Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Listen up..if FSU

Started by porkrindjimmy, December 02, 2017, 10:28:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tusker4life

Cheering for Alabama because they are in the SEC is like cheering for the Devil because he is in the Bible...

Ironhawg

Do these "power people" have any idea how badly the program will be damaged if they trot out Skip Holtz or Tim Horton as their head coach?  The names alone have the potential to cause empty stadiums next season and for the foreseeable future.  They will lose the trust of the fanbase and might not ever get it back.  They cannot be serious with this ridiculous nonsense can they?

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: 3kgthog on December 02, 2017, 10:36:48 pm
Keep throwing those turds against the wall and eventually one will stick.

You can keep my season tickets if we stoop to child like levels with Kiffin.

I don't throw anything against the wall. I throw substance. As for those season tickets, if things fall right and they should, and Lane Kiffin is our next coach. Be sure and PM me so I can give you my address to send those season tickets to me. I already sit in a great section, with elites, heathens, reformed gangsters and some fine Christian's.

But when Lane gets rolling, your season tickets will be up for sale to the highest bidder, on a game to game basis. I will make a tidy profit off them jewels.....just know that profit will go to a good cause........

Me.

PRJ

SmokinHog

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on December 02, 2017, 10:47:53 pm
JCP sealed the deal with Lane with one simple text

"S'up"

No, correction... it was

"You up?"

Bubba's Bruisers

We all knew we suck at coaching hires.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: ArkansasI on December 02, 2017, 10:48:07 pm
I would think FSU would pursue Taggert first. Kiffin would be high on their list though, and I suspect Lane prefers Tallahassee to Fayetteville - highest profile.

I'm good with Norvell or Morris. These are respectable hires.

They will pursue minority candidates first. I think they also talk to Charlie Strong.

PRJ

HogKong

I just know because we are Arkansas, we will somehow work out the deal with Gus since he is hommies with our money, and then Auburn will end up hiring Kiffin and beating us every year! Would make for a great Iron Bowl though!!

I want that kind of rivalry with Alabama and Auburn...if we land Kiffin it would be the best thing for us since Petrino!

HogFan1973

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 02, 2017, 10:48:43 pm
I don't throw anything against the wall. I throw substance. As for those season tickets, if things fall right and they should, and Lane Kiffin is our next coach. Be sure and PM me so I can give you my address to send those season tickets to me. I already sit in a great section, with elites, heathens, reformed gangsters and some fine Christian's.

But when Lane gets rolling, your season tickets will be up for sale to the highest bidder, on a game to game basis. I will make a tidy profit off them jewels.....just know that profit will go to a good cause........

Me.

PRJ

So is Gus out of the question?  I would really like to see us go after Venables or Norvell if he is.

Kevin

I believe us and Tennessee are writing a textbook on how to screw it all up
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

SmokinHog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 02, 2017, 10:50:14 pm
We all knew we suck at coaching hires.

Ive kept this in mind from the beginning. You knew there would be a 0% chance we would just step up and hit a grand slam like a bunch of confident, cocky, badasses.

We would fumble and stumble and argue... until we end up with someone like Jim Grobe. Quintessential Arkansas.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Ironhawg on December 02, 2017, 10:48:42 pm
Do these "power people" have any idea how badly the program will be damaged if they trot out Skip Holtz or Tim Horton as their head coach?  The names alone have the potential to cause empty stadiums next season and for the foreseeable future.  They will lose the trust of the fanbase and might not ever get it back.  They cannot be serious with this ridiculous nonsense can they?

That is how close we are to being Kansas in the SEC for the foreseeable future. Not a damn one of them can agree on anything.

PRJ

JONAS

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 02, 2017, 10:48:43 pm

Me.

PRJ

I'd be tickled to death if we get Lane Kiffin.

JONAS

Sounds to me like they are fighting among themselves.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: SmokinHog on December 02, 2017, 10:51:49 pm
Ive kept this in mind from the beginning. You knew there would be a 0% chance we would just step up and hit a grand slam like a bunch of confident, cocky, badasses.

