Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Malzahn says

Started by Peter Porker, December 02, 2017, 07:00:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Porker

He wants to be the coach at Auburn next year. I hope he is.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

PIGskin Pride

Peter Porker

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

ricepig

https://twitter.com/GeorgeSchroeder/status/937123402963447808

There's no doubt Arkansas is about to make Gus Malzahn a crazy big offer.
Malzahn said what he had to say in the postgame. ("I want to be the head coach at Auburn."
Does that mean you will be?
"I want to be.")
What comes next? Arkansas' big offer—and what then does Auburn do?

Tusks

Well move on from Gus then.  That's BS.  You called the hogs remember Gus.  It's time to put up or shut for good.

Come and you'll be supported and loved.  Stay and you are what you are.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Eddie Goodson

The question to him was "Will you be the coach at Auburn next year?"

His answer was, "I want to be."

That is telling. That is saying I want to be the coach but Auburn won't meet my demands so I have to leave.

That response told me he is absolutely wanting to leave.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

seasonhog

Tusks

If he's got the offer from the hogs then just take the offer and stop pussyfooting around about it.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Peter Porker

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on December 02, 2017, 07:04:38 pm

That is telling. That is saying I want to be the coach but Auburn won't meet my demands so I have to leave.

Lol you read a lot into that. Projecting much?

Ironhawg

His response sounds like a negotiating move.

tzthib

Quote from: ricepig on December 02, 2017, 07:02:07 pm
https://twitter.com/GeorgeSchroeder/status/937123402963447808

There's no doubt Arkansas is about to make Gus Malzahn a crazy big offer.
Malzahn said what he had to say in the postgame. ("I want to be the head coach at Auburn."
Does that mean you will be?
"I want to be.")
What comes next? Arkansas' big offer—and what then does Auburn do?

Sounds like the answer of someone who's still trying to use the prospect of a big offer from us as leverage to get a better deal at Auburn.

Dropkick

Wait, Hyper said he already signed extension. Hahahahaha

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 02, 2017, 07:06:00 pm
Lol you read a lot into that. Projecting much?
Not projecting at all. If he had no intention on leaving he would had been far more emphatic. He was very non committal with that answer.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

seasonhog

Quote from: tusked on December 02, 2017, 07:03:39 pm
Well move on from Gus then.  That's BS.  You called the hogs remember Gus.  It's time to put up or shut for good.

Come and you'll be supported and loved.  Stay and you are what you are.

If we don't hear anything by tomorrow.....move to Norvell plus a great DC.

hog911

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 02, 2017, 07:00:21 pm
He wants to be the coach at Auburn next year. I hope he is.
if that's the case forget him and he's done as an Arkansan! Enjoy Alabama and don't dare move back home!!!!!

Peter Porker

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on December 02, 2017, 07:08:10 pm
Not projecting at all. If he had no intention on leaving he would had been far more emphatic. He was very non committal with that answer.

I WANT TO BE is non-committal?

Boles Hog

Sounds like Sexton has been coaching the coach!

Redhogs

Quote from: tusked on December 02, 2017, 07:05:44 pm
If he's got the offer from the hogs then just take the offer and stop pussyfooting around about it.
Man's ate up with greed...stay away from Ar...please Gus..
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

tzthib

Quote from: hog911 on December 02, 2017, 07:09:15 pm
if that's the case forget him and he's done as an Arkansan! Enjoy Alabama and don't dare move back home!!!!!

Amen. If he is using us as a negotiating tactic I hope we hire Norvell and he goes on to be unceremoniously fired in three years.

hogfansince79

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on December 02, 2017, 07:08:10 pm

What are you talking about?  He said, "I want to be (the coach at Auburn next year)." 
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." — George Carlin

Redhogs

Quote from: seasonhog on December 02, 2017, 07:08:21 pm

Make that tonight and we agree....

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 02, 2017, 07:09:42 pm
It is legal speak. He is locked in the biggest contract negotiation of his life. Either Arkansas or Auburn is going to step up and pay.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on December 02, 2017, 07:13:08 pm
It is legal speak. He is locked in the biggest contract negotiation of his life. Either Arkansas or Auburn is going to step up and pay.

