Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I'm hearing $49M over 7 years

Started by Martygit, December 02, 2017, 07:55:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Martygit

is the offer Ark is making to Gus - $7M/yr - pretty good source - usually reliable - said it publicly - we'll see
RIP OTR, REV

hoglady

Damn - we got a lot of money considering the buyouts we'll be paying.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

Calling All Hogs

DoctorSusscrofa

Love that buyout! Hogville gonna love it too!
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

woodrow hog call

"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

hoglady

That's crazy money.
Just because A&M went full retard doesn't mean everyone else should.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

247Hog

Saban is the ONLY coach worth that. UF and Mullen has made this a horrible year to buy a coach.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

Rzback

how about $500,000 for each non-SEC win and $1,000,000 for each SEC win or Bowl win and -$300,000 for each Non-SEC loss and -$750,000 for each SEC or Bowl loss?
Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

BartIV

247Hog

Quote from: Rzback on December 02, 2017, 08:02:25 pm
how about $500,000 for each non-SEC win and $1,000,000 for each SEC win or Bowl win and -$300,000 for each Non-SEC loss and -$750,000 for each SEC or Bowl loss?

CBB would owe us $20 million.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

Martygit

Quote from: 247Hog on December 02, 2017, 08:02:04 pm
Saban is the ONLY coach worth that. UF and Mullen has made this a horrible year to buy a coach.

Fisher got $7.5 ($75 over 10 years) from A&M so the stakes have been raised in the SEC
RIP OTR, REV

Atlhogfan1

Stupid.  But Jimbo kinda forced the market and if this is who we want we'll have to pay.

Just hope we immediately put expectations and standards on Gus to where he feels the pressure to win. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

missippihog

hehawg

Quote from: ResIpsaLoquitur on December 02, 2017, 07:55:06 pm
is the offer Ark is making to Gus - $7M/yr - pretty good source - usually reliable - said it publicly - we'll see

bs
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

rljjr

Holy crap. We could get a much better upside for about 3M less per year. That's STUPID money to throw away just to do this again in 5 years.

Redhogs

Pure insanity if true...what a joke this athletic dept has become. Gus's record over the last 5 years at AU is 8-5...nothing else to say.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Deuce Pigelow

Quote from: BartIV on December 02, 2017, 08:03:15 pm
Are you paying for it?

Yes. Yes we are. When they keep jacking ticket prices and concessions up. And the pledge to the RF. Yes!! We are damn paying for it

hog911

Quote from: hoglady on December 02, 2017, 08:00:39 pm
That's crazy money.
Just because A&M went full retard doesn't mean everyone else should.

Lol, simple jack!!!!

Redhogs

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 02, 2017, 08:05:09 pm
Stupid.  But Jimbo kinda forced the market and if this is who we want we'll have to pay.

Just hope we immediately put expectations and standards on Gus to where he feels the pressure to win.
with  that kind of money, he's here forever...no matter what...why on earth would you do that after the bert debacle?? blows the mind..
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

bythelake

Surely not true,  Gus is a fired coach in the making here.

TNhawgfan

I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Deuce Pigelow on December 02, 2017, 08:12:46 pm

Yes. Yes we are. When they keep jacking ticket prices and concessions up. And the pledge to the RF. Yes!! We are damn paying for it

Gotta decide if you are in or out...
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Bubba's Bruisers

We are dumb enough to have actually offered that.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Piggie

Quote from: Rzback on December 02, 2017, 08:02:25 pm

Performance based pay! I like it!
It's a great day to be a Bryant Hornet!

BigSexyHog

Get Gus and you have a chance with a certain 2019 QB from Houston
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

1highhog

December 02, 2017, 08:23:07 pm #27 Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 10:02:37 pm by 1highhog

I know that most of Hogville wants Gus to be our Coach, but does anyone think he'll average more than 9 wins a season here?  That's what he needs to do IMO for that kind of money, if not, hire Mike Norvell now for 3 million a year and see how he works.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Redhogs on December 02, 2017, 08:15:48 pm
with  that kind of money, he's here forever...no matter what...why on earth would you do that after the bert debacle?? blows the mind..

Because we're Arkansas.  We like coach for life situations.   
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

ricepig

Quote from: 1highhog on December 02, 2017, 08:23:07 pm
I know that most of Hogville wants Gus to be our Coach, but doespecially anyone think he'll average more than 9 wins a season here?  That's what he needs to do IMO for that kind of money, if not, hire Mike Norvell now for 3 million a year and see how he works.

Norvell has an offer from Memphis for 3+, it will take more than that.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: BigSexyHog on December 02, 2017, 08:23:01 pm

Which isn't a legitimate reason to get Gus.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

atekido

Believe it when I see it.  Not a single person on this forum has proven to have consistent reliable information.  Just people claiming every thing they can over and over until something happens then pretending they knew lol.

hotdog hog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 02, 2017, 08:24:44 pm
Because we're Arkansas.  We like coach for life situations.
They can do that because the boosters that want Gus are paying the tab. If you and I were footing the bill, we'd want to choose our coach as well I'd think.

NashvilleHog

We could go offer James Franklin that.  He's 100x the coach than Gus
On gameday at Neyland Stadium you can count the number of people with full sets of teeth on one hand.

rude1

Quote from: Redhogs on December 02, 2017, 08:15:48 pm
This. Guess they still haven't learned to pay after on field success not before.

Martygit

Quote from: atekido on December 02, 2017, 08:29:22 pm
Believe it when I see it.  Not a single person on this forum has proven to have consistent reliable information.  Just people claiming every thing they can over and over until something happens then pretending they knew lol.

What's your point  ;)
RIP OTR, REV

King Kong

Quote from: BigSexyHog on December 02, 2017, 08:23:01 pm

Nope. He has a great relationship with Fisher

devildoghawg

Quote from: 1highhog on December 02, 2017, 08:23:07 pm
I know that most of Hogville wants Gus to be our Coach, but doespecially anyone think he'll average more than 9 wins a season here?  That's what he needs to do IMO for that kind of money, if not, hire Mike Norvell now for 3 million a year and see how he works.

How is averaging 9 wins a year at Arkansas not a win?
Quote from: kingofdequeen on July 25, 2013, 06:21:48 pm
If you've got a dumba** son, do you love him any less?  no.  you just overlook his faults b/c you love him.  At least that's what my dad does.

GoHogzzGo

Don't care what the $$ is just win.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: devildoghawg on December 02, 2017, 08:34:31 pm

I would take 9 win average in a heart beat.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

hehawg

Gus HC Hugh Freeze OC  Charlie Strong DC
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

Peter Porker

Quote from: devildoghawg on December 02, 2017, 08:34:31 pm

9 wins at Auburn is like 7 wins here.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

rljjr

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on December 02, 2017, 08:47:12 pm
Don't care what the $$ is just win.

Well get him and we'll win 7 games a year.

Peter Porker

Quote from: hehawg on December 02, 2017, 08:48:50 pm
Gus HC Hugh Freeze OC  Charlie Strong DC

Please tell me you're not being serious.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

alohawg

I thought they fixed stupid by firing Jeff?
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

AirWarren

ricepig

hehawg

#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

Salted Pork

Quote from: alohawg on December 02, 2017, 08:50:25 pm
I thought they fixed stupid by firing Jeff?

No, the stupids won by firing Jeff.

Martygit

Quote from: AP85 on December 02, 2017, 08:50:52 pm
He ain't coming.

My gut tells me you're right - but I'm thinking about going to vomit right now so there's that
RIP OTR, REV