Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top 25...

Started by Sigepgator702, December 02, 2017, 08:10:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sigepgator702

This is why we aren't respected by the media.  Another awful blowout loss on the road if you can even call this a true road game.  It's frustrating being a Hog fan period, no matter the sport.

Dr. Starcs

This score can't be right.

Everyone here told us how special this team was and that hawgball was back.

oldbooniehog

Anybody who hollers "we get no respect" or who asks why Hogs aren't ranked merely needs to look at back the Houston game.

BannerMountainMan

We went from a really good team to a horribly mediocre team in 1 game, I can dig it.
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Sigepgator702

What's frustrating is that I thought we were mature enough to beat a decent team on the road.  I'm sure the entire week off didn't help either.  Yes they shot lights out, but how many open 3s did they have?  It looked like so many other bad road losses that we've suffered.  I'm hopeful that this will be a good teaching moment.  I doubt we crack the top 25 all year; I hope I'm wrong.

code red

Quote from: Sigepgator702 on December 02, 2017, 08:10:19 pm
This is why we aren't respected by the media.  Another awful blowout loss on the road if you can even call this a true road game.  It's frustrating being a Hog fan period, no matter the sport.
Exactly yep is what it is?  For how long!  Minnesota ain't scared.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

hobhog

How many weeks has MA been ranked since here?

rzrbackramsfan

FineAsSwine

We really looked bad tonight so you guys have fun with it. Fire away. The teams performance tonight is certainly open to criticism.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Danny J

Quote from: FineAsSwine on December 02, 2017, 08:54:28 pm
We really looked bad tonight so you guys have fun with it. Fire away. The teams performance tonight is certainly open to criticism.
Agreed...I could come up with a few rationalizations that would make sense for the blowout loss and likely be a combination of all however every year we have 2 or 3 of these games from CMA teams. It will get fixed. I think Gafford getting the start will help and I would also start Jones over Beard and allow Barford to run the offense or at least initiate the offense. Thompson should get as few minutes as we can get away with.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Danny J on December 02, 2017, 09:02:06 pm
Agreed...I could come up with a few rationalizations that would make sense for the blowout loss and likely be a combination of all however every year we have 2 or 3 of these games from CMA teams. It will get fixed. I think Gafford getting the start will help and I would also start Jones over Beard and allow Barford to run the offense or at least initiate the offense. Thompson should get as few minutes as we can get away with.

I agree with you. Gafford is key. If we could get 28 minutes a game out of Gafford and 12 from Trey, that would help with interior scoring, defense and rebounding.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Sigepgator702

I'm not a hater!  I just call it as I see it.  How many times was our offense stagnant and just threw up a prayer with seconds left on the shot clock?  I'll just chalk it up as a bad night.  I love Anderson and he will be fine.  I'm just stating that we will win, but unless we go on a long winning streak, the top 25 will elude us.

batmanfan

We have basically been ranked for about half of one season in Mikes going on 7 seasons here. This season looks to be following a similar pattern. Not good enough.
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

rude1

As I said before, this is a good team, not a great team by any stretch. If they don't bring their A game every night, they risk embarrassment, as they aren't nearly good enough to show up and get a "W" without playing at or near their best.

Those talking Sweet 16 & Elite 8 might want to slow their roll, we will look like great one night, and like we aren't NIT caliber on some other nights.

TNhawgfan

There are several teams in the SEC who are ranked, and guess what, they all look better than us. Guess we'll find out the next few weeks
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

popcornhog

Quote from: Sigepgator702 on December 02, 2017, 08:10:19 pm

I don't have the numbers in front of me, but we have seen significant improvement on the road since Mike started.

That's why we needed to fire Bielema — he wasn't improving over the course of his tenure in any tangible way. Mike is improving in key areas, such as road winning percentage.

