Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Listen up..if FSU

Started by porkrindjimmy, December 02, 2017, 10:28:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

porkrindjimmy

Goes in another direction.....we may very well end up with......

Lane Kiffin.

Hearing all kinds of things about how we may have botched up Gus Malzahn....

Lane Kiffin is definitely in play....but....Jimbo Fisher leaving didn't help us.

Venables is in play....

But we better pray it doesn't slip past Kiffin.

Skip Holtz and Tim Horton. Those names aren't jokes.

PRJ

Dr. Starcs

I'd take Kiffin or Venables over Gus

SmokinHog

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 02, 2017, 10:28:04 pm
Goes in another direction.....we may very well end up with......

Lane Kiffin.

Hearing all kinds of things about how we may have botched up Gus Malzahn....

Lane Kiffin is definitely in play....but....Jimbo Fisher leaving didn't help us.

Venables is in play....

But we better pray it doesn't slip past Kiffin.

PRJ

Well, im still praying its Kiffin.. but tonights developments seem to indicate Norvell

checkraiser88

Skip Holtz and Horton...wow

respirback

JONAS

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

SmokinHog

Quote from: checkraiser88 on December 02, 2017, 10:29:22 pm
Skip Holtz and Horton...wow

This cant actually be a thing.... they would need to implode the stadium in a few years...

Hugo Bezdek

Venables' defense has been the most impressive unit today hands down. He's our best option and we need get him to The Hill.

Arky

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 02, 2017, 10:28:52 pm
I'd take Kiffin or Venables over Gus
me to but all are better than what we have had

RebelliousHog

Not sure WE botched Gus as much as Gus played us for a raise.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Kevin

After beating Georgia the first time, Gus was just playing us.

Hopefully whoever is doing this will be smart enough to get kiffin done
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Neednewcoach

We need to quit screwing around and hire a friggen coach.

SmokinHog

Quote from: Neednewcoach on December 02, 2017, 10:32:59 pm

Ya dont say? With a name like that even...

RebelliousHog

Quote from: Neednewcoach on December 02, 2017, 10:32:59 pm

Venables

CBV has a good ring.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

porkrindjimmy

I could be way wrong....but I don't think it's Norvell.

Although I will say this....if it isn't Kiffin, it needs to be Norvell because you don't want this going past those two. And if it gets past Venables. Katy bar the door.

Everybody needs to quit watching those planes, people need to quit reading and listening to Wally, Schaap and Biddy. Hogville knows more than those 3.

What we have now is a pissing contest between the BOT and the GOBN. You got one guy blocking this guy. One guy blocking the other.

And Gus may be in No country for old men because he overplayed his hand.

PRJ

dhornjr1

Skip Holtz and Tim Horton would be absolute jokes.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: flagstaffhog on December 02, 2017, 10:30:29 pm
How did we "botch" Gus?

D*ck measuring contests between the BOT and GOBN.

PRJ

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: HenduHog on December 02, 2017, 10:31:57 pm

I think some members of a certain group may have played Gus....

PRJ

3kgthog

Keep throwing those turds against the wall and eventually one will stick.

You can keep my season tickets if we stoop to child like levels with Kiffin.

SmokinHog

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 02, 2017, 10:34:37 pm

Although I will say this....if it isn't Kiffin, it needs to be Norvell because you don't want this going past those two. And if it gets past Venables. Katy bar the door.

Everybody needs to quit watching those planes, people need to quit reading and listening to Wally, Schaap and Biddy. Hogville knows more than those 3.

What we have now is a pissing contest between the BOT and the GOBN. You got one guy blocking this guy. One guy blocking the other.

PRJ

If any of these morons have half a brain they would be on the way to Boca Raton as im typing this. But, were Arkansas. Im fully expecting Tim Horton.

RebelliousHog

Quote from: Imminent Rueage on December 02, 2017, 10:34:40 pm
Skip Holtz and Tim Horton would be absolute jokes.

Hate to say this cause it sounds like I'm being an arse (many think I am, anyway), but if it comes to this I'd have to push for Morris.

SmokinHog

Quote from: 3kgthog on December 02, 2017, 10:36:48 pm
Keep throwing those turds against the wall and eventually one will stick.

You can keep my season tickets if we stoop to child like levels with Kiffin.

Bookmarking.

porkrindjimmy

And also....seems our lady AD....her number one target out the gate was Lane Kiffin.

