Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tennessee fires Currie

Started by tigers68, December 01, 2017, 09:15:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

BR

Quote from: HF#1 on December 01, 2017, 09:15:49 am
You can't make this stuff up
NOPE, but we can add another Thread on it...
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

HoggusMaximus

Joe-T

Großer Kriegschwein

Now it would be even funnier if Leach backs out from not having an AD in place.
This is my non-signature signature.

Hogeration

They should hire Long yesterday.

jrulz83

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on December 01, 2017, 09:19:01 am

Now that would be a tragedy. Sweet, delicious tragedy.
Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

RexMentor

I can't wait for the 30 for 30 on coach searches and AD firings this season. Plenty of drama.

BigK_HogHeaven

Reports now that Fulmer "sabotaged" the coaching search in hopes of getting Currie fired and getting himself in the AD position

rljjr

Quote from: BigK_HogHeaven on December 01, 2017, 09:21:57 am
Reports now that Fulmer "sabotaged" the coaching search in hopes of getting Currie fired and getting himself in the AD position

Why he would want to go back after they did him wrong so many years ago is beyond me.

michiganhog65

He has done that before.  See Johnny Majors

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Hogeration on December 01, 2017, 09:19:39 am
They should hire Long yesterday.

Honestly they should.  And maybe that's what they have in mind pulling the trigger on Currie.  The continual leaks and rebuffs shows the amount of leaks and chaos over there and that's with a sitting AD in place.  One thing about Jeff he knew how to run a coach search and keep info on the DL.  It would give them immediate credibility and could even help attract a coach that previously turned them down.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

ipigsooie

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on December 01, 2017, 09:26:46 am
Honestly they should.  And maybe that's what they have in mind pulling the trigger on Currie.  The continual leaks and rebuffs shows the amount of leaks and chaos over there and that's with a sitting AD in place.  One thing about Jeff he knew how to run a coach search and keep info on the DL.  It would give them immediate credibility and could even help attract a coach that previously turned them down.

Apparently Phil Fulmer has been sabotaging the search to get himself the AD spot. Wow

bosshog84

Long and Bielema are still available for a package deal.  ;)

hawgon

How would Fulmer do that?  I'm not doubting, I'm just asking how he could.

ipigsooie

This place is insane. I thought we were a mess.

GBHawg

@Brett_McMurphy

Sources: John Currie was prepared to hire Mike Leach but university officials wouldn't allow him to do so. Phillip Fulmer has been sabotaging search process in hopes to become Tennessee's AD

ipigsooie

Hawg n GA

Rumor is he was offered the job but the powers that be at Tennessee said no

There's still a good chance we put our coaching search in the ditch, but nobody is topping Tennessee for disfunction this off season.

NoogaHog

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on December 01, 2017, 09:26:46 am

Yes, but would he cowtow to the Haslems?
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

ChicoHog

Please let them hire Leach and keep that dumpster fire burning! 

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: Hawg n GA on December 01, 2017, 09:32:15 am
Rumor is he was offered the job but the powers that be at Tennessee said no

From a Chris Low article.

Currie flew back earlier Friday to Knoxville after interviewing Washington State coach Mike Leach on Thursday in Los Angeles. University officials instructed Currie not to broker a deal with Leach or anybody else prior to returning to campus, sources told ESPN

NoogaHog

Long could do worse than Tennessee, but after his soiree with Petrino, he is only going to be looking for a high character head coach. That means he probably wouldn't "Bring Lane Home" and would probably rule out Leach. I could see hiring Les, and there are a lot of UT fans that want Les.

The other question is would he serve at the pleasure of the Haslems? Which was Currie's main purpose and he was fired when he went around Jimmy H to talk to Leach without his blessing.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"