That was a horrible game, but it was just one game. I'm happy with what I've seen in the aggregate this year and believe that we have a high ceiling if we correct some very correctable problems (IE Gafford's foul issues).
WPS

JayHog

Quote from: TNhawgfan on December 03, 2017, 10:31:27 am
There are several teams in the SEC who are ranked, and guess what, they all look better than us. Guess we'll find out the next few weeks

BS!  They couldn't have looked better than us in 5 of our first 6 games. Handing UCONN their worst defeat in 40 years.  Being up by 30+ points on potential NCAA tournament teams Samford and Bucknel?  Kentucky wouldn't be up on Bucknell or Samford or UCONN by over 30 points. They struggled and barely won against several of their smaller no-name conference opponents

Adam Stokes

For those with geography deficiencies wondering if it was actually a road game since Houston had to travel to a whole 'nother university and such.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Adam Stokes on December 03, 2017, 12:10:43 pm
For those with geography deficiencies wondering if it was actually a road game since Houston had to travel to a whole 'nother university and such.

That was a weird game honestly.  First, that place was in the hood! Second, everyone was wearing red but hog fans were super quiet.  Third, it was super loud there, small gym, powerful speakers, loud band, with lots of mean things to say.

The hogs basically walked into a buzz saw. 

hobhog

Again: how many times have MA coached Razorbacks been ranked over his 7 years?

bhamp10

Yall quit on this team faster than Auburn quits on Gus! It's fine to question a loss like that but don't give up so easily.

WorfHog

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 02, 2017, 08:42:09 pm
We went from a really good team to a horribly mediocre team in 1 game, I can dig it.

The truth is that we're somewhere in between with a shot at really good.

Breems

Speaking of Top 25, Bama lost at home to UCF today.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Breems on December 03, 2017, 10:43:54 pm
Speaking of Top 25, Bama lost at home to UCF today.
read the thread it happens
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

J-Five

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on December 02, 2017, 08:52:37 pm
Welcome back haters.

I knew this would happen.  Look to see this after EVERY loss.  Our fans are the best....(sarcasm).  Guess we were supposed to go undefeated this year.  I didn't get the memo...
"If the person you're criticizing is doing it better than you are, close your mouth"

TNhawgfan

Rick Barnes has UT back in the top 25 in year 2. The same UT that was predicted to be at the very bottom of the SEC last year (14th) and toward the bottom this year (11th). He's already beaten NC State, Georgia Tech, and Purdue this year. MA with a senior laden team can't stay within 20 of Houston, yet the people upset are haters.

TNhawgfan

Quote from: J-Five on December 04, 2017, 07:34:55 am
I knew this would happen.  Look to see this after EVERY loss.  Our fans are the best....(sarcasm).  Guess we were supposed to go undefeated this year.  I didn't get the memo...
Here's another memo: hog fans are tired of losing by 20 + when we play decent power 5 schools on the road. Oklahoma State, Iowa State, Houston, etc.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: TNhawgfan on December 04, 2017, 02:54:46 pm
Rick Barnes has UT back in the top 25 in year 2. The same UT that was predicted to be at the very bottom of the SEC last year (14th) and toward the bottom this year (11th). He's already beaten NC State, Georgia Tech, and Purdue this year. MA with a senior laden team can't stay within 20 of Houston, yet the people upset are haters.
there's one good win out of that 😂 And Arkansas still has a better RPI, and they'll be back out of it in the next two weeks 😂

mizzouman

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 04, 2017, 03:05:02 pm
there's one good win out of that 😂 And Arkansas still has a better RPI, and they'll be back out of it in the next two weeks 😂
RPI doesn't mean a thing this point of the year

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: mizzouman on December 04, 2017, 03:22:18 pm
RPI doesn't mean a thing this point of the year
neither doesn't rankings

mizzouman

Fan701

Quote from: TNhawgfan on December 04, 2017, 02:54:46 pm
Pretty much the same Tennessee team we beat at Knoxville last year, so I'm not overly impressed yet.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: J-Five on December 04, 2017, 07:34:55 am

Like clockwork