Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Listen up..if FSU

Started by porkrindjimmy, December 02, 2017, 10:28:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: RazorNick on December 02, 2017, 11:05:56 pm
Charlie Strong would be the minority

Ummmm.....really?

That is who they will talk to if Taggart turns them down.

PRJ

jst01

Nobody knows a thing yet.

Hawg Life

Quote from: checkraiser88 on December 02, 2017, 11:01:01 pm
So let me get this straight, we waited all this time just to wait on Gus and our people messed this up in a few hours after the game?? Yeah right..lol

It was never going to be Gus. I still think it's Norvell's job to loses I'm fine with a Kiffin. The choice of candidates is way better than the last 2 coaching searches, not even close.

Ironhawg

Quote from: EastexHawg on December 02, 2017, 11:05:33 pm
No one can be that stupid...can they?

I sure as heck hope not.  Naming one of those guys head coach will make us the permanent laughing stock of Division 1 football.  We'll be fighting it out for a spot in the bottom 25 every year.

checkraiser88

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 02, 2017, 11:07:04 pm
Well well....if it isn't the most dimwitted poster we have. Names himself after a sow. A sow.

Run along snowbird, spread your tiny wings and fly away....

Sing along with me if you know it.

PRJ

You always get so defensive everytime  sometone calls out your BS. You aren't important bro, you have nothing on Pork

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: checkraiser88 on December 02, 2017, 11:08:54 pm
You always get so defensive everytime  sometone calls out your BS. You aren't important bro, you have nothing on Pork

LMAO.

PRJ

TebowHater

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 02, 2017, 10:56:34 pm
You are correct. Should have let the lady run the show. If they were dead set against her, should have hired Scanlon, Varady or Gragg and let them run with it.

PRJ

Agree. I think that is what they would have preferred to do (Scanlon), but clueless Steinmetz was too emphatic on a sitting AD. Think that is where Gragg came in. Steinmetz never seemed concerned about the non-ideal situation of having two searches going at once like this.

SooieGeneris

According to some outlets, Taggart tweeted that he was staying at Oregon tonight.
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

Atlhogfan1

20 years ago this month we screwed up a search so badly the late great Orville wrote I'm furious.  We haven't learned darn apparently from our mistakes.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

HogKong

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 02, 2017, 11:05:16 pm
He was offered by some people....when it came to approval..someone threw a fit.

PRJ

So he was offered and said yes to the offer....then when the BOT found out about the offer they rejected it? Asking bc I thought you had mentioned yesterday that both sides were on the same page for Gus only and they offered him $6.3M already? If that was the case how did it all of a sudden change and get rejected? Just wondering for context about what could
Have occurred after the fact?

JONAS

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 02, 2017, 11:10:43 pm
20 years ago this month we screwed up a search so badly the late great Orville wrote I'm furious.  We haven't learned darn apparently from our mistakes.

Yep.  Got stuck with Nuttsack.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: HogKong on December 02, 2017, 11:12:13 pm
So he was offered and said yes to the offer....then when the BOT found out about the offer they rejected it? Asking bc I thought you had mentioned yesterday that both sides were on the same page for Gus only and they offered him $6.3M already? If that was the case how did it all of a sudden change and get rejected? Just wondering for context about what could
Have occurred after the fact?

I do not know if he said yes. From what I was told, an offer was made, when that offer went up the chain, somebody shot it down. A no go.

PRJ

SlickWilly

PRJ, what do you think our chances of snagging Lane are?

HogKong

Quote from: checkraiser88 on December 02, 2017, 11:08:54 pm

In fairness all you have to do is look at someone's post history to see if they are in the know for real or not. PRJ during this whole firing and hiring scenario we have been going through has to be 95% or above. He has usually been the first to suggest what is going on behind scenes and he has literally been spot on about everything.

JONAS

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 02, 2017, 11:13:59 pm
I do not know if he said yes. From what I was told, an offer was made, when that offer went up the chain, somebody shot it down. A no go.

PRJ

This is ridiculous.  They should have had a plan before they fired Long and BB.

island hog

Give me Venables please... he would be a homerun

TebowHater

Paulsooie

I thought everyone said he had already been offered for a week, and it was his to turn down.  What gives?  LOL
If it ain't broke, break it and see what happens!

Boarme

PRJ
PRJ when was that offer made.  Was it before tonight?

checkraiser88

Quote from: JONAS on December 02, 2017, 11:15:26 pm
This is ridiculous.  They should have had a plan before they fired Long and BB.

We didn't wait all this time just to mess this up. Gus is still the plan

TebowHater

Quote from: Boarme on December 02, 2017, 11:17:48 pm

Yesterday?

HogKong

PRJ

10-4....everything happens for a reason, and so just maybe for once this will lead us to be able to hire Kiffin, who I have always felt is the actual best fit tor our program in achieving the highest ceiling here! He would not only win big here, but he would make us relevant nationally, would be fun to watch, and would keep us entertained no matter what! If you aren't winning national championships, the next best thing is to be completely entertained all year long!

JONAS

Quote from: checkraiser88 on December 02, 2017, 11:18:01 pm
We didn't wait all this time just to mess this up. Gus is still the plan

I'll be happy with Norvell or Kiffin.  Just not Tim Horton.