We would fumble and stumble and argue... until we end up with someone like Jim Grobe. Quintessential Arkansas.

Thing is, if everybody had left the lady alone.... we probably would be set to introduce Lane tomorrow.

PRJ

I know most here didn't like Long, but one person has to be in charge. You can't have what we have going on now. "A camel is a horse built by a committee."

Kevin

It just goes to show to them it is not about the program , but their power
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

RebelliousHog

If it's not Venables, then I'm all in for Kiffin. I scare of Norvell not being able to put a D on the field.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

jjfmetal11

LOL.... wait  you people think Gus said no?  GTFO

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Karma on December 02, 2017, 10:54:46 pm
I know most here didn't like Long, but one person has to be in charge. You can't have wait we have going on now. "A camel is a horse built by a committee."

You are correct. Should have let the lady run the show. If they were dead set against her, should have hired Scanlon, Varady or Gragg and let them run with it.

PRJ

JONAS

Quote from: HenduHog on December 02, 2017, 10:55:19 pm
If it's not Venables, then I'm all in for Kiffin. I scare of Norvell not being able to put a D on the field.

We haven't put a D on the field in years.

SmokinHog

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 02, 2017, 10:54:31 pm
Thing is, if everybody had left the lady alone.... we probably would be set to introduce Lane tomorrow.

PRJ

Well, I guess I look at it this way. Were gonna hire someone. Eventually, one side will win. Im just hoping its Kiffin, because I would bet the house that the alternatives are going to be puke worthy. *Insert Chad Morris, Tim Horton, Skip Holtz, Les Miles*

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: jjfmetal11 on December 02, 2017, 10:56:12 pm

I am afraid he never got the chance to say no.

PRJ

JONAS

Quote from: Karma on December 02, 2017, 10:54:46 pm
I know most here didn't like Long, but one person has to be in charge. You can't have wait we have going on now. "A camel is a horse built by a committee."

Yep.

Ironhawg

Quote from: JONAS on December 02, 2017, 10:53:26 pm
Sounds to me like they are fighting among themselves.

Can you imagine the uproar if, after all this mess with Jeff Long and Bret Bielema they announce the new head coach is Tim Horton?  There will be an initial uproar then it will go quiet because people will just turn away.  They will turn away because they are convinced that the people in charge care more about their EGOS than what is best for Razorback football.  When that happens, that is when things are really bad.  That is when the fans just quit caring.  I never cease to be amazed by the amateur hour bull darn that goes on around our football program.  I know this, another season like the one we just endured and I am going to find it hard to care much anymore. 

Hollywood870

Is the thing with Gus fixable?

HogFan1973

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 02, 2017, 10:57:08 pm
I am afraid he never got the chance to say no.

PRJ

So he was never offered?

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: JONAS on December 02, 2017, 10:56:44 pm
We haven't put a D on the field in years.

Our record proves it.  And it will stay the same until we improve on defense.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

RebelliousHog

Quote from: jjfmetal11 on December 02, 2017, 10:56:12 pm

I'm afraid he never really wanted to.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

TebowHater

Would do anything for Venables. Ceiling is so high. Gosh having a coach who understand the game, has won with such success, and brings so much passion would just be incredible. There is no better hire.

And if it fails? Fine - you fire him after three years, but it wouldn't. With established people we'd have to offer golden handcuffs. That always seems to work so well for us

sowmonella

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 02, 2017, 10:56:34 pm
You are correct. Should have let the lady run the show. If they were dead set against her, should have hired Scanlon, Varady or Gragg and let them run with it.

PRJ

I can't believe anyone is believing anything you are posting.

