Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wow. Run out of the gym.

Started by hobhog, December 02, 2017, 08:02:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MountieDawg

I have been underwhelmed with MA's success his first 5 years... But this team has looked impressive this year.  If you are playing well through pretty much all the games, you just have to realize its one game and teams have bad games.  Don't get caught up in how bad it was, just hope it takes them down a peg and puts them back at it hard in practice.  Losing to NC was no shame and I am sure how they felt.  Losing to Houston will hurt and the most important thing is how they respond!
SEC!

porkinsons disease

Quote from: LA Football fan on December 03, 2017, 09:54:40 am
When you basically have no set type offense, you don't have anything to fall back on when your outside shots aren't falling.  That is Mike's biggest weakness as a HC.  When his shooters are cold his offense just plain sucks because he hasn't given the team anything else to fall back on to keep them in the game.

Having set plays to get the ball inside to draw fouls or get easy baskets just is not a staple of Mike's coaching.  Throw in our usual lackluster defense on the perimenter and leaving shooters open and results like this are inevitable.  We will win more than we lose because we do have some good shooters on this team and we will play lights out at home.  This is what you get from a Mike Anderson coached  team.  Embrace it because this is what  you will get every year.  Wins that look impressive and you think hog ball is  back and then losses that make you scratch your head and wonder where did that other team go.   This team will make the tourney and if our shooters go on a roll we could make some noise but expect at least 3-4 more losses like this this year.   Mike has made us a better program and better team, it is  just his coaching prowess has flaws and it is the difference in being a really good team and being an elite team.
^^^ Nailed it. It's just one game, but it's similar to every year. Ball movement is non-existent,3 people chasing the ball on D, no inside scoring (pass the ball around a bit, and jack up a 3). We look great when the 3's are falling from the one-on-one offense, but have no fallback plan (running a few set plays,Playing hardnose D) when they are not.

I'm not a "hater", but have seen this for 6 years. GO HOGS
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

jchill

December 03, 2017, 10:25:22 am #52 Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 12:32:14 pm by jchill
Quote from: hobhog on December 02, 2017, 08:02:03 pm
I'll wait for the explanations on getting destroyed on a neutral court. My answer is Sampson vs Anderson, but will defer.

Brings back ugly memories when we first played Okie, when Sampson was the coach. Najara went completely off and destroyed us. We could never solve Sampson at Oklahoma.

TexArkHogFan

Matt Zimmerman said it best.  The Hogs got outplayed in every aspect of the game.  It was obvious from the beginning we weren't ready to play this game.  Outplayed, outcoached and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

zuko

To the tune of "I Can See Clearly Now" ;   I can see clearly now, the Cupcakes are gone, the rest of the games will be schools like us.