Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nothing has changed

Started by HoggyCat, December 02, 2017, 09:34:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HoggyCat

We are who I thought we'd be. We'll beat the scrubs and fold against better teams.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

BannerMountainMan

Oklahoma, and UCONN scrubs? Bucknell should've beat UNC so they must be scrubs, Fresno st looks good so they must be scrubs for sure, and Samford is a scrub.
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Danny J

Every year we lose at least 2 or 3 games like this a year. We are not an elite team. We are a good team that laid an egg. We will be fine.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 02, 2017, 09:37:54 pm
Oklahoma, and UCONN scrubs? Bucknell should've beat UNC so they must be scrubs, Fresno st looks good so they must be scrubs for sure, and Samford is a scrub.

Man! You've been busier than a California firefighter tonight. Tip of the hat to you sir.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Hogman2

WE read about how " good" we were and failed to PLAY TONIGHT! This will gather the teams attention that we have not "arrived" yet!

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Hogman2 on December 02, 2017, 09:41:27 pm
This will gather the teams attention that we have not "arrived" yet!

Well, if this doesn't, nothing will.
Hogs up! Covid down!

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: FineAsSwine on December 02, 2017, 09:40:20 pm
Man! You've been busier than a California firefighter tonight. Tip of the hat to you sir.
i do my best, I just can't let all these trolls come in 3 or 4 times a year and bash CMA pretty hard and call people fat like Thompson.
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Breems

Oh, good. Glad you had us figured out. I figured we'd lose to the scrubs and beat the really good teams.

Need we watch the rest of the games, or do you have a spreadsheet for us?
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Hawg Red

Quote from: Danny J on December 02, 2017, 09:39:25 pm
Every year we lose at least 2 or 3 games like this a year. We are not an elite team. We are a good team that laid an egg. We will be fine.

Exactly.

And we have fans who get too high after wins and too low after losses. I get that it was a HORRIBLE loss, we've beaten one, maybe two, better teams than Houston already. Ans Houston did look good. They looked the part of a tournament-caliber team and I was not expecting that after looking that their results up until tonight.

We'll make up for this game with a win over Minnesota hopefully.

hulk hog

6 seniors got beat 26 on the road by Houston but all is well.
paid for by the NHO... the NewHogOrder.....

WorfHog

Houston looked as good tonight as we looked on Sunday. The real truth is that The Hogs, Houston and UCONN probably aren't that far apart on their home court. Not a new thing for a CMA team to lay an egg for the first road game.

Hawg Red

Quote from: hulk hog on December 02, 2017, 09:51:48 pm

Hey, it's a bad loss for sure. Pathetic effort. But the season ain't over and we will beat a number of good teams this season. If there's anything I've learned from Anderson's time here, it's let them respond from a bad loss or two before you bury them. The crappy part of the non-conference schedule is you get these week-long gaps in between games. Don't like it. We played flat tonight. That's on them but a lack of routine doesn't help.

Breems

Quote from: Hawg Red on December 02, 2017, 09:56:03 pm
Hey, it's a bad loss for sure. Pathetic effort. But the season ain't over and we will beat a number of good teams this season. If there's anything I've learned from Anderson's time here, it's let them respond from a bad loss or two before you bury them. The crappy part of the non-conference schedule is you get these week-long gaps in between games. Don't like it. We played flat tonight. That's on them but a lack of routine doesn't help.

None of this would've happened if you were still Dogtown.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Hawg Red

Quote from: Breems on December 02, 2017, 09:57:44 pm
None of this would've happened if you were still Dogtown.

I have failed us indeed.

Danny J

They also started 3 seniors and 2 juniors plus the best player in the league and likely low first round draft pick. Houston may not be top 25 material but they will likely be a bubble team. We laid an egg. We played a tournament on the west coast with 3 games in 4 days...flew back home and practiced against ourselves for a week after feeling the high of destroying Uconn. Then jumped back on a plane to play another good team on the road. This stuff happens to good basketball teams EVERY year and is not an anomaly.

If we stay healthy and can keep Gafford out of foul trouble let's see where we are first of February. I bet we look like a pretty god team, not elite, but good.

GlassofSwine

Environments like that can be tough to play motivated, off campus on the road and no crowd. Sometimes games like that feel like a scrimmage. We played like we didn't want to be there, Houston played like they were defending their home court.

King Kong

I thought we would beat Houston. Didn't workout. At most we lose one more game before conference play starts. A lot of Sat home games we should win quite a bit.

