Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wow. Run out of the gym.

Started by hobhog, December 02, 2017, 08:02:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hobhog

I'll wait for the explanations on getting destroyed on a neutral court. My answer is Sampson vs Anderson, but will defer.

cardsNhogs

Quote from: hobhog on December 02, 2017, 08:02:03 pm
I'll wait for the explanations on getting destroyed on a neutral court. My answer is Sampson vs Anderson, but will defer.
This is Ugly! I will say we run some good offense

oldbooniehog

cal34

Embarrassing.  Gonna be a long year.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: cal34 on December 02, 2017, 08:05:41 pm
Embarrassing.  Gonna be a long year.
not it's not 😂😂😂😂
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

TNhawgfan

Quote from: cal34 on December 02, 2017, 08:05:41 pm
Gonna be a long year.
Don't agree with you on that, but also didn't agree with the we're a sweet 16 crowd. We may sneak in again as a 9 or 10 seed
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Hawg Red

The answer is Houston is red hot.

3kgthog

Such is life as an Arkansas fan. Just when you think you've turned a corner, here comes another ass whipping. Happens every year.

hobhog

I hope Sampson was wearing protection.

The real Hogules

We're flat footed on BOTH ends of the court. A STEP slow getting where we need to be.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Too much time off in between games.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

cardsNhogs

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 02, 2017, 08:06:06 pm
not it's not 😂😂😂😂
SEC is good and we really looked bad tonight. Seems like we go 1on1 a lot on offense when we go against a good m2m defense like tonight.

hawgball40

cardsNhogs

Quote from: 3kgthog on December 02, 2017, 08:07:46 pm
Such is life as an Arkansas fan. Just when you think you've turned a corner, here comes another ass whipping. Happens every year.
It is frustrating

HawgsPolo

Absolutely unacceptable, this team is much better. A week layoff and they looked unprepared or ready to play this game.
Go Cubs Go!!!!!

hawgmasta

It was very ugly but it's still too early to tell if this was just a bad game or if we're not as good as we thought we were.

Letsroll1200

It's there home floor. They're unable to play in their arena. It's not a neutral site game.

TNhawgfan

Quote from: hawgmasta on December 02, 2017, 08:12:02 pm
It was very ugly but it's still too early to tell if this was just a bad game or if we're not as good as we thought we were.
Agreed. Time will tell
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

hawgball40

As a long time MA defender, i'm starting to question my loyalty to the man. This is unacceptable loss IMO. not with a team that has looked so good this year. ONe thing to get whipped like this by NC. another to get whipped like this by freaking houston

Tejano Jawg

I'm flipping back and forth between this and the Big 10 game. Playing a decent non-conf name (I know nothing about Houston this year)...don't we need to win games like this?

Or, how about, NOT get blown out and embarrassed. Sheesh.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

hulk hog

Quote from: Hawg Red on December 02, 2017, 08:07:34 pm
Well that usually happens when you don't play defense.
paid for by the NHO... the NewHogOrder.....

BDSCT51

Agreed. I figured there were going to be some ups and downs in December. The guys just look like they have "tired legs". We'll see.
Bleeding Razorback Red

cal34

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on December 02, 2017, 08:16:49 pm
I'm flipping back and forth between this and the Big 10 game. Playing a decent non-conf name (I know nothing about Houston this year)...don't we need to win games like this?

Or, how about, NOT get blown out and embarrassed. Sheesh.

A good loss they say😝

Dr. Starcs

Guys the Rockets gave some elite talent. You can't expect us to hold James Harden down 

cardsNhogs

yeah we let Luke Maye do that also

rzrbackramsfan

I'm. Here. Probably 50% hogs fans but still a very intimidating environment.

hobhog

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on December 02, 2017, 08:12:57 pm
It's there home floor. They're unable to play in their arena. It's not a neutral site game.

Ok. A gym in Houston area with 100 fans. Stand corrected. Feel better.

Mo_Better_Hogs

Wow, was that ugly. Held to 30 under our average?

I didn't see the beginning, were our top 5 players suspended? Thought I saw them out there. Or was there a food poisoning story?

alohawg

Arkansas lost 91-65 to a team that barely beat LIBERTY 68-66. Let that sink in.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: alohawg on December 02, 2017, 08:41:30 pm
some teams are hot and some teams aren't, that's what you get when you play this style, most teams don't get hot but you have the few games they do, but that still Probably wouldn't of prevented a loss, still got to have better half court sets
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

hobhog

That was a bad loss. MA just lost all his brownie points for sure.

hobhog

Quote from: BDSCT51 on December 02, 2017, 08:18:52 pm
Agreed. I figured there were going to be some ups and downs in December. The guys just look like they have "tired legs". We'll see.

