Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AJC: Gus Malzahn keeps Arkansas rumor alive -- was that a mistake?

Started by Locutus_of_Boar, December 02, 2017, 05:49:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Locutus_of_Boar

No news but this is the view from Atlanta.  Jeff Schultz used to get into it with Bobby Petrino back in the day.

From a negotiating standpoint, Malzahn is making the smart play. His agent is Jimmy Sexton, the most powerful man in college football because he represents seemingly every major coach (including Malzahn, Smart, Saban and Jimbo Fisher). And the joke in college football is that at Auburn, the head coach is always a two-game losing streak from being fired. Or one loss from being so fed up with the heat that he would leave.

http://www.myajc.com/blog/jeff-schultz/gus-malzahn-lets-arkansas-rumor-hang-out-there-was-that-mistake/6xul0Y9S16La4ifCHRjU8J/

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HardCore

Not a mistake if Gus and Kristi really want to come home.  Sexton knows what he is doing.....either Gus gets a major payday with major buyout protection from AU or he gets to come home to coach his Alma Mater.  Catch-22, yes, but a catch-22 I would love to have the option of choosing.

Hell, either choice, Gus makes more $ in one year than most of us on this board would cumulatively make in 3 back-to-back, 20-year careers.
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

HyperDrive

I'm telling you, the choice has already been made and it ain't Arkansas.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

Tony Perkis

Quote from: HyperDrive on December 02, 2017, 07:10:24 am
He's awake and back! The all-telling HyperDrive! Bow in his presence, peasants!

jrulz83

Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

jimmur74

rljjr

Well if you know that then the Arkansas football people should know that, meaning a new coaching announcement should be imminent either after the Memphis game or Florida Atlantic's game. I'd be ok either way, although I've come to think lately that Kiffin is the better choice -- but I'd be extremely pleased with Norvell.

NVRyield

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on December 02, 2017, 05:49:29 am
No news but this is the view from Atlanta.  Jeff Schultz used to get into it with Bobby Petrino back in the day.

From a negotiating standpoint, Malzahn is making the smart play. His agent is Jimmy Sexton, the most powerful man in college football because he represents seemingly every major coach (including Malzahn, Smart, Saban and Jimbo Fisher). And the joke in college football is that at Auburn, the head coach is always a two-game losing streak from being fired. Or one loss from being so fed up with the heat that he would leave.

http://www.myajc.com/blog/jeff-schultz/gus-malzahn-lets-arkansas-rumor-hang-out-there-was-that-mistake/6xul0Y9S16La4ifCHRjU8J/

There are enough openings now, all of Sexton's clients see greener pastures at the same time.

HyperDrive

Quote from: jimmur74 on December 02, 2017, 07:23:25 am
Why so touchy bud

Because I feel bad that so many are unable to face reality.  It's like talking to an anorexic who keeps telling you she feels fat.

SiriusHog™

Quote from: HyperDrive on December 02, 2017, 07:40:58 am
Because I feel bad that so many are unable to face reality.  It's like talking to an anorexic who keeps telling you she feels fat.

An Auburn fan with 2500 posts on an Arkansas message board. Someones got a lot of time on their hands.

HyperDrive

Quote from: SiriusHog™ on December 02, 2017, 07:44:35 am
An Auburn fan with 2500 posts on an Arkansas message board. Someones got a lot of time on their hands.

2500 posts in almost 10 years.  What of it?

SiriusHog™

Tony Perkis

Quote from: HyperDrive on December 02, 2017, 07:46:27 am
2500 posts in almost 10 years.  What of it?
Okay then...An Auburn fan with 10 years of posting on an Arkansas message board. Someones got a lot of time on their hands.

100%Razorback

Win or lose, Gus is coming to Arkansas. From what I just heard, and yes, it's reliable, I would bet my retirement pension on it. Just sayin. And for the record, I've never got on here with any bs info.

bville_hog

But what it says is true right?  He is a two-game losing streak away from Auburn wanting him fired.

jimmur74

Sounds like he wants a Bromance with Gussy

Quote from: Tony Perkis on December 02, 2017, 07:13:42 am

HyperDrive

Quote from: SiriusHog™ on December 02, 2017, 07:48:31 am
Real sweet bud.

Just saying, that's about 4 or so posts a week on average?  Welcome to the world of browsers with multiple tabs.  I can be logged into a Auburn board, here, read ESPN, and be on Twitter all at the same time.  The wonders of modern technology.  Not really that big a time commit.

Tony Perkis

Quote from: HyperDrive on December 02, 2017, 07:50:43 am
Just saying, that's about 4 or so posts a week on average?  Welcome to the world of browsers with multiple tabs.  I can be logged into a Auburn board, here, read ESPN, and be on Twitter all at the same time.  The wonders of modern technology.  Not really that big a time commit.
I think this is called an addiction, folks.