We need a lot of work. MA's teams jell later in the year and if we can get Garland back it will really help.

code red

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 02, 2017, 09:37:54 pm
I think the concerning outcome is we got owned, destroyed....that is a concern.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

k.c.hawg

Houston lit it up, we played like crap. This team already has the best early season resume they have had in years!! At the end of the sxeason a road loss to Houston will do nothing more than show we played a very tough non-con schedule. We aren't Duke, we are a tournament team that needs to get better as the year goes along. That being the case, a bitch slapping at Houston gives these guys an opportunity to realize/understand the way they approached and played the game last night will not get it done for this unit.

To trolling posters bringing back your same tired crap when a loss pops up, find something else to do. Your crap is old and useless.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

hobhog

And that's why we can't have nice things. Not elite, just "good".

hawgtime

Quote from: HoggyCat on December 02, 2017, 09:34:43 pm
We are who I thought we'd be. We'll beat the scrubs and fold against better teams.

i agree.  we fold against the teams that RECRUIT playas!

hawgtime

Quote from: Danny J on December 02, 2017, 10:03:27 pm
They also started 3 seniors and 2 juniors plus the best player in the league and likely low first round draft pick. Houston may not be top 25 material but they will likely be a bubble team. We laid an egg. We played a tournament on the west coast with 3 games in 4 days...flew back home and practiced against ourselves for a week after feeling the high of destroying Uconn. Then jumped back on a plane to play another good team on the road. This stuff happens to good basketball teams EVERY year and is not an anomaly.

If we stay healthy and can keep Gafford out of foul trouble let's see where we are first of February. I bet we look like a pretty god team, not elite, but good.

doesn't matter, we aren't getting better!

Youngsta71701

Quote from: HoggyCat on December 02, 2017, 09:34:43 pm
So Oklahoma and UConn are scrubs. Hmmm, interesting... ???
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Youngsta71701

Clearly he thinks we're supposed to go undefeated. How delusional is that? :-\ We're good but we're not that good. Yet. Maybe we needed a good ass kicking. ???

Youngsta71701

They had 4 so what's your point? Just because you have 6 seniors you shouldn't lose a game?

Youngsta71701

Quote from: hawgtime on December 03, 2017, 08:38:08 am
doesn't matter, we aren't getting better!
And the "Dumbest Post of The Year" award goes to... Did we not get better as the season went along last season? Asking for a friend. Carry on...you're starting to show how much you really know about basketball and this program.

HawgsPolo

Hogs are fine, Macon just has to get back closer to 100 percent. MA has to coach them up because the way they lost was just plain bad. With that being said I expect some current starters roles to change. 
Go Cubs Go!!!!!

naturalbornpigger

Nothing has changed?  Disagree.  We have better players & more talent this year.  We still don't have a coach who can effectively adjust.  If we shoot well and play with some fire, we have a good chance to win.  If we don't shoot well we have no chance.  Also - take a look at the assists - we had 7.  That shows our execution of an offensive scheme is weak.  But that, as you say, has not changed.

Champs04

With 6 seniors with game experience, no you shouldn't lose by almost 30!

rude1

Quote from: Champs04 on December 03, 2017, 12:34:26 pm
With 6 seniors with game experience, no you shouldn't lose by almost 30!
Please stop with 6 seniors agenda talk!!!! Hopefully most of you are smart enough to understand that 4 of our "seniors"  are in their second season on the court with the team, only 2, Beard & Thompson are playing their 4th season here.

factchecker

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 02, 2017, 09:43:21 pm
i do my best, I just can't let all these trolls come in 3 or 4 times a year and bash CMA pretty hard and call people fat like Thompson.

The only happiness they get is when we lose.

They'll disappear soon.

Colorado State is up next.

Beat the Rams.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

USChog

Arkansas had a terrible shootinf night and just looked low energy from the start. A loss on the road to a decent UH team doesnt kill us

Knot2brite

I said it before the season and after the first couple games...there will be some nights like last night until we figure out who is going to do what and that means until the week before conference starts. There isnwill benlots of rotation and changes and attempts with people to see what they consistently do and can't do. We MUST find some interior offense and defense outside of Gafford dunking the ball and out only two "bigs" fouling out. Thomas, Bailey and Cook need to play their roles well and learn their responsibilities. It will be better when they get to be consistent. The problem is that they don't need to wait until the first of February to start being good consistent
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on December 03, 2017, 09:19:39 am
..you're starting to show how much you really know about basketball and this program.

that's not what I thought he was showing..