Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will there be protests if it is Mike Norvell?

Started by Hogtimes, December 01, 2017, 10:56:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogFansReunited

I don't really like Gus but I know that he is an improvement over CBB.  I still don't think Gus will be the next coach, I think he already accepted the job at Auburn and we will land with Norvell.  I think Norvell has more upside that Gus but he is also an unknown.  No one can say for sure how any coach would do in Arkansas.  98% of the fans thought CBB was a homerun hire (myself included).  I have noticed a lot of hate for Morris.  I don't think he is the hire we need but I do respect what he has done given the situation at SMU.  Most of you have no idea how high the academic standards are at SMU.  That combined with where the school is located makes it nearly impossible to attract quality recruits that actually qualify.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GuvHog on December 02, 2017, 08:10:38 am
Not so. Too many fans remember what happened in 2006 involving Gus and they won't forget.

Wanna bet? I bet ticket sales would increase.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Athog

harrisburghog

Norvell is nothing more than the flavor of the month candidate, I have serious doubts he can assemble an SEC quality staff.

RazorChuck

Morris is not and will not run a winning division 1 program, he is what he is at SMU.

The_Iceman

Quote from: PharmacistHog on December 02, 2017, 08:09:18 am
Even recognizing we have some dumbasses in our fanbase, we still need their asses in the seats. A boring hire doesn't accomplish that. An empty stadium doesn't generate revenue. Morris would probably build a nice and steady program but fans are impatient right now after the last six years (and deservedly so). Can't fault anybody for wanting an exciting hire.

I sure wasn't bored watching Chad Morris's offense last night in the ACC championship game. I'm sure the SMU fans aren't bored watching Chad Morris resurrect a crappy one win program and taking them to a bowl game.

I sure wouldn't be bored watching Chad Morris at Arkansas. He might turn Gerry Bohanom into the next Deshaun Watkins.

But so be it.

IronHog

Quote from: The Boar War on December 02, 2017, 08:21:52 am
Outside of a few families in Springdale I've  never understood being angry with Gus about what happened in 2006.  What did he do that would make 1/2 of our fans not renew?

He used his HS players to further his career......he came out great and they took lots of lumps in the end.  Pretty arrogant of those kids parents really to think Gus could or would protect them under Nutt.

Most people that reach the top used people to get there.....GMs was quite public and teenagers.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Pork Twain

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on December 01, 2017, 10:58:44 pm
The idea of protests regardless of who is hired, outside of Art Briles, is ridiculous. Anyone notice the backlash at Tennessee? They looked like fools. Hope we won't have to experience such idiocy here.
Agreed...bitchy hogville posters are a pretty pathetic group, that are never happy
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

CJ HOG

Quote from: harrisburghog on December 03, 2017, 07:25:28 am
Norvell is nothing more than the flavor of the month candidate, I have serious doubts he can assemble an SEC quality staff.

hotdog hog

Dang I thought you guys would know something by now. You guys suck as investigators. What am I paying all this money to HV for? I can get more info from Cleo the Barber, and his stories are a lot more entertaining. Get with it people! You better call somebody!

nwahogfan1

NO.  Because it meant Gus say no first and we are moving down our list.

The Kig

I suspect by the time this is over we will be so numb with the looming threat of truly bad candidates like Morris, Holtz and Horton that even those of us who think Norvell is a bad option will be relieved.  Our quest for mediocrity will culminate with the fanfare it deserves... No celebration, snickers from national media, and no protests.
Poker Porker

nwahogfan1

Quote from: HogFansReunited on December 02, 2017, 08:59:36 am
I don't really like Gus but I know that he is an improvement over CBB.  I still don't think Gus will be the next coach, I think he already accepted the job at Auburn and we will land with Norvell.  I think Norvell has more upside that Gus but he is also an unknown.  No one can say for sure how any coach would do in Arkansas.  98% of the fans thought CBB was a homerun hire (myself included).  I have noticed a lot of hate for Morris.  I don't think he is the hire we need but I do respect what he has done given the situation at SMU.  Most of you have no idea how high the academic standards are at SMU.  That combined with where the school is located makes it nearly impossible to attract quality recruits that actually qualify.

I totally agree with you.  I think coaching is coaching and so I have confidence in Norvell coaching. My only fears is his recruiting SEC talent.  That goes for Morris also.

roothawg

Anybody that protest whoever is hired needs to go to tenn or anywhere else.

Smashmouth2004

Quote from: ipigsooie on December 01, 2017, 10:59:17 pm
Should be a poll. Norvell and lane seem like the only guaranteed hits on here. I'll take either.
Kiffin is a homerun guaranteed hit. Norvell is a gamble!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: MC_Hog on December 02, 2017, 07:35:30 am
If it's Gus watch about a 1/3 to 1/2 of your season ticket holders not renew their season tickets

I'm gonna go ahead and call B.S. On this one...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Hogtimes on December 01, 2017, 10:56:07 pm
Just thought I was ask the same question that was posted about Chad Morris being selected.   Cheers.
there will be a big ass parade maybe.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Smashmouth2004 on December 03, 2017, 10:22:20 am
Kiffin is a homerun guaranteed hit. Norvell is a gamble!
im not even gonna try with you. and i try with almost everyone. And Kiff is my #1, too, but, boy you silly.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

pumphog

There won't be any protests, if there are then we're just showing everybody else just how dumb this fan base is. Personally I would rather not have Gus just because we're going to fire up that old debate that ended bad last time.  Somebody that has no ties to the University would be better. That way if he loses we can all bitch together or he he wins we can all slap ourselves on the back tell each other " We knew it, He was the one "  I just want it to be over.  My leaves are piling up.

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: harrisburghog on December 03, 2017, 07:25:28 am

And I have serious doubts your hero Gus can win here without those top classes he gets at Auburn, which he still underperforms with that. I also highly doubt his top assistants would come here.