Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Malzahn says

Started by Peter Porker, December 02, 2017, 07:00:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

redeye

Quote from: Porked Tongue on December 02, 2017, 07:28:12 pm
Where was "yes"?

He said "I wanna be" and I'm not sure how else to interpret that, except that he wants to coach Auburn next year.

Piggie

Quote from: tusked on December 02, 2017, 07:03:39 pm
Well move on from Gus then.  That's BS.  You called the hogs remember Gus.  It's time to put up or shut for good.

Come and you'll be supported and loved.  Stay and you are what you are.

Amen!
It's a great day to be a Bryant Hornet!

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: hog911 on December 02, 2017, 07:09:15 pm
if that's the case forget him and he's done as an Arkansan! Enjoy Alabama and don't dare move back home!!!!!
Agree and I don't want to ever hear from Malzhan again!! Ever he's a fake and we need to move on now! Been wanting Gus but not after that..Fook him and fook his big money enablers!! I'm done don't want him! I want him to be the Auburn coach!!!! Fook him!

ladyhogfan

Quote from: hogfansince79 on December 02, 2017, 07:12:24 pm
What are you talking about?  He said, "I want to be (the coach at Auburn next year)." 

I saw the interview on SEC network, while his words said "I want to stay at Auburn",  his facial expressions and tone of voice displayed zero enthusiasm.  Struck me as someone was saying something that he was told to say in response to a direct question about his plans.  Not saying I think Gus is coming here, right now I'd just as soon have Norvell.  But if Gus was truly wanting to stay at Auburn he sure didn't sound like it.

Martygit

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 02, 2017, 07:27:16 pm
Ok, that makes all the difference. Thanks for that. /s

the point is that he didn't say that he would be their coach and he easily could have said that - by not saying it and saying he wants to be, he puts himself in a negotiating position that the PTB at both Auburn and Ark know that they're in a bidding war - and, that's not sarcasm, just an understanding of negotiation
RIP OTR, REV

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Redhogs on December 02, 2017, 07:12:53 pm
Make that tonight and we agree....

The second he said he wanted to be the coach at Auburn
we should have moved on to the next man up. I don't even want the fake as punk anymore.

I apologize to everybody on this site..I was wrong he has been doing nothing but playing us!!

I hope you guys can forgive me!

buldozer

Gus will lose all respect in AR if he just uses our offer as negotiating leverage.... just sayin

HogFan1973

Quote from: rljjr on December 02, 2017, 07:27:08 pm
If the man wants to be at Auburn then let's go get Norvell and call it a day.

Agreed.  Let's hire Norvell and move forward.

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: ResIpsaLoquitur on December 02, 2017, 07:32:37 pm
the point is that he didn't say that he would be their coach and he easily could have said that - by not saying it and saying he wants to be, he puts himself in a negotiating position that the PTB at both Auburn and Ark know that they're in a bidding war - and, that's not sarcasm, just an understanding of negotiation

If he wants to go to the highest bidder, that's fine. But "I wanna be Auburn's coach" ain't "I love both schools."  If he wants to be Auburn's coach, he's saying "come on Auburn!" I can't wait to replay that quote every time we face Auburn.
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

Peter Porker

Quote from: ladyhogfan on December 02, 2017, 07:32:18 pm
I saw the interview on SEC network, while his words said "I want to stay at Auburn",  his facial expressions and tone of voice displayed zero enthusiasm.  Struck me as someone was saying something that he was told to say in response to a direct question about his plans.  Not saying I think Gus is coming here, right now I'd just as soon have Norvell.  But if Gus was truly wanting to stay at Auburn he sure didn't sound like it.

That's always him.

He has the personality of a house plant.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Eddie Goodson

It was a "We just got our tails kicked on national tv and I really don't want to discuss that with you right now." answer.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

rude1

Gus using Arkansas to get long term commitment from Auburn, if he gets it he stays,  he doesn't he leaves.

hogfansince79

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." — George Carlin

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on December 02, 2017, 07:37:24 pm
It was a "We just got our tails kicked on national tv and I really don't want to discuss that with you right now." answer.
exactly this
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

riverhog

SemperFi

I heard, "I'm not interested in coaching at Arkansas". Time to pull the trigger on Norvell.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

riverhog

Fan1958

Do you really think he would make an announcement on the field immediately after a loss in a game like this? Remember Saban's response right before he left Miami for Bama?  Tells me he is probably gone from Auburn. If he really is going to be at Auburn, and knows he is safe, why would he not say I WILL be at Auburn next year?
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

Porked Tongue

Quote from: redeye on December 02, 2017, 07:30:02 pm
He said "I wanna be" and I'm not sure how else to interpret that, except that he wants to coach Auburn next year.
If they meet his conditions.

seasonhog

That is how I read it also.......