It is about $?  Thought he wanted to come home. Or was that when he thought he was going to be fired?
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hogfansince79

I hope the hell it aint us.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." — George Carlin

Redhogs

Quote from: tzthib on December 02, 2017, 07:12:07 pm
Amen. If he is using us as a negotiating tactic I hope we hire Norvell and he goes on to be unceremoniously fired in three years.
He has been all along...whether he comes or not.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 02, 2017, 07:14:12 pm
It is about $?  Thought he wanted to come home. Or was that when he thought he was going to be fired?
It is always about the money.

Calling All Hogs

Gus is upset right now. After a loss he doesn't get to eat at the Waffle House. Let him go home and think about it.

HogFan1973

Quote from: seasonhog on December 02, 2017, 07:08:21 pm

If we are prepared to pay a lot of money per season, why not just hire Norvell and spend a lot of money to lure a good DC?

wildhogman

what if neither step up?

Bigmac2

In the words of #1 iconic band "you don't always get what you want"

SemperFi

I know that we have several that badly want Gus Malzahn as our Head Coach and I personally have nothing against the man and if he is then nothing changes for me; however, with a statement like that do we really want a man that wants to be coaching elsewhere?
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: wildhogman on December 02, 2017, 07:18:14 pm
what if neither step up?
What if one already has and he is leaning on Auburn hard to step up and keep him?

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

ASUHog

What else is a coach going to say after a tough loss with his player at his side. I would be disappointed if he had said anything else.

Beaverfever

No big bidding war for Gus.  Make him a good offer and give him one night to decide.

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on December 02, 2017, 07:20:53 pm
What if one already has and he is leaning on Auburn hard to step up and keep him?

If that's the case he wants to stay at Auburn.
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

arcowboy

Every coach says the same thing and within hrs they are gone.  The offer AR has made I don't think Auburn can or will match it

lasthog

Quote from: Dropkick on December 02, 2017, 07:07:28 pm
Wait, Hyper said he already signed extension. Hahahahaha

Like that matters to the UA. Heck, we're buyout paying fools.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on December 02, 2017, 07:23:43 pm
If that's the case he wants to stay at Auburn.
No, if that is the case, he is trying to get either or both to increase their offer.

Martygit

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 02, 2017, 07:09:42 pm

I just looked at the video - you have to look at the response in terms of what the question was - the question was: "You will be the coach at Auburn next year?" (paraphrased) - his response: "I wanna be"
RIP OTR, REV

rljjr

If the man wants to be at Auburn then let's go get Norvell and call it a day.

redeye

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on December 02, 2017, 07:04:38 pm

So "yes" means "no"?

Should I remember that with my GF?

Peter Porker

Quote from: ResIpsaLoquitur on December 02, 2017, 07:26:05 pm
I just looked at the video - you have to look at the response in terms of what the question was - the question was: "You will be the coach at Auburn next year?" (paraphrased) - his response: "I wanna be"

Ok, that makes all the difference. Thanks for that. /s

hogfansince79

Frick Gus and his games... just go get Norvell or Kiffin.  Do it.

Porked Tongue

Quote from: redeye on December 02, 2017, 07:27:16 pm
So "yes" means "no"?

Should I remember that with my GF?
Where was "yes"?

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: ResIpsaLoquitur on December 02, 2017, 07:26:05 pm

Oh! Well that's completely different. I never realized that was the question. Obviously in that case then I wanna means he hates Auburn and can't wait to leave.
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

RaisinHog

What do u want him too say after his teams last game ?

PORKULATOR

If No Gus by tomorrow afternoon, then nab some Kiffy
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

depressed_fan

Quote from: SemperFi on December 02, 2017, 07:18:39 pm
I know that we have several that badly want Gus Malzahn as our Head Coach and I personally have nothing against the man and if he is then nothing changes for me; however, with a statement like that do we really want a man that wants to be coaching elsewhere?

WHAT ELSE IS HE SUPPOSED TO SAY? The man is not necessarily lying by saying he wants to be the coach at Auburn next year. IF We did not have an opening I'm sure that would be true. So on a scale of one to ten he might want to be the coach at Auburn a 5 and want to be the coach here a 10.  He can't sit up there and say, No I don't , I want to go else where. He can't say I don't know. That would be silly. He's still under contract to work there. He's still got a bowl game for this season in a few weeks to coach there, if he decides to stay. But, this is when most coaches bolt, leaving an interim to coach the bowl so lets see what happens. I'm betting he's announced as coach by Tuesday.