Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auburn is going to love their new coach...

Started by hawgon, December 02, 2017, 12:47:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgon

Dropkick

I wish we would hire MN as he walks off the field today.

RockyMtnHog

I like the way you think.  Norvell is going somewhere.  I seriously doubt if he is at Memphis next year.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

hoghearted

It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

JONAS

Quote from: RockyMtnHog on December 02, 2017, 12:51:08 pm
I like the way you think.  Norvell is going somewhere.  I seriously doubt if he is at Memphis next year.

If he stays, it will be for one more year.  He will get a P5 job.  We may be regretting not hiring him like we did with Jimmy Johnson.

wildhogman

Quote from: hawgon on December 02, 2017, 12:47:18 pm
Mike Norvell.
And if that happens we will be trying to figure out how in heck he continues to beat us with st gus

ipigsooie

Quote from: Dropkick on December 02, 2017, 12:50:48 pm

That seems to be how things work around here. Do the hiring and firing on the field

PIGGTOWN HAM

Quote from: ipigsooie on December 02, 2017, 02:10:07 pm
That seems to be how things work around here. Do the hiring and firing on the field

Except Bret wasn't fired on the field

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: wildhogman on December 02, 2017, 02:08:22 pm
And if that happens we will be trying to figure out how in heck he continues to beat us with st gus

The Gus Cult will sacrifice pigs for their leader, Gus.

MC_Hog

The only way Auburn is getting a new coach is if Gus takes the Florida St. job

HoggyCat

I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

rljjr

ipigsooie

ricehog43

Quote from: JONAS on December 02, 2017, 12:52:48 pm
If he stays, it will be for one more year.  He will get a P5 job.  We may be regretting not hiring him like we did with Jimmy Johnson.
Yup, you took the words right out of my mouth. We will look back and wonder why we didn't hire Norvell.
U of A Alum 2011.

Scott7703

Anyone who wouldn't be excited about a Norvell hire has some sort of agenda.

dhornjr1

The argument that I have heard for Lane Kiffin coming to Arkansas makes even more sense for him going to Auburn. He apparently has a major hard-on for Nick Saban and wants to bring him down.

Auburn would make much more sense if that is the case.

FANONTHEHILL

You'll have to wait.  He's going to overtime because they gave up 48 points.  That's what scares me about Norvell.  Love the offense, but the defensive side is a concern.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Oliver

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on December 02, 2017, 02:38:28 pm
You'll have to wait.  He's going to overtime because they gave up 48 points.  That's what scares me about Norvell.

What doesn't scare me about him is that he got to OT against a team ranked higher than him in the top 25

dhornjr1

Quote from: Oliver on December 02, 2017, 02:39:35 pm
What doesn't scare me about him is that he got to OT against a team ranked higher than him in the top 25

In what is, in essence, a road game.

clutch

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on December 02, 2017, 02:38:28 pm
You'll have to wait.  He's going to overtime because they gave up 48 points.  That's what scares me about Norvell.  Love the offense, but the defensive side is a concern.

He scored 48 as well, so it washed out. Does it really matter how many points you give up if you score more than the other team?

I know the argument is that you can't consistently score more than the other team, but the same goes for great defensive coaches. It's not about what you can do every game, but what you can do about 75-80% of the time.

imtad16

I hope not. Mike Norvell at Auburn with that defense would be scary.

Horse racer

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Scott7703 on December 02, 2017, 02:28:53 pm
Anyone who wouldn't be excited about a Norvell hire has some sort of agenda.
ding ding ding ding ding.

A bunch of them dont like him because he "acts too black" for them.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Horse racer on December 02, 2017, 02:48:14 pm
Clock management needs work
they never go slow, they havent had many of them delay penalties all year. that isnt their specialty, running clock.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Tony Perkis

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 02, 2017, 02:49:33 pm

Dude. Stop. I like you, but you're getting a bit excessive.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Tony Perkis on December 02, 2017, 02:50:16 pm
Dude. Stop. I like you, but you're getting a bit excessive.
it's true, they will admit it in PMs. 3 already straight up have. I KNOW you know it's true but dont like talking about stuff like that. Ill stop... but it is true.
@Slackaveli

alohawg

Nope, they'll likely make the monumental mistake and hire Gus.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 02, 2017, 02:49:33 pm

It's enough to have to deal with you Shaun King wannabe social justice warriors in JB.   Now we will have to do it in MMQB if we hire White Boy Carl.   
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Semper Hogelis

Bobby P will be at Aubie if they should have a vacancy.
I need a monkey, a football and a bucket of grease. HY coaching search 2019....

HogPharmer

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 02, 2017, 02:52:46 pm
It's enough to have to deal with you Shaun King wannabe social justice warriors in JB.   Now we will have to do it in MMQB if we hire White Boy Carl.   

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Donny2665

This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

cosmodrum

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 02, 2017, 02:50:44 pm
it's true, they will admit it in PMs. 3 already straight up have. I KNOW you know it's true but dont like talking about stuff like that. Ill stop... but it is true.

He had cornrows in 2001. I bet he's even heard a rap song.
Go away, batin'

collins4heisman

Lol OP Norvell lost today! What a great a coach!!!

clutch

Quote from: collins4heisman on December 02, 2017, 04:24:06 pm

In OT to the #14 team in the country at their home field. Not really a knock on his resume. If anything, he improved his resume, because so many people said he couldn't play with UCF. He showed that the last matchup was more of the exception than the rule.

cosmodrum

Quote from: collins4heisman on December 02, 2017, 04:24:06 pm

Well damn, we gotta cross coaches off the list that have lost games.
Go away, batin'

onebadrubi

Quote from: clutch on December 02, 2017, 02:43:40 pm
He scored 48 as well, so it washed out. Does it really matter how many points you give up if you score more than the other team?

I know the argument is that you can't consistently score more than the other team, but the same goes for great defensive coaches. It's not about what you can do every game, but what you can do about 75-80% of the time.

Yes it does matter, you better win every football game you score 50+ In if you're a. Sec team

Hoggish1

Quote from: Imminent Rueage on December 02, 2017, 02:43:09 pm
In what is, in essence, a road game.

Uh, where is the "in essence" you speak of. It was a road game.