Stan Wilcox formerly worked.
• Bobby Petrino: FSU simply does not need to take a character risk of this size. He turns 57 in March.
Mike Norvell: Sources indicate that he will not be a candidate

hogginbama

Quote from: JONAS on December 02, 2017, 11:15:26 pm
This is ridiculous.  They should have had a plan before they fired Long and BB.

A plan with the clowns that are running the show? Surely you are smarter than that. Said when they fired BB that the beloved PTB would screw this up worse than a wet-dream. Now that it all seems to be unfolding, you folks are crapping the bed. Should have left well enough alone, got rid of Long and let BB have the 6th year as they promised from the beginning. It was said when he was hired that there was enough stuff to fix behind the scenes that the on-the-field build would take 6. Hell, even high-profile coaches said the wall to climb to get out of the mess was a steep one and nobody listened. But nope, the McDonald's drive thru mentality took over and here we are, praying to all things football that they dont hire Skip Holtz. The program can be a very competitive one for sure, but it has to be a build for longevity, not a flash-in-the-pan. Even A&M showed what they are made of by going and getting Jimbo. Wanna play with the big boys, gotta pay with the big-boys.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

JONAS

Quote from: SmokinHog on December 02, 2017, 11:50:38 pm
I cant tell if youre serious....

He had Ole Miss beating Bama and making a run in the west.... he didnt do that by sucking...

Beat Saban two years in a row. 

checkraiser88

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 02, 2017, 11:53:18 pm
Lol....

Tell me who the elite media members are? Wally and Trey and Biddy?

There will be a few other posters chime in and tell you the info posted on Gus in some ways match up with mine.

PRJ

No, I was referring to insiders from ESPN, who btw usually are spot on with their leaks far more than people like you are or wally or trey or anyone else.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Boarme on December 02, 2017, 11:53:40 pm
  The BOT is not a one person show.  So one vote would not have killed it.  The money people would not be that worried about it.   That is the whole reason they are the money people they want to win. 

Nope...it isn't.

So what does that tell you?

PRJ

Boarme

You do not say that Gus is too unscrupulous to touch and then go hire Lane Kiffin.  I am a Kiffin fan but this just seems beyond odd to me.