PRJ

ghostzapper

JONAS

Quote from: HenduHog on December 02, 2017, 10:37:06 pm
Hate to say this cause it sounds like I'm being an arse (many think I am, anyway), but if it comes to this I'd have to push for Morris.

No sh**!

devildoghawg

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 02, 2017, 10:34:37 pm

PRJ

I knew this was going to happen to Gus.  I guarantee you Auburn presented him with an extension before the game, and he declined to sign with something along the lines of "we can discuss my contract after I beat Georgia again" and it blew up in his face.  Now he's trying to negotiate a bigger salary with Auburn by leveraging what is probably a mediocre offer from Arkansas at 5-5.5 mil a year.  This whole thing sucks, we should have went from Lane from the get go.
Quote from: kingofdequeen on July 25, 2013, 06:21:48 pm
If you've got a dumba** son, do you love him any less?  no.  you just overlook his faults b/c you love him.  At least that's what my dad does.

ghostzapper

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 02, 2017, 10:37:33 pm
And also....seems our lady AD....her number one target out the gate was Lane Kiffin.

PRJ

She seemingly knows what she is doing.

HogKong

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 02, 2017, 10:35:42 pm
D*ck measuring contests between the BOT and GOBN.

PRJ

So we at least know that Gus has turned us down and told us no so we can move forward?

Atlhogfan1

PRJ

I like her. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

RebelliousHog

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 02, 2017, 10:36:43 pm
I think some members of a certain group may have played Gus....

PRJ

Not saying I disagree, but what would be the advantage of US playing Gus?

The Kig

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 02, 2017, 10:28:04 pm
Goes in another direction.....we may very well end up with......Lane Kiffin.

PRJ

Please baby Jesus lyin there in the manger be Lane....

And while not funny, those two names are jokes.  Not Morris level jokes, but jokes.
Poker Porker

rangertaunton

Quote from: HenduHog on December 02, 2017, 10:31:57 pm
If he played us for a raise in good with it as long as we arnt the ones paying for said raise
Mess with the boar,get the tusks!!!

porkrindjimmy

I should have used a different choice of words than play. Some of our GOBN ran and talked to Gus. Someone within the BOT didn't approve the move is what I am hearing.

PRJ

lechon

PRJ

Damn cougar
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Sir Winston Churchill                                                                                  
There are a terrible lot of lies going around the world, and the worst of it is half of them are true. -  Sir Winston Churchill

HawgTide

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: HogKong on December 02, 2017, 10:38:48 pm
So we at least know that Gus has turned us down and told us no so we can move forward?

Hell...from what I heard, Gus never got to say no.

PRJ

HogKong

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 02, 2017, 10:42:12 pm
I should have used a different choice of words than play. Some of our GOBN ran and talked to Gus. Someone within the BOT didn't approve the move is what I am hearing.

PRJ

So we pulled a Currie at Tennessee only instead of our AD our money did it?

The Kig

PRJ

She's smart.
Poker Porker

JONAS

PRJ

So we are going to end up with a crappy coach. 

Neednewcoach

Why am I starting to feel like we're about to screw the pooch. I swear.

HogKong

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 02, 2017, 10:43:10 pm
Hell...from what I heard, Gus never got to say no.

PRJ

Well maybe we end up accidentally getting our best candidate for our school again in Kiffin like we did accidentally with Petrino when we botched that deal!

The Kig

Quote from: JONAS on December 02, 2017, 10:44:40 pm
So we are going to end up with a crappy coach.

Only if your guy is named coach
Poker Porker

JONAS

Quote from: The Kig on December 02, 2017, 10:46:12 pm
Only if your guy is named coach

Kiffin or Norvell is who I want.

Tusker4life

As long as his brother and Kendal Briles stay away, they are both slime balls.

Quote from: ghostzapper on December 02, 2017, 10:38:04 pm
Dear God, go get Kiffin.
Cheering for Alabama because they are in the SEC is like cheering for the Devil because he is in the Bible...

HawgTide

Quote from: HogKong on December 02, 2017, 10:45:46 pm
Well maybe we end up accidentally getting our best candidate for our school again in Kiffin like we did accidentally with Petrino when we botched that deal!

I dig those positive vibes, man

Dwight_K_Shrute

JCP sealed the deal with Lane with one simple text

"S'up"
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

RebelliousHog

PRJ

OK thanks for the clarification

ArkansasI

I would think FSU would pursue Taggert first. Kiffin would be high on their list though, and I suspect Lane prefers Tallahassee to Fayetteville - highest profile.

I'm good with Norvell or Morris. These are respectable hires.