Hog Milanese

RebelliousHog

Quote from: Paulsooie on December 02, 2017, 11:17:11 pm
I thought everyone said he had already been offered for a week, and it was his to turn down.  What gives?  LOL

Everyone except the people who actually have the AUTHORITY to say it.  Therein lies the difference
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

jvanhorn

Well in a perfect world we would hire the AD from Memphis, the Head Coach from Memphis and pay whatever it takes to make Venebles DC.  In the back of my mind I keep thinking it is not impossible that Venebles is a coach in waiting at Clemson--in the meantime he actually seems to love his present job.

HogKong

Quote from: TebowHater on December 02, 2017, 11:18:38 pm
Yesterday?

That's what he said yesterday I believe.....he said it was $6.2M.

island hog

Quote from: SmokinHog on December 02, 2017, 10:51:49 pm
Ive kept this in mind from the beginning. You knew there would be a 0% chance we would just step up and hit a grand slam like a bunch of confident, cocky, badasses.

We would fumble and stumble and argue... until we end up with someone like Jim Grobe. Quintessential Arkansas.
grand slam?  Who would that be? 

jvanhorn

Quote from: HogKong on December 02, 2017, 11:19:31 pm
10-4....everything happens for a reason, and so just maybe for once this will lead us to be able to hire Kiffin, who I have always felt is the actual best fit tor our program in achieving the highest ceiling here! He would not only win big here, but he would make us relevant nationally, would be fun to watch, and would keep us entertained no matter what! If you aren't winning national championships, the next best thing is to be completely entertained all year long!

I hear Pee Wee Herman is available.

secfan30

The Kig

Quote from: HogKong on December 02, 2017, 11:15:10 pm
In fairness all you have to do is look at someone's post history to see if they are in the know for real or not. PRJ during this whole firing and hiring scenario we have been going through has to be 95% or above. He has usually been the first to suggest what is going on behind scenes and he has literally been spot on about everything.

If you discard the drunk musical ramblings... I have been hard on PRJ, but really, really, really (did I say really?) hope he's right about Kiffin. 
Poker Porker

HogKong

Quote from: jvanhorn on December 02, 2017, 11:22:06 pm
I hear Pee Wee Herman is available.

Would be a great hire if he could bring Chairy with him as DC!

Hogs958

I will not watch any game that Horton or Holtz is coaching. Just the fact that those names are being mentioned is maddening.

ghostzapper

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 02, 2017, 11:08:19 pm
Ummmm.....really?

That is who they will talk to if Taggart turns them down.

PRJ

I bet they talk to Gus.

Paulsooie

Right, this is my third coaching search.  I just like to see all the bold predictions pan out.  🧐
If it ain't broke, break it and see what happens!

Porkette

Everything with Norvell has been so weird lately. Depending on who's talking (or sometimes even depending on what day it is), he's either our definite #2 choice behind Malzahn, or he's not in the mix at all. Can't figure it out.
GO HOGS GO!

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Boarme on December 02, 2017, 11:17:48 pm

Yes....

PRJ

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: The Kig on December 02, 2017, 11:22:55 pm
If you discard the drunk musical ramblings... I have been hard on PRJ, but really, really, really (did I say really?) hope he's right about Kiffin. 

I wasn't and am not drunk.

Lol

PRJ

JONAS

Quote from: Porkette on December 02, 2017, 11:26:31 pm
Everything with Norvell has been so weird lately. Depending on who's talking (or sometimes even depending on what day it is), he's either our definite #2 choice behind Malzahn, or he's not in the mix at all. Can't figure it out.

I think his background check scared some of them off.

porkrindjimmy

What if I told you that Gus wanted to hire a certain coach who got fired before the start of the year and somebody got pissed?

PRJ

HogKong

The odd part is it seems a lot of national media heads like Brett McMurphy have been tweeting "Huge win today for Georgia and Arkansas"....and asking if Gus Christmas tree was on the side of the road yet., etc.....he is very well plugged in and has broken almost every coaching hire this year so far. All of them speculating as if it was already done and he is coming here?

I guess they could all be assuming it was true bc I mean who would botch a deal they have been working on for 2 straight weeks? I know several of them believe if he lost today it was inevitable....

HogKong

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 02, 2017, 11:29:19 pm
What if I told you that Gus wanted to hire a certain coach who got fired before the start of the year and somebody got pissed?

PRJ

Hugh Freeze? Heard he would be coming with him....

SlickWilly

PRJ

HF? No way

Sivad

PRJ
Freezus?

Switchback

This entire thing reads like a soap opera.  While it's good drama for those that like drama, it's not how successful people operate.  Especially considering they have the same goal in mind, to restore Arkansas to its winning ways.

Gus's agent is also a key piece in the decision making process.  If there are naysayers his agent is definately selling the proposal to them.  Gus is one of their most important clients.

This decision is not made in a vacuum by each individual. 

The Hogfather

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 02, 2017, 10:28:04 pm
Goes in another direction.....we may very well end up with......

Lane Kiffin.

Hearing all kinds of things about how we may have botched up Gus Malzahn....

Lane Kiffin is definitely in play....but....Jimbo Fisher leaving didn't help us.

Venables is in play....

But we better pray it doesn't slip past Kiffin.

Skip Holtz and Tim Horton. Those names aren't jokes.

PRJ

Taggert or Fuente to FSU and Kiffin to Arkansas!!!

Ironhawg

Quote from: HogKong on December 02, 2017, 11:29:59 pm
Hugh Freeze? Heard he would be coming with him....

If they bring Hugh Freeze in here I am going to have to find another program to follow. 

JONAS

PRJ

This does not surprise me.

haystack

southALhog

PRJ

That's most of what broke this down...other smaller factors too.