Early in year and had a week off. Really?

Cmheinley

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on December 02, 2017, 08:12:57 pm

Yup. A home game for them even though it's on a temporary court. Give them credit, they shot over 50% and we barely shot 30%. We had a terrible night. These things happen. We shot 60+% against UCONN I believe. I think this will end up leading to more disciplined basketball for future games.

lynbug

We'll have a better idea a week from now. 

FineAsSwine

Plus, the Hogs played like the whole team has an advanced case of low T.
Hogs up! Covid down!

rwspear

and we just gave uconn their worst loss in 40 years

i swear yall are dumber than a bag of hammers

lynbug

Yeah, after tonight I'm coming back down off the cloud.  I personally don't like  some of the groupings on the floor together. JMO.

bhamp10

Played a good team on the road, 4 games on the road in a row, it's a long season, plenty of upside to this team, don't let one game determine who we are as a team. SMH

Letsroll1200

Attitude and effort. There has to be accountability from the locker room. It's hard to find a Beck and Mcdaniel.  It didn't matter they would play hard no matter what. Attitude.

Breems

Nah, we didn't beat OU because Anderson vs. Kruger.

Sampson didn't have to do anything. They started red hot and never cooled off. We started ice cold and never heated up. Eventually that leads to terrible defense and shot selection. Our lack of low post offense will kill us in games like this. No easy answers to stop the bleeding.

Need a win over Minnesota to cover up that choke job.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on December 02, 2017, 09:03:51 pm
Attitude and effort. There has to be accountability from the locker room. It's hard to find a Beck and Mcdaniel.  It didn't matter they would play hard no matter what. Attitude.

Gafford has to figure out how to stay on the floor. Beard competed for the whole game. I don't have a problem with his effort and attitude. The rest of the guys seemed off except for Jones maybe.
Hogs up! Covid down!

JenksHawg

Quote from: The real Hogules on December 02, 2017, 08:09:31 pm
We're flat footed on BOTH ends of the court. A STEP slow getting where we need to be.
[/quote

And zero from the front court - as usual

BannerMountainMan

Anderson> Kruger, and Ollie. We got ourselfs a great coach!!!

Letsroll1200

Quote from: FineAsSwine on December 02, 2017, 09:09:12 pm
Gafford has to figure out how to stay on the floor. Beard competed for the whole game. I don't have a problem with his effort and attitude. The rest of the guys seemed off except for Jones maybe.

I'm talking more about Macon. He takes plays off on defense.

eagle1

We had a great week of practice
Nothing on film that can't be fixed
We're close

With tonight's performance thought MA might wanna borrow BB's post game comments

texas tush hog

Slater

Thus far in your wonderful book, Mike is 0 and 2 and the team is undefeated, man what a shock you hate on Mike
FASTEST 40 ILUVMIKE

20gauge

Ollie is a horrible coach. Caught a hot run with walker and got a title.

TheRazorback500

Thompson and Gafford were nonexistent. Houston had nothing inside and we couldn't take advantage. Very disappointing to lose this game. Time to re-lick the calf.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

LA Football fan

When you basically have no set type offense, you don't have anything to fall back on when your outside shots aren't falling.  That is Mike's biggest weakness as a HC.  When his shooters are cold his offense just plain sucks because he hasn't given the team anything else to fall back on to keep them in the game.

Having set plays to get the ball inside to draw fouls or get easy baskets just is not a staple of Mike's coaching.  Throw in our usual lackluster defense on the perimenter and leaving shooters open and results like this are inevitable.  We will win more than we lose because we do have some good shooters on this team and we will play lights out at home.  This is what you get from a Mike Anderson coached  team.  Embrace it because this is what  you will get every year.  Wins that look impressive and you think hog ball is  back and then losses that make you scratch your head and wonder where did that other team go.   This team will make the tourney and if our shooters go on a roll we could make some noise but expect at least 3-4 more losses like this this year.   Mike has made us a better program and better team, it is  just his coaching prowess has flaws and it is the difference in being a really good team and being an elite team.