HyperDrive

Quote from: Tony Perkis on December 02, 2017, 07:13:42 am

My source is better than any link you could demand.  I don't need obsequience or anything.  I'm just trying to help a good fanbase snap out of delusion.

jimmur74

I tell ya what!  Maybe he did sign but when Georgia beats them today their is gonna be alot of sick boosters! It will be a spectacular  scene " How did we beat them by 25 plus at home and we can't win the BIG game when the Playoff is on the line!!! There will be calls to  Renig the contract!  Structures will burn. Lol. Get your popcorn folks.

Quote from: bville_hog on December 02, 2017, 07:49:30 am
But what it says is true right?  He is a two-game losing streak away from Auburn wanting him fired.

HoopS

You are either Kristi, Sexton, or the bratty child of some Auburn big wig. Or a troll.

duckman

Not saying he didn't sign last night at 8, but it's been 12 hours and not peep from the media?  So...... Either Hyperdrive is more connected than every sports reporter in Alabama or he is a troll.

Opinions?

jimmur74

Here ya go

Quote from: duckman on December 02, 2017, 07:59:48 am
Not saying he didn't sign last night at 8, but it's been 12 hours and not peep from the media?  So...... Either Hyperdrive is more connected than every sports reporter in Alabama or he is a troll.

Opinions?

jst01

Quote from: HyperDrive on December 02, 2017, 07:54:31 am
My source is better than any link you could demand.  I don't need obsequience or anything.  I'm just trying to help a good fanbase snap out of delusion.

Not all of this fan base believe he is some kind of program savior. He'd probably do well, but I think a couple of possible coaches could recruit as well and perform the same as Gus

HyperDrive

Quote from: jimmur74 on December 02, 2017, 07:54:55 am
I tell ya what!  Maybe he did sign but when Georgia beats them today their is gonna be alot of sick boosters! It will be a spectacular  scene " How did we beat them by 25 plus at home and we can't win the BIG game when the Playoff is on the line!!! There will be calls to  Renig the contract!  Structures will burn. Lol. Get your popcorn folks.

You sound bitter. 

wildhogman

Quote from: HyperDrive on December 02, 2017, 08:10:34 am
You sound bitter. 
Got a link to the aubbie board you frequent and the name you use there so guys from here know where to look if aubbi loses today?  Should be epic.

Hog Waller

I hope and pray you are right.  Auburn can keep him imo.

HyperDrive

Quote from: wildhogman on December 02, 2017, 08:17:55 am
Got a link to the aubbie board you frequent and the name you use there so guys from here know where to look if aubbi loses today?  Should be epic.

Tell you what, if Auburn loses, I'll come here and take my medicine myself.  I'll start the thread.  I'll do the same if what I've told you about Gus signing turns out not to be true.

GuvHog

Quote from: jimmur74 on December 02, 2017, 07:54:55 am

I'm sure it'll be closer since the game is being played in Georgia's back yard but I still believe Auburn will win.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

CDBHawg

HyperDrive

Quote from: GuvHog on December 02, 2017, 08:24:06 am
I'm sure it'll be closer since the game is being played in Georgia's back yard but I still believe Auburn will win.

This is pretty much where I am.  I expect it to be closer.  But the fundamental reasons Auburn won that game still exist - Auburn's domination of both lines of scrimmage, especially our defensive line against their offensive line.  I expect some wrinkles that will enable them to score more than 10 (17 last time was a misnomer - the last TD was against backups down 40-10 late).  But no one has scored more than 20 on our starters all year.  I don't see UGA doing much more than that either.  I'm going with Auburn 30-21.

redhogchilipepper

He doesn't want anyone on his turf to call him out in front of his own

Redhogs

Quote from: jst01 on December 02, 2017, 08:09:40 am
Not all of this fan base believe he is some kind of program savior. He'd probably do well, but I think a couple of possible coaches could recruit as well and perform the same as Gus
^^^THIS^^^  Mike, Brent or Lane for me....Gus can keep his kiniving little butt at Au.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

JONAS

Seriously,  I don't want Gus Malzahn to be the Razorbacks head coach.   I would support him, but not who I want.  So that is fine with me if he stays at Auburn forever.

EastexHawg

Well, considering you proved last night you are a lying sack of **** excuse me for not giving a **** what you are telling anyone.

FaytownHog

Quote from: duckman on December 02, 2017, 07:59:48 am

Opinions?
Exactly. Would be all over twitter and social media by now if he signed an extension.

Bubba's Bruisers

And such an irony for the Barners.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

EastexHawg

I think everyone should cut out this article and tape it to the refrigerator, or at least save the link to favorites...just so it will be handy and can be whipped out the next time someone on this board or anywhere else starts spewing something about what the "national media" will say about us.

