Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

You should be got darned ashamed....

Started by daprospecta, December 02, 2017, 09:17:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

daprospecta

Of yourselves. Anybody with eyes can see the improvement with this team and you bash this team on their first official road loss? Go kick rocks!

FineAsSwine

Quote from: daprospecta on December 02, 2017, 09:17:25 pm
Of yourselves. Anybody with eyes can see the improvement with this team and you bash this team on their first official road loss? Go kick rocks!

They're just frustrated. When we make the tournament they are going to be glued to the TV just like the rest of us. They just won't come on here and admit it. I think a few of them are hardcore trolls but most of them aren't.

oldbooniehog

I see improvement!

They will be an 8 seed or maybe a 7 seed in the NCAA tournament.

And lose early once again!

3kgthog

Quote from: FineAsSwine on December 02, 2017, 09:19:41 pm
They're just frustrated. When we make the tournament they are going to be glued to the TV just like the rest of us. They just won't come on here and admit it. I think a few of them are hardcore trolls but most of them aren't.

Darn right I'm frustrated and I have no problem admitting I'll keep watching. I desperately want to see this program come back. Despite what some here think, it's not back. Not yet anyway.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: 3kgthog on December 02, 2017, 09:34:21 pm
Darn right I'm frustrated and I have no problem admitting I'll keep watching. I desperately want to see this program come back. Despite what some here think, it's not back. Not yet anyway.

I wasn't a happy camper tonight either but I do think this team can get a lot better and most of that depends on Gafford getting acclimated to the college game and staying on the court.

TNhawgfan

Quote from: oldbooniehog on December 02, 2017, 09:21:09 pm
I see improvement!

They will be an 8 seed or maybe a 7 seed in the NCAA tournament.

And lose early once again!
7 seed...you are more optimistic than me
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

pigroots

Defense travels...we are not good on defense and on nights when our shots are off this is going to be the outcome. We've got to make defensive improvement to win on the road because thats when the other team typically shoots and plays better if we want to split our SEC road games this year

RzrbckMAJ

No excuse for getting beat the way they did last night, especially after what we've seen from them thus far.

I get it, sometimes your shots don't fall and the other team is shooting well.  But you know what? That's when you freaking buckle down and play lockdown defense!!  Hogs didn't do that and got embarrassed plain and simple.
"There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wound, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."
-- General George S. Patton, Jr

FineAsSwine

Quote from: RzrbckMAJ on December 03, 2017, 11:42:36 am
No excuse for getting beat the way they did last night, especially after what we've seen from them thus far.

I get it, sometimes your shots don't fall and the other team is shooting well.  But you know what? That's when you freaking buckle down and play lockdown defense!!  Hogs didn't do that and got embarrassed plain and simple.

Great points.  The team needs to come out with more energy and commit to playing tough defense for 40 minutes.

Rbill

Being frustrated and being a troll/hater are not the same thing. The frustration stems from the fact that we ARE good and have the personnel but misuse it in various ways. Like last year when we clearly were more successful running a zone d but took us forever to figure out.

hobhog

Just want to be relevant. We haven't been in decades.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: hobhog on December 03, 2017, 02:51:21 pm
Just want to be relevant. We haven't been in decades.
how many SEC teams have been relevant in the past 20 years besides a Florida program that has loaded recruits or Kentucky because they have a coach that has cheated his way to the top?
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

hobhog

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 03, 2017, 02:55:19 pm
how many SEC teams have been relevant in the past 20 years besides a Florida program that has loaded recruits or Kentucky because they have a coach that has cheated his way to the top?

So what?! Bad conference and we still can't get to top.

hogsanity

It is not the loss, it is that they lost the same way they have been losing since Mike got here. Long dry spells on offense, no answer when a team gets in their face and slows them down, poor perimeter D. It is just things that are systematic problems with Mike's style of play.

One game, on the road, against a decent Houston team is not really the issue ( although they are not that score better ) but it is seeing the same problems show up again.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hogsolutely

I really feel this team will learn from this, an feed off of it.  It was an embarrassing loss that luckily is early please god learn from it! 

pigture perfect

Shot selection is my issue. If you've got a team that is firing on all cylinders, the worst thing to do is to play into their rhythm. I know we understand this,  cause that's what we try to do against our other opponents. When our outside shots are not falling slow it down and work it inside, don't shoot with more that 20second still on the shot clock unless you are point blank. Slow the tempo when we aren't shooting well.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"