HogPharmer

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 02, 2017, 07:14:12 pm
It is about $?  Thought he wanted to come home. Or was that when he thought he was going to be fired?
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

silverandbluedc

Do people really think he'd answer any differently? He is doing a press conference after the SECCG. This answer minimizes the focus on this question. If he answers negatively it hurts his bargaining power with both Auburn and Arkansas. This means absolutely nothing.

Fan1958

Quote from: hogfansince79 on December 02, 2017, 07:40:23 pm
Well, I don't know how much clearer he could make that unless he said - Frick Arkansas.

Wow.  What I read is "I'm out the door."  He NEVER definitively said he was staying at Auburn. And he was given 3 opportunities to say that.
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: Fan1958 on December 02, 2017, 07:44:15 pm
Wow.  What I read is "I'm out the door."  He NEVER definitively said he was staying at Auburn.

Yeah. I wanna be coach of Auburn next year, does sound exactly like that.
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

sw403

I guess a lot of y'all would leave your job without an offer from someone els.  Y'all are crazy and radical

Peter Porker

Quote from: sw403 on December 02, 2017, 07:45:45 pm
I guess a lot of y'all would leave your job without an offer from someone els.  Y'all are crazy and radical

Lol you think we haven't offered yet?

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Porked Tongue

I 'want to" keep my job to and get an extra million or two each year.

Hogarusa

He was sitting next to his players. U guys need to be better with coach speak
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Martygit

Look at it this way:  If he answers "yes" to that question, he loses his negotiating ability with Auburn because he's already stated that he'll be there next year

It opens the door to him negotiating with both Auburn and Ark

If both come in with attractive offers, he and his family can consider them and decide

If he decides Arkansas, he can say, "I gave Auburn a chance but they didn't offer what I needed - Arkansas did"
RIP OTR, REV

sowmonella

Quote from: SemperFi on December 02, 2017, 07:41:08 pm
I heard, "I'm not interested in coaching at Arkansas". Time to pull the trigger on Norvell.

I agree. A better choice from the start.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Atlhogfan1

If we make a competitive offer which I would think we would, I think he chooses the Hogs. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Martygit

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 02, 2017, 07:46:40 pm
Lol you think we haven't offered yet?

Actually, I don't think we had - that is until tonight - that is when Ark would be talking to his agent and making an offer
RIP OTR, REV

TNRazorbacker

That's a bland legalese kind of noncommittal answer anyone would give in this situation. He's not going to put on a Hog visor and do a Hog call during the post game press conference. The conversations that matter will happen outside the limelight like they always do. It's a negotiation. We'll hear how things turn out when it's time.

HiggiePiggy

What he wants from auburn is probably more job security and at least 6 mil a year.  I would want job security also especially from a program like Auburn who doesn't give a damn about their coaches mostly.  The fans are extremely crazy. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Peter Porker

Quote from: ResIpsaLoquitur on December 02, 2017, 07:50:10 pm
Actually, I don't think we had - that is until tonight - that is when Ark would be talking to his agent and making an offer

If you don't think Arkansas has already been talking to his agent then I don't what else to say.

hogfansince79

Quote from: Fan1958 on December 02, 2017, 07:44:15 pm
Wow.  What I read is "I'm out the door."  He NEVER definitively said he was staying at Auburn. And he was given 3 opportunities to say that.

http://katv.com/sports/hog-central/gus-malzahn-addresses-arkansas-rumors-following-sec-championship-loss

"I'm happy here at Auburn. We got great players. I love my players. Like I said before this game, we've worked extremely hard to get here to this point. We've got a very good foundation built. I think the best is yet to come," he said.

A reporter then asked Malzahn if that meant "Arkansas should not bother asking you?"
"I'm the head coach at Auburn. I just said that."

And next year?
"I want to be the head coach at Auburn, yeah."

The reporter pushed for further clarification, asking, "you will be here next year?"
"I want to be," Malzahn said.