It's right there in black and white.  A top coach going to Arkansas would be a "mistake".  We are cute, cuddly little Arkansas and while we do run a team through the tunnel to participate in football games, we should know our place and leave the winning to the real programs like Bama, LSU, and Auburn.

Sure, we might get lucky and pull off an upset from time to time, but we shouldn't get uppity and think about trying to compete.  That's not our "place", and if we ever forget what is the people who know what it is, like this guy, will be glad to remind us.

Run along, now, and content yourselves with someone like the guy at SMU with the losing record...or maybe the ASSISTANT from Auburn.  Those guys might get you to the Weed Whacker Bowl every other year, which is really all Arkansas should expect.

axharbor

Seriously at this point if Gus was staying at Auburn regardless I cannot fathom why an extension wouldn't have been signed and announced nationally. Someone explain to me the reason Auburn would have to cover up Gus signing the extension.  It just doesn't make sense to me.  Gus isn't my #1, but he's as close as my #2 could get to being my top choice. I'd love to hire Kiffin but would be thrilled with Gus.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Tony Perkis on December 02, 2017, 07:53:10 am
I think this is called an addiction, folks.

Attention: if you or a loved one was diagnosed with mesothelioma you may be entitled to financial compensation.

Mesothelioma is a rare cancer linked to asbestos exposure. 

Exposure to asbestos in the navy, shipyards, mills, heating, construction, or the automotive industries may have put you at risk. 

Please don't wait.  Call 1-800-99 law USA for a free legal consultation and financial information packet. 

Mesothelioma patients, call now.  1-800-99 law USA. 

GuvHog

Quote from: EastexHawg on December 02, 2017, 09:33:31 am
I think everyone should cut out this article and tape it to the refrigerator, or at least save the link to favorites...just so it will be handy and can be whipped out the next time someone on this board or anywhere else starts spewing something about what the "national media" will say about us.

It's right there in black and white.  A top coach going to Arkansas would be a "mistake".  We are cute, cuddly little Arkansas and while we do run a team through the tunnel to participate in football games, we should know our place and leave the winning to the real programs like Bama, LSU, and Auburn.

Sure, we might get lucky and pull off an upset from time to time, but we shouldn't get uppity and think about trying to compete.  That's not our "place", and if we ever forget what is the people who know what it is, like this guy, will be glad to remind us.

Run along, now, and content yourselves with someone like the guy at SMU with the losing record...or maybe the ASSISTANT from Auburn.  Those guys might get you to the Weed Whacker Bowl every other year, which is really all Arkansas should expect.

Man! You're really in an uproar this morning!
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

EastexHawg

Quote from: GuvHog on December 02, 2017, 09:36:22 am
Man! You're really in an uproar this morning!

It's the truth.  "The rest of the country" thought we should keep Long and probably retain Bielema for another year or twelve because what we were getting from them is what the rest of the conference and the country thinks we should be happy to expect.

HeyHogs

You again?  Where is that link we are all wanting to see?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: jimmur74 on December 02, 2017, 07:23:25 am
Why so touchy bud
yeah, about that.

You guys wanna stand in the shadows and throw poop at everyone who brings info to the board like it's your Monkey-God given rights, and then yell "Why you dare to fight back?" when we fight back. gtfooh w/ that nonsense. This me fighting back right here

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

hawginbigd1

Quote from: HyperDrive on December 02, 2017, 08:27:11 am
This is pretty much where I am.  I expect it to be closer.  But the fundamental reasons Auburn won that game still exist - Auburn's domination of both lines of scrimmage, especially our defensive line against their offensive line.  I expect some wrinkles that will enable them to score more than 10 (17 last time was a misnomer - the last TD was against backups down 40-10 late).  But no one has scored more than 20 on our starters all year.  I don't see UGA doing much more than that either.  I'm going with Auburn 30-21.
Hyper don't pay any attention to the chuckle heads who get their knickers all twisted. Thanks for the information, but A. You did kind of tell, what you "know" without citation to kinda troll us, just admit it. B. It would have been a tight game anyway, but I think the lack of a healthy Kerryon Johnson, tigers lose and Dogs win

wildhogman

Quote from: HyperDrive on December 02, 2017, 08:22:04 am
Tell you what, if Auburn loses, I'll come here and take my medicine myself.  I'll start the thread.  I'll do the same if what I've told you about Gus signing turns out not to be true.
So basically your answer says, "not a chance, I am really a plant and don't want any of you guys coming to my board and outing me infront of my trailor park buddies

jkstock04

Quote from: HyperDrive on December 02, 2017, 07:54:31 am
You have zero sources.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys