Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

The Kig

Quote from: Dmacattack on December 02, 2017, 08:25:09 pm
I hope it's Norvell

Jesus is not in a manger btw. More like a throne 😀

Not according to Ricky Bobby...
Poker Porker

BrooklynRoss

There are a lot of really good, solid points made in this thread. We should ignore them and wild-out instead!
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

King Kong

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on December 02, 2017, 08:05:18 am
One year doesn't make a HC'ing career and going 7-6 in his one year as a HC at Tennessee is hardly the thing that great resumes are made of. If you are hanging your hat on that 7-6 season as success, keep in mind he won just 2 more games than Fulmer the year before. In 2007 Tennessee was 10-4 and played for the SECCG and were 9-4 in 2006. It isn't like he didn't have something to work with at Tennessee.

2008 UT lost to Wyoming. Kiffin basically only had Eric Berry

hoglady

Quote from: jrulz83 on December 02, 2017, 08:26:11 pm
I’m afraid that Norvell is a mistake.

I know he better find a heck of a DC.
Not impressed with the defense he fields at Memphis.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: hoglady on December 02, 2017, 09:07:57 pm
I know he better find a heck of a DC.
Not impressed with the defense he fields at Memphis.
it's #2 in the nation in takeaways with memphis' athletes and a cheap as can be DC, #2!

Also, their average margin of victory , 17 ppg, ranks #11.

THATS AMAZING.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

porkrindjimmy

December 03, 2017, 01:56:38 am #207 Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 02:19:30 am by porkrindjimmy
Quote from: RexMentor on December 02, 2017, 02:34:03 pm
Okay brothA. Shopping's done. ( I GOT YOU THAT PAIR OF LEOTARDS YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT) The gin is iced down. Steaks are marinating and the thong is crispy ashes. And I've watched football. I tell you guys what. For me, it's Lane as 1 1a 1b... Then Norvell. Lane is easy to choose. He RELATES to his kids. They are having a blast. Of course, he's loud-mouthed, social media maven to everybody over 40. Guess what? We aren't recruiting people over 40. Fret not porkrind, Rex is here, the three-legged pork-u-pine named Porkrind Jimmy is red in the face, narrow-eyed with spines standing straight up. We got your back, brotha. And I AINT NO darned PART TIME RANCH HAND. I'm YOUR DADDY.

I apologize for the response being so late. With all that has went on tonight out here at the compound....we had a memorial of sorts, the Northwest Arkansas chapter of beards and barbers met here and we played a whole lot of Mel Tillis songs. Still hard to believe he has left us...RIP to my good buddy, Melvin Tillis. Did you know he wrote Ruby, Don't take your love to town?

Wait.....she's leaving now, I just heard the slamming of the door. The way I've heard it slam a hundred times before....if I could move I'd get my gun and lay her in the ground....

Where we're you Rex Mentor? Where? I hope you ain't expecting a full paycheck around here next week. Xmas is coming and you have kids to buy trinkets and such. I have had to go get Cornell tonight over in Deer and of course, you werent answering your phone. I also tried to telefax you and no response. I was going to send one of the crows with a message attached but finally said to hell with the whole thing.

My Daddy? My Daddy has already posted in this thread, true story, and he isn't happy with you committing fraud in his name. It isn't a good look for you Rex. I explained that sometimes when you are on the wild turkey, you just let your mouth jibber and that you meant no harm.

Remember that time down in Waco, and we were at that little dive bar and you sang there ain't no Good in Mexico and then you claimed you had wrote the song....not knowing you were in Waco Texas and that Billy Joe Shaver was in the crowd? And he confronted you outside about your false claims and he asked you where do you want it and before you could answer, he pulled that little Derringer out and shot off a piece of your ear? I do Rex, I remember. And those two nice Mexican boys held you down while I doused your ear down with that heaven hill Vodka and then that little Cambodian lady sewed your ear back on? Good times Rex, good times.

Billy Joe will be around here soon. Maybe we ought to go and you can apologize. It would be best if you could. Every time I go down to Waco now, I receive death threats because of your drunken ways....they say, Reginald, we know you didn't claim it but that vato that travels with you and tends your goats, but he is gonna get you killed. I just took another swig of Thunderbird and laughed. What would you do if you were surrounded by such vermin? Wailing about you with Bowie knives and chanting bring us Rex? I have never out you in a position of danger. I have defended you on occasions, not because I particularly like you, no, it was mostly for sport and the fact you make delicious cupcakes.

I hope this letter finds you well. Not in a completely hazy state.

Get it together Rex. When I awake in the early afternoon, I expect the goats kennels to be completely cleaned. And don't try to put hay over the top like you usually do.

PRJ

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 01, 2017, 09:52:42 pm
Gus coaching tomorrow. Norvell coaching tomorrow. Kiffin coaching tomorrow...Hell, Brent Venables coaching tomorrow....

We still don't have a coach... recruiting is needed....

Chad Morris isn't coaching tomorrow. If he was the dude, what is the hold up. He could have been hired the next day after his interview and already been rolling.

Gus, Gus, Gus. Beats around the bush when asked questions about leaving. We got Arkansas media hollering about an extension. An extension is in front of him. I can tell you Auburn was presented with a 7 mil a year...and they laughed. They have no AD, well Jacobs, but he ain't cutting deals...left hand doing this. Right hand doing that. There is no one captaining the ship so to speak. They think Gus isn't responsible for their success. They think Lindsey and Steele are the brains. Gus knows this is his shot with a program he thought back in 2005 he could take to unseen fortune.

And then there is Lane. My man. Practically asked for the job on the tranny Travis show earlier in the week. Brings the swag. The boys love him and want to play for him. He is a smartass. He is a troll. He beats to a different drum. He is an offensive genius. He has a chip on his shoulder the size of Alabama for Nick Saban. Nick Saban. That dude is at the top and Lane wants to knock him off. He is absolutely perfect for this job. He honestly should have been candidate 1, 1A, 1B and candidate 2. We still don't have a permanent AD yet..the interim one adores Lane Kiffin. 

If Gus says no, he is the only logical choice. In fact, for this program Lane should be the only logical choice.

PRJ
Man, for all of your insider connections, you really whiffed here. They really let you down. Keep this good info coming for us in the future.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Justagp

Quote from: HoginMemphis on December 06, 2017, 10:52:28 pm
Man, for all of your insider connections, you really whiffed here. They really let you down. Keep this good info coming for us in the future.
Okay, so he had us all on the Lane Train for a while - I admit I hopped on board and it was kinda nice thinking we might be back in the big time for a moment. Now it's back to reality.  ;)