And you get from what he said that he is "out the door".
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." — George Carlin

HiggiePiggy

In his 5 years there he has taken them to 2 SEC championship games. Winning 1 and playing in the NC game and they want him gone because he can't do what Alabama has done. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

ThundrHawg

I try to read and not post but sometimes the urge is just too strong. Have most of you people never watched a coach be questioned on whether or not he is leaving? They NEVER ever come out and say " I don't like it here" or " That school sucks" or anything of that nature. It's like nailing jello to the wall. As many have already pointed out, he never answered the question. Negotiations are obviously ongoing. Only Gus knows at this point if he's staying or leaving but he's still pushing up the price as much as possible. All of the people saying " He didn't pledge allegiance to Arkansas, screw him" have obviously not been following the sport for long at all. WTH.......

WPSALLDAY

Either they're giving him what he wants or he's coming here. Do you guys not remember his agent using leverage from our situation to get him more money? Guys, he may really come.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: hogfansince79 on December 02, 2017, 07:51:44 pm
http://katv.com/sports/hog-central/gus-malzahn-addresses-arkansas-rumors-following-sec-championship-loss

"I'm happy here at Auburn. We got great players. I love my players. Like I said before this game, we've worked extremely hard to get here to this point. We've got a very good foundation built. I think the best is yet to come," he said.

A reporter then asked Malzahn if that meant "Arkansas should not bother asking you?"
"I'm the head coach at Auburn. I just said that."

And next year?
"I want to be the head coach at Auburn, yeah."

The reporter pushed for further clarification, asking, "you will be here next year?"
"I want to be," Malzahn said.

And you get from what he said that he is "out the door".

;D ;D

There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

leroyhawg

I'm glad to be part of such an impatient fan base, I know we have a history of screwing Coaching hires but let's be patient a few days and see how it works out.
God Loves a Working man, dont trust Whitey and darn from Shinola. Navin

Navin Johnson

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: ThundrHawg on December 02, 2017, 07:52:35 pm
I try to read and not post but sometimes the urge is just too strong. Have most of you people never watched a coach be questioned on whether or not he is leaving? They NEVER ever come out and say " I don't like it here" or " That school sucks" or anything of that nature. It's like nailing jello to the wall. As many have already pointed out, he never answered the question. Negotiations are obviously ongoing. Only Gus knows at this point if he's staying or leaving but he's still pushing up the price as much as possible. All of the people saying " He didn't pledge allegiance to Arkansas, screw him" have obviously not been following the sport for long at all. WTH.......

What a stupid comment. We know he's trying to get more money. That isn't the point. He stated he WANTS to coach Auburn!  If you think he's lying say so. I think he prefers Auburn and WANTS Auburn to pay more. He prefers Auburn.

WPSALLDAY

Either Auburn pays up after a loss, which their ego won't allow or we have a great head coach

SemperFi

Gus is not leaving Auburn. His PC said all I needed to hear to understand that. We have two viable candidates in Norvell and Venables without all the drama.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Martygit

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 02, 2017, 07:51:03 pm
If you don't think Arkansas has already been talking to his agent then I don't what else to say.

There's some good news
RIP OTR, REV

East TN HAWG

Even if we don't get Gus, we ran the price up on Aubbie.  They are a competitor, and they need to spend their money on something other than recruits.

baitshop

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on December 02, 2017, 07:16:08 pm
Gus is upset right now. After a loss he doesn't get to eat at the Waffle House. Let him go home and think about it.

The thing that worries me most about Gus is that he thinks that eating at Waffle House after a win is "rewarding" yourself....??
"Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them" - Ronald Reagan

hoglady

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on December 02, 2017, 07:52:18 pm
In his 5 years there he has taken them to 2 SEC championship games. Winning 1 and playing in the NC game and they want him gone because he can’t do what Alabama has done. 

Heck - we'd be building him a statute for doing that in 5 years here.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

leroyhawg

Quote from: SemperFi on December 02, 2017, 08:00:54 pm
Gus is not leaving Auburn. His PC said all I needed to hear to understand that. We have two viable candidates in Norvell and Venables without all the drama.
I just watched the pc and if he's coming here he's doing one hell of a job hiding it, but I've seen lots of Coaches stay the course right up til their gone.
God Loves a Working man, dont trust Whitey and darn from Shinola. Navin

Navin Johnson

99toLife

Quote from: baitshop on December 02, 2017, 08:10:22 pm
The thing that worries me most about Gus is that he thinks that eating at Waffle House after a win is "rewarding" yourself....??

HA!  Maybe he drives to Ft Smith for GREASY Food!