SOW
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

JONAS

Quote from: Ironhawg on December 02, 2017, 10:57:50 pm
Can you imagine the uproar if, after all this mess with Jeff Long and Bret Bielema they announce the new head coach is Tim Horton?  There will be an initial uproar then it will go quiet because people will just turn away.  They will turn away because they are convinced that the people in charge care more about their EGOS than what is best for Razorback football.  When that happens, that is when things are really bad.  That is when the fans just quit caring.  I never cease to be amazed by the amateur hour bull darn that goes on around our football program.  I know this, another season like the one we just endured and I am going to find it hard to care much anymore. 

They don't care about the program or the fans.  We should quit buying tickets and quit dontating money to the RF.   That is the only way to get their attention. 

checkraiser88

So let me get this straight, we waited all this time just to wait on Gus and our people messed this up in a few hours after the game?? Yeah right..lol

Neednewcoach

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 02, 2017, 10:52:06 pm
That is how close we are to being Kansas in the SEC for the foreseeable future. Not a damn one of them can agree on anything.

PRJ

If this gets screwed up every one of their names need to be made public so they can be held responsible for pushing the program farther down the crapper.

The Kig

Quote from: Kevin on December 02, 2017, 10:51:38 pm
I believe us and Tennessee are writing a textbook on how to screw it all up

Not if we somehow stumble into Kiffin or Venables.  Anyone else and we earn our place in the pantheon of stupidity.
Poker Porker

Ray_Finkle

Quote from: 3kgthog on December 02, 2017, 10:36:48 pm
Keep throwing those turds against the wall and eventually one will stick.

You can keep my season tickets if we stoop to child like levels with Kiffin.

Can I have them?

HawgTide

Quote from: checkraiser88 on December 02, 2017, 11:01:01 pm
So let me get this straight, we waited all this time just to wait on Gus and our people messed this up in a few hours after the game?? Yeah right..lol

Irontusk

Gawd I can't pound these beers fast enough

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Hawg Life

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 02, 2017, 10:50:48 pm
They will pursue minority candidates first. I think they also talk to Charlie Strong.

PRJ

I said Charlie would be our PC interview 2 weeks ago.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on December 02, 2017, 11:03:16 pm
Yes he did....

He was offered by some people....when it came to approval..someone threw a fit.

PRJ

Ironhawg

Quote from: Hawg Life on December 02, 2017, 11:03:55 pm
I said Charlie would be our PC interview 2 weeks ago.

I think he is talking about Florida State talking to Charlie Strong. 

JONAS

Quote from: Neednewcoach on December 02, 2017, 11:01:24 pm
If this gets screwed up every one of their names need to be made public so they can be held responsible for pushing the program farther down the crapper.

Yes, they do along with their cell numbers and address.

EastexHawg

No one can be that stupid...can they?

RazorNick

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 02, 2017, 10:50:48 pm

PRJ

Charlie Strong would be the minority

Hogeration

I figure Gus said no but to save face we will put out info like we didn't give him a chance to say no. So now we can say we got our first choice.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 02, 2017, 11:05:16 pm
He was offered by some people....when it came to approval..someone threw a fit.

PRJ

I see.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: sowmonella on December 02, 2017, 10:59:34 pm
I can't believe anyone is believing anything you are posting.

SOW

Well well....if it isn't the most dimwitted poster we have. Names himself after a sow. A sow.

Run along snowbird, spread your tiny wings and fly away....

Sing along with me if you know it.

PRJ

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Hogeration on December 02, 2017, 11:06:39 pm
I figure Gus said no but to save face we will put out info like we didn't give him a chance to say no. So now we can say we got our first choice.

Hell, everyone does that

hoglady

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 02, 2017, 10:37:33 pm
And also....seems our lady AD....her number one target out the gate was Lane Kiffin.

PRJ

Well - maybe she's not as stupid as some on here think she is.

If we end up with a Tim Horton or Skip Holtz - they should have just given her the power to handle the search from the start.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

The Pulse

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 02, 2017, 10:34:37 pm
And Gus may be in No country for old men because he overplayed his hand.

PRJ

When it comes to our situation, you can't overplay your hand when you hold all the cards...