Previous topic - Next topic

HogAllMighty

This should be the line-up:

Macon
Barford
Jones
Gafford
Bailey

We can't afford to go in the hole anymore because "we want to bring players along slowly".  If you can play then shouldn't matter if you're a Freshman or not.

cardsNhogs

Quote from: HogAllMighty on December 02, 2017, 08:25:49 pm

Macon
Barford
Jones
Gafford
Bailey

We can't afford to go in the hole anymore because "we want to bring players along slowly".  If you can play then shouldn't matter if you're a Freshman or not.
Hey that is actually my favorite lineup. Wouldn't have mattered much tonight though..

Letsroll1200

Macon
Barford
Jones
Gafford
Bailey

Thompson didn't show up. I agree It's time to let him come off bench. This team is better with Gafford on the floor.

Danny J

Yes...Gafford needs to start.

Rbill

Macon
Barford
Jones
Gafford
Bailey

Well said. You are absolutely right. And then if we begin to lose we exacerbate the problem by insisting to only play 5 seniors for seemingly the rest of the game.
It must be said this is a consistent issue throughout the years and likely a reason for some transfers in the past.

Hogcephus

Thompson left the corner open all night!

BadHog

"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

Like it is

No , Thompson is FAT !!!!!!!!

Dr. Starcs

How about from here on out, nobody declare that Hawgball is back and this team is real, etc etc

Letsroll1200

Quote from: BadHog on December 02, 2017, 08:40:35 pm
Thompson is slow

No knock on him. He is who is. He's a back up and Gafford is special. This game was all about attitude

code red

Wins?  What is Mike's Malfunction?
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

LRHawg

When Barford and Macon are cold, we need that inside presence to keep the team in the game. Without that we appear to be boom or bust and that's not good.

daprospecta

Quote from: Like it is on December 02, 2017, 08:49:29 pm
I remember running into him on dickson going into his junior year. I told him I was proud of him for slimming down and making changes. Seemed like he has put that weight back on.

HogAllMighty

Let's just hope this doesn't become a "bad" loss at the end of the season. (RPI)

FineAsSwine

Quote from: HogAllMighty on December 02, 2017, 09:38:04 pm
Let's just hope this doesn't become a "bad" loss at the end of the season. (RPI)

Yeah, I hope Houston and UConn finish 1-2 in their league.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: HogAllMighty on December 02, 2017, 09:38:04 pm

Regardless of how Houston finishes up, this is a bad loss. No doubt about it.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 02, 2017, 10:55:33 pm
Regardless of how Houston finishes up, this is a bad loss. No doubt about it.
good thing they don't look at margin of the games
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

JONAS

Quote from: Like it is on December 02, 2017, 08:49:29 pm

I didn't want to say it, but I was thinking it.

RazorPiggie

Thompson. 22 mins 0 points.

HogFoo

This was a trap game.  easy to see that.  we hadn't played in a week.  they played a game midweek.  we came into the game lackadaisical and they came in hot.  it showed.  we looked tired and uninspired and they looked like they were hungry.  we did not.  i'm not worried about it.  it is a teaching moment for Mike.  yes, I hate that they lost, but it doesn't bother me as much as it would have had they been focused and then got blown out.  they obviously weren't focused tho.  Mike needs to make them realize that.   did you guys not hear the announcers kept saying how much Houston was practicing on defense etc.. even before the game..  two sessions on game day?   they were extremely focuses on the game and we weren't.  simple.   I am guessing that it wont happen again this season.   where we just roll into a gym and expect to win without giving full effort. 
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

MountieDawg

Macon
Barford
Jones
Gafford
Bailey

So no substitutions... These guys play 40 minutes... Do you want to call it "40 minutes of 5 guys"?
SEC!

FineAsSwine

Quote from: RazorPiggie on December 02, 2017, 11:49:27 pm
Thompson. 22 mins 0 points.

That is a very telling stat. He also had 0 assists which is supposed to be his strong suite. Unacceptable, especially from a senior.
Hogs up! Covid down!

HogAllMighty

Quote from: MountieDawg on December 03, 2017, 07:09:32 am
So no substitutions... These guys play 40 minutes... Do you want to call it "40 minutes of 5 guys"?

Last I checked there were 12 guys on the team not including "Eugene Nash".

BannerMountainMan

Lineup should be
Barford
Macon
Jones
Thomas
Gafford

Bring in TT when Gafford picks up his first two fouls within 3 minutes. Bring Beard in when Jones is cold or to give breaks. Hall shouldn't play much unless the game becomes a track meet and easy layups/dunks are happening, Right now Thomas over Bailey because Thomas is an Offensive rebounding machine and Bailey is struggling as of late and taking a few jumpers that he shouldn't.
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Johnny Bobo